Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

In as Jimlit if I could get an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jimlit posted:

In as Jimlit if I could get an invite.

invite sent, :f5:

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I'm in. Lysandus in game if I could get an invite please.

No idea what I'm doing but I chopped down some cherry trees.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lysandus posted:

I'm in. Lysandus in game if I could get an invite please.

No idea what I'm doing but I chopped down some cherry trees.

invite sent, :f5: and you are welcome to do whatever you want p much

Birthday event starts in ~10 hours, 16k actions over 5 days gets you the maximum. Eat the food, get to 15 timer and 100% double drops!

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Does the botcheck ever go away?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lysandus posted:

Does the botcheck ever go away?

every 30 minutes forever unless you pay. then it's every 60 minutes forever. constantly validating your humanity.
this is actually one of the better botchecks in the genre, weirdly enough.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The botcheck is to make sure you aren't botting the 30 minute continue button. The genre evolved them when people just set up auto clickers to click "repeat last action". This turned into once every 5/10 minutes and just building the auto repeat into the game. Then they added bot checks because people just botted the 5/10 minute check.

If you are having trouble with the checks they are an image map not a grid. The idiot that coded it didn't even do a good job tracing the outline. You have to click inside the border of the image for it to register some of the sets are off by a bit. Try and click center. If you are using a touch device have fun, because it's going to register wherever your finger touches first as where you clicked, which is going to be outside the tiny rear end icon.

Is Grumpy still siding with sexist homophobic racists?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

pixaal posted:

Is Grumpy still siding with sexist homophobic racists?

I'm going to lean towards yes but tbh i haven't seen it come up in worldchat lately for a refreshing change

everyburger
Nov 17, 2018

coming here was a mistake
just joined as yoga4dogs if i could get an invite

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

everyburger posted:

just joined as yoga4dogs if i could get an invite

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Joined as Bwndel.
How are the pubbie tears?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

terrenblade posted:

Joined as Bwndel.
How are the pubbie tears?
Invite sent.

A4 Steak Sauce
May 9, 2016
In as A4SteakSauce, looking to join up!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

one-twelfth of the leaderboards now controlled by goons

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

oldskool posted:

one-twelfth of the leaderboards now controlled by goons

:golfclap: Very nice.

How's the clan scores coming along? How close are we to #1? It's hard to believe it's been over 2 years since I played this game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Last I checked (right now) we're ~17mil behind second place gaining ~200k a day, and another ~17mil behind first place and we're about even with them because they're all heavy into combat.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey in game, could I get an invite?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

KazigluBey in game, could I get an invite?

somebody besides me got an invite for a change, you're in
e: and you have storage access so you can tap into our network of socialized supplies

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

oldskool posted:

somebody besides me got an invite for a change, you're in
e: and you have storage access so you can tap into our network of socialized supplies

Thanks!

Is the guide in the OP still current? Are the "Blue" set items the Light Blue ones, or one of the other Blue variants?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This post is way better and up to date:

Colin Mockery posted:

Starting Gear Set for Newbies
Everything should be in the "Gear" storage in Aeon Bay (in Cadenberge Territory)

RD = Random Drop
DD = Double Drop
Superior: the item name is pink

Head: Headless Horseman's Hat (-5 min timer, -100% RD), Dazzling Festive Hat (+100% RD)
Neck: Scarecrow's Scarf (+1 to all item sets)
Torso: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Shirt*
Hands: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Gloves*
Legs: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Pants*
Feet: Dazzling Festive Boots (+10% DD)
Left Hand: the relevant tool for the skill you're training; you can only equip the weakest tools to start with
Right Hand: Superior Basic Spellbook (+1 mana regen, requires level 5 magic**)
Left Bracelet: Gingerbread Bracelet
Right Bracelet: Nothing (you can't equip anything in this slot yet :( )
Amulet: Gingerbread Pendant (+15 max mana, really useful early on)
Ring: Gingerbread Ring (-2 timer)
Accessory: Superior Abounding Horn of Plenty (-4 timer, some DD)

*: Craftable Clothing
For general use, if you have the scarecrow's scarf, wearing 1 of each superior sea silk primary color will give you -6 timer, +90% RD, +18% DD, and +18% success. That's good enough if you're lazy and don't care.

A superior piece of clothing is worth +2 to the item set, which gives you a total of +3 if you have the scarf equipped.

For advanced use, if you want to fully maximize one stat, you will want the superior primary T3 (Sea Silk, 18%) + the normal mixed-color T3 (Sea Silk, 9%) + the superior primary T2 (Qivuit, 12%). That'll give you a total of +39% (or 195% RD) of your desired stat.

Blue = RD
Yellow = DD
Red = Success

Orange = Success
Green = DD
Purple = RD

**: MAGIC
Train your magic. Follow the magic guide in the OP. It is very important to get to 5 magic so you can equip the spellbook, which doubles your mana regen.

Starting Food for Newbies:
you will run out of carrying capacity before you manage to noticeably dent the guild's stockpile of food

There's lots of different foods that have similar effects but if you're not sure what to get, here's some sample foods for each category. You can also search by effect name in the top-right "Looking for something?" Search box and it will bring up a list of which foods have which effects and how much we have of each.

For mana, I think you won't get the regen if you're at max mana but still have the effect going, so don't eat too many at once.

Timer: cherry pie, pumpkin ale
RD: crab legs (50%), steamed shellfish (50%), lucky valentine card (200%),
DD: crab stuffed sturgeons, lobster tails, rose-scented candle
Success: glazed salmon, iris-scented candle, stuffed peppers
Mana: bottle of lightning (1/action), raw sea urchin (5/action), frog legs (5/action)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Bloody mary's mirror gives +2 regen with 0 requirements. They're far more valuable as spell duration equipment than as mana regen equipment though, but you could definitely use them to boost you from 1->5 magic faster...although you could probably dip into the lightning stash for that too.

Same idea for the wedding corsage. Technically usable as a replacement aurora with no requirement, but again far more valuable as part of a casting set. We also don't have a ton of either

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Trying this out. In-game name is "muckle mowser"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gey muckle mowser posted:

Trying this out. In-game name is "muckle mowser"

We're (finally) under 10 million XP away from second place guild!

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
In as Upgrayedd if this is still a thing..

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Flavor Truck posted:

In as Upgrayedd if this is still a thing..

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oldskool posted:

We're (finally) under 10 million XP away from second place guild!

Closing in on Number 1, do pubbies still care, or have they started pulling the "we never cared about ranking anyway" speel.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They generally don't talk about us any more...but there really isn't much talking going on in worldchat in general.

The majority of world chat lately is mordaq (still) pretending to be a cat, and a person named No One being the target of hilarious wordplay.

~9 million to second place guild!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

oldskool posted:

The majority of world chat lately is mordaq (still) pretending to be a cat
Oh cool so nothing changed....

oldskool posted:

~9 million to second place guild!
NICE!

Just looked it up, so you're looking at ~2 month still?
Edit: As the other guilds are making ~900k a month and we make ~1m, it'll take more like 90 weeks?

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 28, 2019

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah we're like ~2 years away at the current "the handful of us left just do whatever we feel like" pace.

If we actively pushed XP (pop boners for +xp%, max out double drop % and do alchemy/carpentry/cooking/smithing/tailoring for double xp on double drops) we'd cut into that significantly. When I was on a cooking surge I was pulling....I want to say around 250k guild XP a day? 170xp for shrimp gumbo, x2 for double drops, x1.66 for boner point bonus, x4 actions per minute, x30 minutes per botcheck (lol paying grumpy any more at this point)...68k per botcheck, /4 for 17,000 guild xp per botcheck. Depends how many botchecks a day I hit.

It requires some setup but a megapush is certainly doable if there's interest.

World chat is currently "arguing" flat earth re: weather patterns. I can't tell who's being ironic and who's just an idiot. :amar:

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 28, 2019

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Yeah I hate 30m timers so I know I'd cave and just buy it because it's cheap as poo poo, and I cant give that guy money. If you can do it without giving him money he runs about 5 servers and you are costing him a lot, so please keep mashing bot checks and racking up server bills.

The game itself is pretty solid, almost every single goon that has stopped playing was because of the devs lovely opinions.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like dumb idle clicker games so I'm in as Yaoi Fangirl

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Blast of Confetti posted:

I like dumb idle clicker games so I'm in as Yaoi Fangirl

e: you have already accepted before I posted, good work

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

oldskool posted:

Yeah we're like ~2 years away at the current "the handful of us left just do whatever we feel like" pace.

If we actively pushed XP (pop boners for +xp%, max out double drop % and do alchemy/carpentry/cooking/smithing/tailoring for double xp on double drops) we'd cut into that significantly. When I was on a cooking surge I was pulling....I want to say around 250k guild XP a day? 170xp for shrimp gumbo, x2 for double drops, x1.66 for boner point bonus, x4 actions per minute, x30 minutes per botcheck (lol paying grumpy any more at this point)...68k per botcheck, /4 for 17,000 guild xp per botcheck. Depends how many botchecks a day I hit.

It requires some setup but a megapush is certainly doable if there's interest.

World chat is currently "arguing" flat earth re: weather patterns. I can't tell who's being ironic and who's just an idiot. :amar:

I sometimes screw around when I work from home.. def not going to sperglord it but whatever I'll keep on pushing buttons occasionally

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I got banned during my yearly visit (idk why but don't look) and can't write messages in world or guild any more (You got banned), but otherwise my interface seems fine and I can take stuff out of the guild storage and travel. Just filled a bota bag. And I can read world and guild as well. Strange ban.

Thx oldskool, rip indeed.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

You don't show up in the guild member log any more either. Or the player search. Or the high scores board.

It's like you don't exist. But you have access to all our stuff. Access we can't revoke because you don't exist :laffo:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

hax!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
WTF he removed me from the Highscores???? Motherfucker.

If....uhhh....someone has an idea what someone could do with a banned account that is kinda still there, message me ;) (Or post here)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Maybe the ban needs to replicate to his 6 servers first lol.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

oldskool posted:

It's like you don't exist. But you have access to all our stuff. Access we can't revoke because you don't exist :laffo:

Btw thats hilarious.

00:46 Grumpy Aspersa : he doesn't need one, he keeps trying to talk for the last 7 minutes, even though it keeps saying he's banned
00:46 brinewave bats : hmm not showing up in player search
00:46 Grumpy Aspersa : remember that thing about short term memory I said? it's true
00:48 WinniePoohBear Homey : you mean you can still chat even if you are banned
00:48 WinniePoohBear Homey : or try to
00:48 Chipper Chronos -PoD- : like a reddit shadowban

Cool, so he doesn't really want to lose a player but he....uh.....what?

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RWSA update: still has access to the Messaging system, and shows up in guild item logs so I guess you can't just rob us blind with zero evidence.