Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Isn't that the same problem that there is with Ox16 or whatever his name is? Banned but still exists in the guild rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Grumpy banned me for real. Just because I communicated through forum titles??? What a dictator!

20:00 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Yo Grumpy you still suck and have raised a terri
20:01 Syrup Waffle : He sounds hurt in the nethers
20:01 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : He does.
20:02 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Go gently caress yourself Mordaq you pice of poo poo
20:03 * mordaq the fluffy kitten giggles *
20:03 RWSA created Development > Feedback > I can't wait to see what Grumpy screws up fixing
20:04 RWSA created Development > Feedback > So, what going on with you? Anyone need a buff?
20:04 Sal Legacy : RIP him.
20:05 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Hey Sal
20:05 RWSA created Development > Feedback > sorry i'm gonna leave
20:06 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Grumpy just is too terrible in moderating
20:06 RWSA created Development > Feedback > there's incest roleplay in world or boxshitting
20:07 RWSA created Development > Feedback > new people leave because it's disgusting
20:07 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Very sad
20:09 RWSA created Development > Feedback > So where is Grumpy?
20:09 RWSA created Development > Feedback > I'm sure he has something to say about that
20:09 * Mr Dr Darrens cramps the lifestyle of the rich and famous *
20:09 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Also, be prepared for a spam-filter for the foru
20:10 Mr Dr Darrens -PoD- : looks like someone wants grumpy to banhammer him lol
20:10 RWSA created Development > Feedback > He removed me from the highscores already
20:11 BlindedInChains -PoD- : After the drama last night I’m getting my popcorn ready for this lol
20:11 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Because he is a little bitch
20:11 Syrup Waffle :
20:11 Mr Dr Darrens -PoD- : i missed drama
20:11 * mordaq the fluffy kitten pops some more popcorn *
20:11 * Mr Dr Darrens breaks out the popcorn *
20:12 RWSA created Development > Feedback > This could have been such a great game
20:12 BlindedInChains -PoD- : Y’all need to leave my popcorn alone!
20:12 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Gimme some popcorn too!!!!
20:12 Syrup Waffle : Share the corn!
20:12 * Mr Dr Darrens starts selling hot dogs and beer *
20:13 RWSA created Development > Feedback > apply as a visitor to "cone" and you'll see
20:13 RWSA created Development > Feedback > how stupid y'all play the game
20:14 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : How much do you want to bet he still doesn't know why he got banned?
20:14 Syrup Waffle :
20:14 Syrup Waffle : Having that tag explains everything right away.
20:14 RWSA created Development > Feedback > oh stfu mordaq
20:14 Wicky Fool : If people would not respond they'd probably stop
20:14 Syrup Waffle : Oh well. I'm off to the bar!
20:14 Wicky Fool : Y'all are giving them the attention they want
20:15 RWSA created Development > Feedback > mordaq you are the shittiest thing happen to WC
20:15 * mordaq the fluffy kitten adds a win to his sheet *
20:15 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : Bingo!
20:15 BlindedInChains -PoD- : I don’t want to reply but at the same time the intrigue is getting to me as to what cone is
20:16 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Cone is the only guild where you can have everyt
20:16 RWSA created Development > Feedback > No paying for stuff, take what you need
20:16 RWSA created Development > Feedback > then make stuff, give back what you don't need
20:17 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : It's a guild, as far as I can tell. They tend to keep to themselves
20:17 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Yes mordaq, we are number 3 but you never heard
20:18 RWSA created Development > Feedback > PRAISE THE CONE
20:19 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Fact1: Cowboy is a bigot
20:19 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Fact2: Mordaq is hosed up in the head
20:20 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Fact3: Sal is sometimes .... but sometimes OK
20:20 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Fact4: aplly to cone if you just wanna own
20:20 RWSA created Development > Feedback > we have everything and just want your XP
20:22 Wretched Revenant Slumber : how's it goin?
20:22 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Well, this was fun!
20:22 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : Hiya Kerb
20:22 PapaCat J.O.A.T : You prepared 1 Stuffed Peppers.
20:23 Mr Dr Darrens -PoD- : kerb?
20:23 Wretched Revenant Slumber : al space program?
20:23 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : Yep
20:23 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : The little green men.
20:24 Wretched Revenant Slumber : i've never played that game but i remember thinking it sounded interesting
20:24 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : You need to know rocket science to play it
20:24 * Mr Dr Darrens ponders *
20:25 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : To play it correctly, that is
20:25 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : If you just wanna mess around and blow things up, you need to know nothing.
20:25 Wretched Revenant Slumber : sounds like it could get addictive if you get past the initial learning curve
20:26 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem :
20:26 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Maybe i was wrong about you, morday
20:27 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : Just remember, you always need more struts. And engines
20:31 Chipper Chronos -PoD- : i winder how it feels when you have so little going for you in your life that you have to go online and spam a website that youve been banned from
20:31 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem :
20:32 PapaCat J.O.A.T : You prepared 2 Stuffed Peppers.
20:37 WinniePoohBear Homey : 20k to my next cooking level
20:40 RWSA created Development > Feedback > Yes Chipper unlike someone playing this game
20:41 RWSA created Development > Feedback > i have very little going on in my life
20:42 Grumpy Aspersa :
20:42 undefined created Development > Feedback > also, i'm not spamming
20:42 mordaq the fluffy kitten Nem : Oh hi Grumpy
20:42 Grumpy Aspersa :
20:43 undefined created Development > Feedback > I'm using the tools the creator gave to me
20:43 Grumpy Aspersa : the braindead piece of garbage is back
20:43 Grumpy Aspersa : give me a minute
20:43 undefined created Development > Feedback > oh hey grumpy

(bolding by me)

edit: No, I'm not proud of myself.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 6, 2019

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

One thing that is telling and kinda funny about this POS game for me was how the smilies chrome extension or doing whatever Grumpy didn't like that week would get people banned or IP blocked without warning.

Meanwhile overt automation botting goes unpunished because uh.... sure someone completing botchecks for 24hours straight seems legit.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

lol "undefined"

also, 6 million to 2nd place :toot:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Where are tha bots

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

oldskool posted:

lol "undefined"

also, 6 million to 2nd place :toot:

Oh, well if were doing a push for 2nd, I guess I can come back and work on it too.

lol grumpy's so bad

The only fun thing in this game is crushing our competition with the power of fully automated luxury gay space communism.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

It's amazing how bad grumpy is. Surely, "banning someone" is a solved problem, given that our dead gay forums have been doing it for so many years. Surely someone on the internet has some open source code that he could at least look at for inspiration to write code for his own game to properly been someone.

This is like, actively choosing to be bad.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

RabbitWizard posted:

edit: No, I'm not proud of myself.

you lie, that was loving amazing :D

...what *did* you do to get banned, incidentally?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Kluliss posted:

...what *did* you do to get banned, incidentally?

As far as I remember, I asked Grumpy about some stuff that happened over the years. Maybe I didn't use the most kindest words? Something like that ;)
But he definitely wasn't happy with my arguments, if I made any.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I cannot loving believe mordaq is still a thing

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Honestly I can't believe anyone still voluntarily gives money to that shitshow but that's just me :D I hopped on for a bit yesterday and it's incredible that the chat is *exactly* the same as it was over a year ago, full of mordaq knocking things off tables etc.

I am horrified that he would call publically anyone a braindead piece of garbage though, makes me regret ever giving him any money at all. He's a proper oval office.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

Kluliss posted:

the chat is *exactly* the same as it was over a year ago

Yes, general chat :wtc:

So I've been away 3 years and came back 4 months ago. There are QoL improvements (no beta version; guild storage and gardens are accessible from anywhere on each island) and our guild is in such a different mode today. Gone are the days where we asked for buffs to reduce our timer (pro tip: drink pumpkin ales) and no longer do we coordinate large projects (murder spree Mondays for our meat mountain hides really)

As for what to work on, consensus is do what you want. There are a lot of opportunities to rack up xp. Did mining and smithing for a while, finished the first two islands, and recently moved to cooking

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Figured I'd give this one a go. If nothing else maybe I can make some pubbies mad by just existing.

FeeshBot has been created!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
:bird:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
At this rate, in just under 22 weeks we'll be the #1 guild and the game will implode with fuming

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:bravo:

So that I'm not emptyposting, what's the 22/251 mean? I assume active/total members?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Do they still accuse the guild of being a single person running a bunch of bots?

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
I sometimes got a lot of time at work and not much to do, so might as well jump in and see if I can chop a couple trees or something. I am Greader in game as well

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

GZ on 2nd place!!!

FreshFeesh posted:

At this rate, in just under 22 weeks we'll be the #1 guild and the game will implode with fuming

The time is now

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

lawwll Grumpy gave me 10snail bux to change my name because it was apparently too offensive for worldchat so now I am Mr. Pickles ingame too

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope
Started playing as Blackcat12951

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
signed up as Zetsubou

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

bump to let y'all know that the few persisent goons who still play this every day (I am not one of them) will soon manage to go #1 guild in the whole game

get in there and be a part of it

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah I've just been making cheese for the past 3 months and not really pushing hard at anything and we're still going up so I don't really know what that says about anything.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pickles posted:

bump to let y'all know that the few persisent goons who still play this every day (I am not one of them) will soon manage to go #1 guild in the whole game

Oh God, what have I been doing with my life?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

It's happening!? Let's gooooo

Will absolutely log in this weekend and do whatever a defunct mostly newbie account can do to help. Doesn't matter what you need me to do, point me at things and I'll jump in it

I'm so proud of you wild bastards, praise the cone

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
edit: nvm

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

there;s this other guild of goddamn pubbie bastards comming up with twice the speed we are but we'll get #1 for sure, at least for a few weeks/months before they can catch up

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Figured I could help the drive to No1 by just hanging out and doing a bunch of mining and poo poo, in as Madtrixr.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll make the numbers go up to get ya'll to #1 but after that it's all on you

Username: CathyOvDaCowz

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I was told by a salad made of taters to post my username here. It's the same as my SA name because I am an unimaginative hack. Invite me to help numbers go up. I will continue to fish.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Sent invites, say something in guild chat once you accept and I'll get to permissions

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

I still don't completely know what this is, but I'm in as Salt Meat.

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!
I'm in as catpants

I am here to watch numbers go up, and pubbies go down.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

sithael posted:

I'm in as catpants

I am here to watch numbers go up, and pubbies go down.
I sent you a guild invite :eyepop:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
We really screwed up the math last time, but we are now within a day or two of surging into the lead!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Crescent Wrench posted:

We really screwed up the math last time, but we are now within a day or two of surging into the lead!

Did I gently caress up that copy paste leader board google sheet what 2, 3 years ago? Are you guys still using it? I can't believe this journey is almost over. Praise be the the mighty cone in the sky : bird :

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.
Sure. Let's do this. I'm in as Deepspacebeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Please promise me you guys'll crosspost any good tidbits from world chat. And also throw a party as you cross the line. Wanna see those dance moves in World.