Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

MooCowlian posted:

Doublepost with a question, do timers just go down naturally as you level? I'm reading the mining manual page and it looks like a pick can get you -8 and other gear can get you -7. A lot of that can't be equipped until you're really deep in anyway. Mana regen doesn't seem to be anywhere near high enough to keep buffs up.

People are talking about 20s timers and here I am with 50 seconds on everything, wondering how you're supposed to get there.

It's a mix of spells (level Magic every chance you get, it's slow, grindy and tremendously important), consumables and Blue gear. Seriously, when you load in, the first thing you should do is open your Map, head to Aeon Bay, grab the Hooded Figure quest, and start using Summon White Rune until you run out of mana.

By the time you finish the quest, you should be able to self-buff yourself for reductions in Woodcutting and Mining (-2 sec timer per application base, and the effect stacks). You can use them either as mana burners or to improve your skill timers while levelling! It's just important to spend your mana as often as possible, because it's the hardest gated thing out there to a new player.

Niton fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

At level 5 magic you can equip a thing that doubles your mana regen, it is literally The Most Important Thing.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

At level 5 magic you can equip a thing that doubles your mana regen, it is literally The Most Important Thing.

i thought it was level 10, but that's to make the spellbook, not to equip it...

whoopsie

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This looks like a good distraction for when I'm at work

I'll take a guild invite, in game name Magres

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Magres posted:

This looks like a good distraction for when I'm at work

I'll take a guild invite, in game name Magres

Oh hey, it's Magres. Didn't you used to play Age of Wushu? Also, you're invited

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah i played that awful amazing game

invite accepted, thanks! i cant chat in gchat yet though :rip:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Magres your avatar :(

:rip:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nah I like the new one, it's one of my favorite emotes and someone bought it for me and sent me a message saying "hey you're a great poster and should have a nicer avatar than a dumb redtext cause you're a cool person." It was really nice of them!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Something that's come up a bit in Guild Chat is people saying "But how does this low-level busywork that I, as a newbie, am doing actually help the Guild out?" People want to feel like they're contributing, after all. So here, by Skill, are the most common low-level actions for each skill and how they help The Greater Goon Good.

Alchemy: Crushing Blue and Red Powder, available at Level 1, is critical. Each is used in potions - potions you'll be able to start brewing yourself at higher levels - that enhance the success and effectiveness of other skills. By crushing powders you are making our miners better, and our woodcutters better, and our cooks better, and our hikers better. You make everyone better.

Carpentry: at level 1 you're making Cherry Handles, which are required to create more iron tools - you know, the poo poo we use to do all the low-level actions? - and whittling parchment, which is used in alchemy and spellbook-making. Literally every other skill in the game depends on you being able to do these things.

Combat: not only is it the closest thing to engaging realtime gameplay that Amaranthine has to offer, Combat at the lowest levels - killing bunnies and owls - gets us animal hides that the tailors need and raw meat that the cooks need. Some of the game's most critical mid-game items depend on you having gotten us a supply of these things - critically, spellbooks require animal hides. So do the Bota Bags that water our gardens. You supply the materials we need to keep fed and strong.

Cooking: at level 1 basically all you can do is cook fish. Guess what? Cooked fish are essentially healing potions. They keep our combatants alive when they're in trouble. Down the road you'll be crafting meals that will make every skill in the game go faster and more successfully, but even at level one you keep our fighting men and women alive.

Fishing: What'd I just say about fish? You keep our fighting men and women alive. To say nothing of all the cool stuff you can fish up at higher levels!

Gathering: Holy poo poo Gathering. Down the road you'll be able to help gather from our Extensions, giving us control over what we grow and how much of it we have, which is absolutely critical. But even at level one, you're gathering mushrooms. You make our Alchemists more able to help every single profession in the game including yours.

Magic: ...okay, magic at level 1 sucks. Magic just plain sucks. Magic is slow and is limited by your mana. But if you work at it, Magic will make every single other skill in the game better by giving you the ability to cast buff spells on yourself - and, at higher levels, on others.

Mining: At level 1 you're mining Iron Ore/ We cannot make iron tools without iron ore. Almost every other skill in the game is useless without you providing the materials we need to make tools.

Smithing: You make Iron Ingots. Iron Ingots are used to make Iron Tools. At the risk of repeating myself, almost every other skill in the game depends on you making the tools required to actually use those skills.

Speed: Yes, even hiking around helps the guild! How? Hiking lets you find various produce and plants in the forest, which are critical, because we can't plant extensions without having the stuff we want to plant. Plus hiking is a great source of personal XP which is added to our Guild XP which gets us on the leaderboards so we can point and laugh at other guilds. You supply the materials we need to run our gardens and make awesome food, which helps literally every other skill in the game.

Tailoring: ...okay, at level 1 all you can make is Twine and leather hats, and Twine sucks. I'll give you that. But if you work at it, you'll be making bota bags and clothing items and things we need. No italics for this one; twine sucks. Sorry, tailors. But keep at it anyways, because the rest of the game can't exist without you.

Woodcutting: Holy poo poo woodcutting. Even bringing a handful of logs to Guild Storage and dumping them in is an enormous help, because drat near every production skill needs logs or something derived from logs. Cooks need logs. Carpenters need a fuckload of logs. Smiths need logs. Alchemists need parchment, which is made from logs. Houses need logs. Everything loving needs logs.

A lot of the discussion in Guild Chat tends to focus on longer-term goals. "We want more blue clothes," for instance. And at low levels, there's precisely dick you can do to help us get blue clothes, really. But don't let that discourage you. Everything you do helps. When the higher-level players tell you "Just gently caress around for your first week or so and find the skills you want to specialize in," it's not said because no one wants to give you direction; it's because there is virtually nothing you can do that will not provide immediate and concrete assistance to the Guild. Everything you do helps all of us. Find your niche and we'll help you find a long-term goal, but don't ever think that all you're doing in the meantime is busywork. It's not. You really do help.

Grab some iron gear - don't feel bad about taking it, that's what it's in the storage for - and go out and Do poo poo, secure in the knowledge that you genuinely are contributing. Yes, even as a brand-new level one character, you are contributing.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Good summary but disagree on one point:

quote:

And at low levels, there's precisely dick you can do to help us get blue clothes, really.

Hiking gets you flax, which is used (at higher tailoring levels) to make linen, which is used to make clothes. And making those leather armors to get up to level 6 tailoring can help indirectly since selling leather to the NPCs is one of the few ways to get new copper into the game, furthering our attempts to crash the economy.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also a portion of the XP you earn goes towards XP for the guild. The reason I keep talking about our guild xp?

Because some (okay probably just one or two) of these long-running guilds are elitist as gently caress and smug as gently caress and I and everyone else are chomping at the bit to reach 3.1 million guild exp (we're at 2.087 now) so that we can put ourselves at the bottom of the leaderboard because right now no one in-game knows how many of us there are or what level our guild is. The top guilds in the game make anywhere from 0 (if inactive) to 100k guild exp per day. Half the top-100 guilds don't have any active members. The biggest guild in the game bragged just this morning about having the most active members.

We make 60-100k xp/day and that number is only going to go up as our newbie players unlock higher-exp actions and more people join. We might even make more than that now. The 100k guild exp per day that the top guilds are doing? That's something like 1-10 high-level players. We don't have anyone who compares to that (sorry Xerol).

When that guy was smugly talking about how his 27 people represented the biggest guild in the game, we had 30 people online during North America work hours.

If you joined the guild and spent your entire time making GBS threads up the chat and only took things from storage and only did your own thing and never contributed to guild projects, you would still be contributing to our progress in this game and you would still be helping us harvest nerd tears.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 1, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'm in as Archie. I've been banging around guild-less for a while because I'm a goony loner who doesn't want to share or specialize. Now that I've learned that I can help the fight against smug pubbies just by existing, I'm willing to join up.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Horking Delight posted:

If you joined the guild and spent your entire time making GBS threads up the chat and only took things from storage and only did your own thing and never contributed to guild projects, you would still be contributing to our progress in this game and you would still be helping us harvest nerd tears.
Thanks for the idea, gonna switch to that. Projects are hard.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Signed up as ReindeerFlotilla, reading docs now.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Horking Delight posted:

Also a portion of the XP you earn goes towards XP for the guild. The reason I keep talking about our guild xp?

Because some (okay probably just one or two) of these long-running guilds are elitist as gently caress and smug as gently caress and I and everyone else are chomping at the bit to reach 3.1 million guild exp (we're at 2.087 now) so that we can put ourselves at the bottom of the leaderboard because right now no one in-game knows how many of us there are or what level our guild is. The top guilds in the game make anywhere from 0 (if inactive) to 100k guild exp per day. Half the top-100 guilds don't have any active members. The biggest guild in the game bragged just this morning about having the most active members.

We make 60-100k xp/day and that number is only going to go up as our newbie players unlock higher-exp actions and more people join. We might even make more than that now. The 100k guild exp per day that the top guilds are doing? That's something like 1-10 high-level players. We don't have anyone who compares to that (sorry Xerol).

When that guy was smugly talking about how his 27 people represented the biggest guild in the game, we had 30 people online during North America work hours.

Uncle Goon wants YOU to help poo poo on smug pubbies

also lol at the idea of anyone being smug about this game

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Invites sent to Archie and ReindeerFlotilla. I didn't even know I had invite permissions, this is great.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Magres posted:

also lol at the idea of anyone being smug about this game

and yet,

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Invites sent to Archie and ReindeerFlotilla. I didn't even know I had invite permissions, this is great.

Invite accepted, but I don't have rights to get a set of blue clothes in AB and am not yet level 2 to ask in guild chat about it. Should I not get them yet?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

Invite accepted, but I don't have rights to get a set of blue clothes in AB and am not yet level 2 to ask in guild chat about it. Should I not get them yet?

Gotcha added.

For anyone else having this problem, just hike in the forest in DF until you hit character level 2. It should take less than 15 minutes.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
In as rebelEpik. I feel like I'm just going to waste away days chopping trees. Can I get an invite?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Roflex posted:

Gotcha added.

For anyone else having this problem, just hike in the forest in DF until you hit character level 2. It should take less than 15 minutes.

DF = Disenchanted Forest

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Captain Melo posted:

In as rebelEpik. I feel like I'm just going to waste away days chopping trees. Can I get an invite?

Taken care of.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
I know we've talked about it before and you guys want to wait until we have enough newbie gear but if we make a thread in Games we'll blow up and skyrocket, i can feel it. :toot:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I already regret not taking a screenshot of that loving guy from Legacy smugly talking about his guild.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah there's honestly no better goon recruitment tool than oblivious, smug pubbies

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
For the crafters it concerns:

Until further notice, i'll be leaving any Magnetite and Coal that I mine in Izanna Port's warehouse, to save the trip to AB and back. The smelting is done on the isle, anyways.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Combat just got an update(Phase 1) and right now in combat YOU CAN NOT DIE. good time to stick your feet in the waters if you want to test. You just need to make sure you have the combat UI turned on.

The combat server is getting a huge upgrade. Below is a brief description of what's new, a few gotchas and what will be coming later.

New Features:

- Feature parity with the original combat server
- Real time updates
- Faster botchecks in a modal (as opposed to in-line)
- A new stat UI
- All armor and weapons can now be used in their full capacity until classes are re-implemented in Phase 2.
- If you do not have a weapon equipped, you will still deal a small amount of damage.

Gotchas:

- If another player casts a spell on you while you are fighting, it will not update your effects until you restart your battle. A workaround is to just restart your battle when a player casts on you.
- Since combat is real time now, timing is more accurate than in the old server. This means that it may be a little bit easier to die to things you once could easily AFK.

Missing Features (which will be released in phases 2 & 3):

- No Death!: There is no death yet, so there is no risk of dying while testing! Your deaths will also NOT be recorded in the case of an accidental death.
- Classes / Abilities: These will be implemented in Phase 2

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If you're brand new and thinking about signing up:

We want to make a newbie guide with more screenshots but there's a rule about MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS and we're already causing enough STRIFE in the community right now, so if you do sign up, I'd like some screenshots that we can write a guide around:

1. First page when you register and log in.
2. Whatever the quest info is for the first quest (I think it's called getting started, it might be in the first location you spawn at?)

The others we can do with non-newbie accounts, I guess, but if you want to follow the guide and take a ton of screenshots, that would be great too.

The "Your First Hour" guide is basically:

1. Get the Getting Started quest
2. Go to Aeon Bay
3. Get the Hooded Figure quest
4. Spend all your mana in Aeon Bay at the Temple of Light, summoning white runes.
5. Go back to DF and chop trees (Cherry, obviously) or Hike in the Woods while you read the longer guide or the thread. Check back every half hour or so to click the botcheck (don't button mash!).
6. When your mana maxes out, repeat step 4.

You should hit level 2 pretty quickly from hiking in the woods, which gives you access to chat, because apparently you can't even talk in guild chat until you're level 2, and then you can poo poo up guild chat all you want while deciding what you'd actually like to do. The main goal is "don't sit at max mana" and "do something that gets you useful exp (woodcutting because we always need logs, and speed because it has a good xp:time ratio and makes you travel faster, also mushrooms are nice) while you figure out how the game works."

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 2, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Your First Week In Amaranthine

So there's been some talk of putting together a simple "Your First Week" guide. For many players, your first week really ought to be "do the poo poo Horking Delight talked about, then gently caress around and try a bunch of things for a week until you find yourself a niche that appeals to you." However, some players need more concrete goals, more substantial directions. And that's okay! So I whipped up a few different Simple Plans, each focused around a different Amar "career path," for you to choose from.

Before I start, some general advice: Some people have expressed hesitance when it comes to swiping iron tools and gear from guild storage in order to get started out. As it was explained to me using an EVE reference, "Iron gear is basically Rifters. It's cheap for us and good for you. Go take a Rifter and rat trees."

Also, you're going to want to check out the Manual Page for Skills; the manual for Amaranthine is actually hella useful. Reading through the Manual pages for your chosen skill(s) is really handy, as it will give you a sense of your progression.

WoodGoons
Get hatchets, chop trees. Chop lots and lots of trees. Chop cherry trees until you hit Woodcutting 6, which will allow you to chop pine trees; pine drops 1-3 logs per action as opposed to the 1-2 logs other varieties of trees drop. At this point you have a choice - you can specialize in Woodcutting, knowing that you have the simplest gameplay progression of all time - chop trees, bring logs to guild storage, wash, rinse, repeat. The first buff spell available to you, at Magic 2, is Wild Growth, which allows you to reduce your woodcutting timer, so your Magic is immediately useful right from the beginning. Also everyone will love you because they can use their crafting skills without having to take breaks to chop their own wood. Also, people leveling Magic can cast a woodcutting buff on others before they can cast any other buffs on others - which means people will be happy to buff you if you ask in chat, because everyone wants Magic XP and helping you level faster is a great way to earn it.

Alternately, you can decide to become a Carpenter. I'm a Carpenter, Carpentry is awesome. Grab some chisels from guild storage. Take some of your fresh-chopped logs - the variety does not matter - and go to Cadenberge and turn them into parchment. Do this until you hit Carpentry 5, at which point you should switch to wooden bowls. If you feel guilty about the number of iron tools you've been grabbing and breaking, you can carve up a few cherry handles as well, though those specifically require cherry logs. You'll be focusing on lower-level things for a while, with occasional detours into handles and fishing rods as guild supply demands; your long-term goal is to reach Carpentry 20, at which point Oak Barrels become a thing.

MetalGoons
Get pickaxes, mine ore. Mine lots and lots of ore. If you're looking to main Mining, your progression is going to be simple - you get new things to mine every so often, go mine them. Your buff spell comes at Magic 4. Be warned - when you progress to mining Stone Blocks at Mining 5, the blocks re heavy as hell and will fill your carrying capacity rapidly, which will make your timer go up. Drop them off regularly. Demand for blocks isn't huge, so it may be better to stick mostly with mining out iron ore until Mining 10.

If you want to become a Smith once you've gotten sick of digging up ore, cool! Make ingots. Once you have ingots, make iron tools. Newbies need iron tools! Your goal is to hit Smithing 13, which will allow you to make all of the iron tools and all of the iron Combat equipment. Also at Smithing 9 you can make bottles out of sandstone, and bottles are in nigh-constant demand.

FarmGoons
To farm in Extensions, the skill you want to level is Gathering. Extensions are critical to our ongoing food supply. So you want to Look For Mushrooms until you hit Gathering 3, at which point you should move to the Pasture and start collecting Eggs. Once you're at Gathering 5, you can grab some empty Bota Bags and start filling them with water; Filled Bota Bags are used to stock orchard Extensions, so they're pretty big. It's hard to structure a definitive "this is the path you should follow" guideline for Gathering, because literally everything you can do, even at low levels, is useful to someone! Long-term you want to main Gathering until Gathering 15, at which point you can harvest in every extension type in the first island, as well as find mushrooms, find eggs, collect honey, and milk cows.

FightGoons
Talk to HoboLoafers. Say "Hey Hobo I want to kill things, what should I do?" Do what HoboLoafers tells you. I haven't done combat so I'm not going to comment directly on it but he's our combat guru. One thing that I've seen come up again and again in chat is that you really should not feel bad about grabbing armor and weapons from guild storage. Seriously, they got made and put there specifically for you to pick up and use! Also, pay attention to the next bit -

FashionGoons
Many of our combatants tend to st least take a look at Tailoring, because combat is how we get the hides that our tailors use. You don't have to be a murderer to be a tailor, but, as the saying goes, it sure helps! Make Leather Armor - caps at first with more recipes opening up as you go - at first until you hit Tailoring 6. Once you are at Tailoring 6, learn to love the Bota Bag. We always need Bota Bags. ALWAYS. Make all the Bota Bags. Also, don't make Twine. Twine is terrible.

ChefGoons
Being a Cook should, IMHO, be a secondary skill rather than something you main, but that's as things stand currently; it may well turn out that we need a full-time cook down the line as our food needs increase.

Anyways, if you wanna be a Cook, here's what you do. Grab some bass from the stores, or fish some up yourself. Cook bass until you hit Cooking 3. Actually cook bass for a while, as bass is usually in demand, but whatever. Once you're at Cooking 3 you can make Flour by crushing nuts. This is a pain in the rear end, as I can attest from having just been doing it for some time. 10 nuts can be crushed into 1 flour. When you grab nuts, grab acorns, pine nuts, and chestnuts; leave the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds alone unless and until someone says "Wow, we have way too many sunflower seeds" or whatever. Do that until Cooking 8 (unless you want to cook Sunfish and Halfmoons at Cooking 6, but that means more Fishing; that's okay if you want to do it! Alternate route!), at which point you can cook Raw Meat.

We have a giant mountain of raw meat for you to cook. Your limiting factor is going to be logs, so this might not be a bad time to get some woodcutting in; let's not strain our woodcutters too much, right? Cook as much as you want. You want a Challenge (tm)? Make that challenge "cook all the Raw Meat in the storage." Because holy poo poo there is a lot of it. Anyways, if you're not up for that challenge, once you're at Cooking 10 you can Prepare Pine Cones, which involves turning pine cones into pine nuts. It is slow and tedious and absolutely necessary to keep us in flour. Feel free to grab pine cones in batches of 1000 or more, as we have a ton of those, too. Pine Cones are the Rite of Passage, so to speak; once you've crushed cones, you'll be ready to cook Real Food.

ChemistGoons
Alchemy advice is going to wait until I can talk to someone who actually does Alchemy. Sorry!

E: I am told "Crush mushrooms until Alchemy 4, then make every potion that isn't Healing Potions. Healing Potions are rear end, never bother making them. Once you get to Alchemy 10 you can start crushing salt, which is the Guild's primary moneymaker at the moment." Yay teamwork!

WizardGoons
Okay, that's kind of a joke; you can't really main Magic, as it's limited by MP. So this is general advice for any and all Goons. Time spent at Max MP is time wasted. Always be spending mana, either by casting or by summoning runes. Is this super-important? Well, not really. But the thing is, Magic is the only skill in the game where you can't set yourself up to do it for hours on end; if you want to level woodcutting, you can grab a stack of axes and just go chopping, only checking back in every half an hour to pass the botcheck. If you want to level Magic, you can only do as much as your mana pool allows, and that poo poo regenerates slow (1 point per 5 minutes; once you hit Magic 5 you can equip spellbooks and get it up to 2 points per 5 minutes, which still sucks). Do the Hooded Stranger Quest in Aeon Bay, because even though it's a pain in the rear end and you'll hate it, the rewards are Good (tm).

All of the above is subject to revision as I hear from more people who can point out all the ways I doubtless hosed it up, but hopefully it'll be a good starting point for new players who are looking to find some more direction.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 2, 2016

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
To not discuss this in the chat again, specializing in one skill won't work to well with Carpentry, Smithing, Tailoring, Alchemy and Cooking.

I started Alchemy on Thursday after thinking for a while about it. I am 23 in gathering and 19 in mining. This means i can get sandstone for bottles/vials and get most of the other stuff by myself. I still took a shitload out of the guild storage to be able to make things. I don't think it would be fun for someone to do those low XP tasks all day just so i can be THE POTIONMAKER.

If i want to do alchemy, i have to supply a lot of stuff myself. And that goes for everything that needs resources. I'd even dare to say every skill i mentioned at the top is a secondary one!

scolbert
Jan 12, 2012
In as skup.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Nice guide, but I do have a couple minor nitpicks/additions:

1) Cooked fish is actually pretty useless, it only really gets used at the lowest levels of combat (unless there's someone sitting there cramming fish down to take on snakes 5 levels ahead of schedule). But it does have the advantage of being relatively "free" to cook (still costs logs, but what doesn't).
2) Gathering 15 lets you pick citrus, which our cookgoons can (eventually) turn into Citrus Coolers, which are the food that reduces gathering time. So once you hit 15 you can pop over to the 2nd island (ask in guild chat if you need a canoe, don't waste copper on the ferry) and grab a bunch of supply of lemons, limes, and oranges, and then ask a friendly local chef to chop them up into delicious timer-reducing beverages.
3) Tailoring, like cooking, is very much a secondary skill. Our current murdergroup (which I think is up to 4-5 goons at this point) is only supplying a bit more than one tailor can use, and at this point I think we need to be able to hit the higher tailoring levels more than we need a bunch of bota-makers.
4) For Alchemy, you should crush mushrooms up to 5 and then crush ginseng up to 6, which is where woodland potions become available (which use mushrooms and ginseng).
5) While I think most of the low level tasks are good ideas in general, the guild's needs fluctuate based on who's around and doing what at any given moment, so don't take all these as hard-and-fast requirements - For example, we might need more pine handles on a given day, or a certain tool, and even if you're a few levels short of being able to do whatever it is we need, you can usually prepare for that by doing something else and getting up to that level quickly (for example if we need iron hammers, you can smelt ingots up to Smithing 6 pretty quickly).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

At what point do White Runes stop being the most efficient magic experience per mana?

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
Come join us and have the most entertaining chats in World Chat with pubbies galore

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It's the most XP/mana for a long time, but it's not very efficient for time/XP. 5 mana in 20 seconds (casting a buff) gets you 20XP, while summoning runes takes travel time and takes 5*(your timer, maybe 20, usually more) for 25 XP. Once you have a spellbook at level 5, you should gain mana quickly enough that going back to AB to summon runes all the time isn't worth your time, especially once you have the runes summoned to finish your quest.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

At what point do White Runes stop being the most efficient magic experience per mana?
Level 15.

Looking at the manual page (skills->magic), you can start casting black runes at level 15. They give 12 xp for 2 mana (so 6 per mana). This is better than the 5 xp per mana for white runes.

The manual for this game is the best I've seen for a game like this (or for most any game).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What does an item with a purple name mean?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

What does an item with a purple name mean?

That is a superior item which is like an epic drop kind of in a traditional MMO. Superior stats, lower break rate

Superior Items

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

FarmGoons:

What is our extension setup like right now? Do we need more veggies/herbs/orchards or are we having trouble rotating what we have at least once daily?

Particularly pointing at our primary FarmGoons (if you are rising up the ranks let me know so I can add you to the list) of Ignoranus, Baka, RWSA, and Marben.

Also, if you are looking to be a FarmGoon let us know. I think I'm going to make a Google Sheet with all of the extensions and who they are shared with so we can *sort* of track who can access what. I think right now we'll need some new orchards to replace what Princess Butterfly is loaning to us but I'm not sure. If build anything new do we want it to be in Aeon Bay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

For me personally (Baka), the currently shared setup in AB is just about right. Hobo's huge garden + assorted other goonshares manage to offer enough room to constantly work towards Project Cooking over the day. Afer building a few orchards myself, the balance between the fields looks pretty good also.
They're also mostly untilled when I start out in the morning, but me being from Europe could very well mean that US prime time needs more space. :shrug:

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 3, 2016