Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Roflex posted:

You get that message if the player lacks faith in the cone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Those drat goons! They're in our Top100! We have to figure out how to stop them!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wow. Who shat in his cheerios? :stare:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

We apparently frightened the pubbies when we actually hit the leader board.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Virigoth posted:

Those drat goons! They're in our Top100! We have to figure out how to stop them!

so I guess removing the stick from up his bum will take a much higher level carpenter than he is?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Kluliss posted:

so I guess removing the stick from up his bum will take a much higher level carpenter than he is?

Is that a... challenge I see? :getin:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Is that a... challenge I see? :getin:

Doo eeeet

Oh, at some point can we have a spice gimmick? Just because it's fun trolling with fake religions and at least that would have some source material for us to poke through?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Just signed up! Name is DarkSol

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lol. I don't think we even did anything and the populace is turning against us. We have guilds declaring sides and people muting the whole guild

:toot:

Edit: Invite out DarkSol

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Virigoth posted:

Edit: Invite out DarkSol

Dumb rear end me loving accidentally deleted the invite. Can you resend it? :sigh:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

23:37:08 Cowboy *ATF* : Grumpy, this Cone issue,,,can you check ip's?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

FYI as long as we don't get crazy:

23:37:17 To Grumpy : I thought Cowboy was joking at first but I think he seriously thinks we're a cult. Not trying to make your life hard
23:38:34 From Grumpy : it's possible no worries, I personally find some of the cone / cult-like antics kinda funny, as long as it doesn't go overboard
23:39:08 To Grumpy : yeah, we try to pull people back when they start getting a little crazy or poking the world chat a bit much
23:39:18 From Grumpy : much appreciated

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Cowboy is the one that owes us a favor for me giving him back his 10 million copper. Don't hesitate to remind him.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The guy who helped him was in lljk, not cone :P

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

nelson posted:

The guy who helped him was in lljk, not cone :P

I've got screenshots!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

You gave him back ten million copper? Whaaaaat? Did he die and drop really nice stuff or something, ahahaha.

I just think it's super hilarious how paranoid he is about us being alts of each other and trying to merge with his guild. He's super angry about that for some inexplicable reason, considering no one actually wants to do that.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

You gave him back ten million copper? Whaaaaat? Did he die and drop really nice stuff or something, ahahaha.

He screwed up the 'buy' and 'buy amount' when setting up one of his shops and was buying Easter coins at 1 million each. I sold him 10, then bought then back when he messaged me. I asked the guild first and they said we were better off not pissing people off at that point.

edit:

synthetik fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 13, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

You were entirely correct in returning the copper to him. Not on the grounds that you did anything wrong; You didn't. No, more on the grounds that it both makes us look good, AND gives us something to hold over his head later. While I fully understand, support, and respect pissing off pubbies, this stage in the game, when we're a fledgling guild that's getting its footing in the game and establishing ourselves, is not the stage to be causing people to hate us *on purpose*. What we're doing right now is testing the waters, seeing how far we can push things without getting in trouble, and establishing boundaries. The people that are already aligning against us simply for spreading the Word of the Cone are the ones we need to keep a watch on, as those people will provide the most fun later, when we really start to control things and have fun.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Yeah, I'd have given him his poo poo back too in that situation, that's fair enough and nowhere near as "you should have known better" as dying with nice stuff in inventory. But loving lol, I am totally in favor of giving him poo poo in chat for "turning on us after we did him a favor", now that he's actually done so, hahaha.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

Yeah, I'd have given him his poo poo back too in that situation, that's fair enough and nowhere near as "you should have known better" as dying with nice stuff in inventory. But loving lol, I am totally in favor of giving him poo poo in chat for "turning on us after we did him a favor", now that he's actually done so, hahaha.

It's the long game! Especially when we are looking at years to get to the top of the boards.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

oh

Ruggan fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 13, 2016

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
In as Kantaris. Something to alt tab to inibetween things at work.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

there are at least two lovely people in other guilds...I was doing very minor rp of The Cone, and after several rounds of silliness, messaged these two to say thank you for being nice people...

ocall
Dec 29, 2009
In as ocall

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ocall posted:

In as ocall

Invite out. Praise be.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Might be going work at home some days soon, so I 'll have more time to alt tab and click twice. Very exciting news.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cowboy ATF got a little homophobic and pubbies turned on him tonight. It was pretty great.

full history

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 14, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Brought this up in Guild Chat, but I think we should leverage a bunch of our capital into buying up all of the cheap pairs of Festive Boots on the market. It'd cost about 65k copper to buy up all 31 pairs, but it would ensure a long term supply of one of the most important pieces of newbie gear there is.

I'd be willing to put a decent chunk into it, if we get enough interest.

Niton fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 14, 2016

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
In as futurecasual

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

oh could i get an invite into the guild? im slouch in game just like on something awful. i have no idea how to progress in this game but my computer can't run black desert online and i want to farm and chop down trees all day

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
You're both invited, check your guild windows. :)

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
thanks already pooping up guild chat and summoning runes?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Madbro is hilarious, and I'm hoping he doesn't learn from his mute and multiple warnings.

Posted for posterity: http://pastebin.com/jR5nTBqp

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 14, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

First thing new goons should do is go to settings > ignore list and add One of One. This goes for old goons also.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Virigoth posted:

First thing new goons should do is go to settings > ignore list and add One of One. This goes for old goons also.

Background to this:

He's kind of an rear end in a top hat in a bad way. Condescending, only posts to rile up those around him that he doesn't like. Not good trolling material. He reminds me of one of those rich assholes in the old 1950s Bugs Bunny cartoons that turns his nose up and whatever he doesn't like and has The Help remove it from his site. He very obviously doesn't listen to us, so no point in trying with him.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Niton posted:

Brought this up in Guild Chat, but I think we should leverage a bunch of our capital into buying up all of the cheap pairs of Festive Boots on the market. It'd cost about 65k copper to buy up all 31 pairs, but it would ensure a long term supply of one of the most important pieces of newbie gear there is.

I'd be willing to put a decent chunk into it, if we get enough interest.

We really have a lot of stuff.
Someone with a lot of knowledge about the game, market and item usage should go through that list and sell some stuff we don't really need that much. (Yes Xerol, you, who else?)

Edit: As we have this discussion again in the chat, IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Don't scam other people.
Don't infiltrate other guilds.
If a discussion heats up, let the mods deal with it.
This is a nice game for nice people. If you are "in public", be nice. Especially to Cowboy. Give him a buff if you see him!

In general, be nice. There may be no rules about how nice you have to be, but if you aren't in the eyes of Grumpy or the mods you will get banned and the guild will get a bad worse rap. We don't have to do any scam-spy-stuff at all to "win" and get people mad at us.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 14, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

The only real pvp is chat pvp, and the way to win chat pvp is to gently let the pubbies in world tear each other apart.

(Market pvp's not the worst, but pubbies in general have so much more stuff than us and so much more highlevel access than us that all we can do is flood markets. Which, admittedly, we have been doing.)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

we're 1/4th the player base. They only thing pubbies have on us is time. They can only have so much stockpiled. With their levels they can gather faster and produce faster per person sure, but it's only a matter of time before we will out preform them.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

we're 1/4th the player base. They only thing pubbies have on us is time. They can only have so much stockpiled. With their levels they can gather faster and produce faster per person sure, but it's only a matter of time before we will out preform them.

We've been outperforming them every single day since we made top 100 and almost surely every day before that. You can go to the guild highscores page and see that we're gaining more EXP per day than any other guild on the chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

neogeo0823 posted:

We've been outperforming them every single day since we made top 100 and almost surely every day before that. You can go to the guild highscores page and see that we're gaining more EXP per day than any other guild on the chart.

I said out produce, as in final products not XP. We don't have people high enough level to make half the stuff yet.