Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

isnt cowboy the guy who was holding a weird grudge over someone for cursing his guild chat like 2 weeks ago & then flipped out about it yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

just joined - name is Mesmerized

looking forward to chopping trees while waiting for trees to be chopped in BDO

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones
In as Nav.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

isnt cowboy the guy who was holding a weird grudge over someone for cursing his guild chat like 2 weeks ago & then flipped out about it yesterday

Yes, that freak out was about the same time as the one about homosexuals.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Looking for an invite as Ungus Fungus.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Unguided posted:

Looking for an invite as Ungus Fungus.

sent!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The fungus is among us.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Joined as Novanex

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nova88 posted:

Joined as Novanex

And sent.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This game sounds kind of incredible. Am I correct in understanding that I could just turn this on before I go to work and let it go all day?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

GlitchThief posted:

This game sounds kind of incredible. Am I correct in understanding that I could just turn this on before I go to work and let it go all day?
No. Every thirty minutes the game will make you pass a CAPTCHA to prove you're not completely automating the game.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ArchWizard posted:

No. Every thirty minutes the game will make you pass a CAPTCHA to prove you're not completely automating the game.

Shoot. Well I probably check my phone more often than that, so maybe I can still pull this off. It's a shame the site is blocked at work.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
In as Royce Zouks.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
What should I be doing as a noob other than chopping down trees and magic

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Usenet Magic-User posted:

What should I be doing as a noob other than chopping down trees and magic

Some things we're looking for right now in the guild are Gatherers and Cooks:

Gathering
Cooking

These are actually complimentary skills where you use your stuff you have gathered to cook meals. We have a pretty good sized pool of gathering extensions we can add people to if they want to use extensions to level which are the best XP. You can also do some more traditional to this game idle tasks like gathering citrus, gathering eggs, gathering mushrooms, etc which is a bit less micro-management work than the extensions. The good news is because our extensions are getting higher level they are becoming less micro.

I <think> we also might need another alchemist but darkwing can comment on that.

Alchemy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

As a follow-up to my above post I think we might want to make a GoogleDoc with full edit rights and let people enter in their first/second/third skills they are focusing on? That way we can see where we need to point new players towards and get a balance.

Also, Xerol said this earlier and it holds true now, please try to focus on a single skill and support it with one of the gathering skills. IE main carpentry and do woodcutting second. If you focus on skills 6 months to a year can make a big difference on how productive the guild is because of it.

Here is Xerol who did JOAT (Jack of all Trades) which is good and he really helped us get off the ground as a guild with his wide skillset.
Xerol

Here is Nouu who joined within 2 days of Xerol but decided to focus.
Nouu

We're such a large guild now we need focused levelers so we can get into some of the higher tier items quicker. This WILL present problems where we are out of resources so you will need to be self sufficient but someone is usually available to help you. We have some people who just gatherer who like to have tasks to supply people with huge orders so don't be afraid to ask for it and work together. We're quickly becoming persona non grata among the longstanding players and I'm not sure how much longer we can get high level items from them.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Virigoth posted:

I <think> we also might need another alchemist but darkwing can comment on that. Alchemy
We have plenty of alchemists. What we need are speedsters and gatherers to get herbs.

quote:

We're such a large guild now we need focused levelers so we can get into some of the higher tier items quicker. This WILL present problems where we are out of resources so you will need to be self sufficient but someone is usually available to help you.
Self sufficiency is the slow path. Woodcutting, mining, gathering, fishing, speed, and combat. If we had more people focusing on those, it would be easier to have other people focusing on the production skills.

nelson fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 16, 2016

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

nelson posted:

We have plenty of alchemists. What we need are speedsters and gatherers to get herbs.
Self sufficiency is the slow path. Woodcutting, mining, gathering, fishing, speed, and combat. If we had more people focusing on those, it would be easier to have other people focusing on the production skills.

I'm only 23 in speed but was having fun with that (and gave out a few snail staffs) I'd like to switch back over to that personally.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

synthetik posted:

I'm only 23 in speed but was having fun with that (and gave out a few snail staffs) I'd like to switch back over to that personally.

Excellent! High level speed is also good for getting ash which helps with dyes!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

On the off chance I won't be able to sneak some playtime in during work hours, am I going to be unable to progress/contribute in any meaningful way? Are any of you only playing during your actual freetime?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Every hour you spend doing a lower-level action for the guild is an hour a higher-level person can spend doing something else, so it's all valuable no matter what level you are or how often you contribute.

Also like 70% of the fun in this game is riling up pubbies anyways.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
In as enemyviolent

Need something to poke at while watching poo poo.

katagi
Dec 26, 2005

I breed Pokeymans and give their babies to strangers!

GlitchThief posted:

On the off chance I won't be able to sneak some playtime in during work hours, am I going to be unable to progress/contribute in any meaningful way? Are any of you only playing during your actual freetime?

I only play during freetime (and sometimes rather inattentively at that), but I'm definitely contributing tons (of citrus) to the guild, so it's definitely doable

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

El Generico posted:

In as enemyviolent

Need something to poke at while watching poo poo.

sent

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nelson posted:

I didn't say what we needed to focus on, I agree we need more producers of raw materials and probably less people trying to be crafters.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Virigoth posted:

I didn't say what we needed to focus on, I agree we need more producers of raw materials and probably less people trying to be crafters.

I actually like being a resource gatherer so am happy to do that when I'm on if there are others to use the things I stick into guild. I've been doing quite a lot of gathering this week and will continue to do that until I'm a more useful level - if there's anything specific people need gathered, let me know.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
So World chat got a little snippy today.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Everyone in Mewtwo seems pretty cool. We should be nice to them in the coming apocalypse.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Loving World Chat already.

In as GlitchThief, trying out some fishing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

GlitchThief and enemyviolent invites are out, check your Guild tab. We're CONE

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I like mewtwo and dhara, and Joker's been cool and played along with our gimmicks pretty well too.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

It appears Sir Charlers Buconeski has gone sour on us and has started ignoring us One of One style after his joining of *ATF*. He is now spouting the approved rhetoric of asking for full guild ignores, asking us to stop harassing him, and in general acting like one of the popular kids.

:rip: Charles Buconeski

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Virigoth posted:

It appears Sir Charlers Buconeski has gone sour on us and has started ignoring us One of One style after his joining of *ATF*. He is now spouting the approved rhetoric of asking for full guild ignores, asking us to stop harassing him, and in general acting like one of the popular kids.

:rip: Charles Buconeski

I was part of the mass ignore. Never forget :negative:

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Checking this thing out as ottumon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Vasler posted:

I was part of the mass ignore. Never forget :negative:

I sent him a message along the lines of "I liked you, when did you become such a jerk" to which his reply was to past the PM into world ignore me and tell me to stop messaging him it's harassment. Okay there buddy, I was trying to be guild diplo but whatever overreact to a bunch of nothing. I think some of the old guard are just scared because they were the biggest guild or they made the most XP/day and we shattered everything they stood for with a massive wave of newbies.

I love it when people drag their crazy out into public view.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Attention fellow lumberjacks--Woodcutting has been completely overhauled, changing the levels required to chop the logs and adjusting the XP given.

The asterisk indicates chestnut will likely be retired in a future update.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does Oak supplant Pine as the go-to for cutting once we hit 12 now or should we still hit pine even with the nerf?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Personally, I think any decisions like that are going to have to wait until the Carpentry overhaul happens. As it is, there's a pretty decent lag time between Pine and Oak Carpentry recipes. Chestnut was never all that useful (a Fishing Rod and that's it, for Chestnut Log specific recipes), so it might not change as much as some (me) hope. Looking at the Woodcutting Man page, you're getting 1 - 2 logs with Oak at 17 xp compared to 1 - 3 at 13; so do you want logs or xp?

tl; dr: If you feel like it, go to oak.

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
Signed up as thejanitor, an invite would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I'm loving the ongoing saga of Buconeski's heel turn in here.

Honestly, I AM a little bummed out because he was playing along and having fun with us before but now he's getting really aggressive and showy (and consequently boring).