Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
In as synthetik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Roflex posted:

no point to this other than to make a number go up.

New thread title.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

We did it!

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Cowboy is the one that owes us a favor for me giving him back his 10 million copper. Don't hesitate to remind him.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

nelson posted:

The guy who helped him was in lljk, not cone :P

I've got screenshots!

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

You gave him back ten million copper? Whaaaaat? Did he die and drop really nice stuff or something, ahahaha.

He screwed up the 'buy' and 'buy amount' when setting up one of his shops and was buying Easter coins at 1 million each. I sold him 10, then bought then back when he messaged me. I asked the guild first and they said we were better off not pissing people off at that point.

edit:

synthetik fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 13, 2016

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

Yeah, I'd have given him his poo poo back too in that situation, that's fair enough and nowhere near as "you should have known better" as dying with nice stuff in inventory. But loving lol, I am totally in favor of giving him poo poo in chat for "turning on us after we did him a favor", now that he's actually done so, hahaha.

It's the long game! Especially when we are looking at years to get to the top of the boards.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

nelson posted:

We have plenty of alchemists. What we need are speedsters and gatherers to get herbs.
Self sufficiency is the slow path. Woodcutting, mining, gathering, fishing, speed, and combat. If we had more people focusing on those, it would be easier to have other people focusing on the production skills.

I'm only 23 in speed but was having fun with that (and gave out a few snail staffs) I'd like to switch back over to that personally.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

What level alch do we need to get to? I'm 20k from 35 speed, but don't mind changing over. Just let me know what you want me to do!

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Since you are already on a 30+ skill it makes sense for you to stick on Speed and specializing if Speed doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out. You are within a reasonable distance of 45 and being able to get Ash and other good mats at Volcano for us.

Yeah, speed is cool. I'm pretending I'm the flash in training. Also, I kept hiking in the jungle instead of skating, the drops here seem to be more useful.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Overwined posted:

In as PunkInDrublic. I took the fishing quest first and now I can't seem to get any free hatchets.

Check the guild bank!

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Magres posted:

Pixaal you're the best

:bird:

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I get the impression that Grumpy is a bit older, and is kinda learning things as he's coding the game. I feel like the existing population is less tech savvy than the average goon, so he's probably a little uncomfortable with some of the things we do.

He did allow the in-browser timer, so he's not completely anti-addons.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Mr.PayDay posted:

when I level Speed (currently lvl 10), should I wear armor? Or do I have to protect me in a certain way?
Because the manuals says
"Quite possibly the most dangerous skill in the game, speed has it all. Walk to your heart's content, avoid getting eaten by terrifying monsters and stay clear of the molten lava."

So can I get hosed by RNG and eaten by a giant Toad or sth like that?

Oh and we will catch ATF soon
64 All In The Family (*ATF*) 24 19 77 7,833,986 +10,940
65 Bird Squad (:bird:) 125 80 77 7,820,369 +56,722
:dance:

Speed is not dangerous. That's just flavor text.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

So don't call exploits bugs.

Also, Your Wickedness is legit insane.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I'm sure I'm part idiot, but gently caress the negativity in this game. Whenever any has an idea, no matter how well thought out, the immediate response from the playerbase is not only 'no' but 'no and you are an idiot for suggesting that.'

That's one of the biggest reasons I like passing these peoples guilds on the high score list and why I'm funneling everything I do back into the guild.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

The only reason I keep world chat on is to gently caress with CB. And darrens. And Cowboy. And YourWickedness.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

oldskool posted:

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

oldskool, I was proud to be part of meatgate with you.

"gently caress you"

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I just started playing again after a year break. Gotta use all those bonuses that stacked up.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm completely done. I dropped all my stuff off in the bank and gave fvicoden all my snail bucks and copper.

Does anyone have the link for the vara thread? Or should I just jump in the discord?

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

All of the -timer gear changed. For example, you have to have a full six slots of blue gear for a -6 timer, instead of each piece having its own stats. The one update literally invalidated ever gearset I have, and it’ll be “a couple of weeks” before replacements are available. Who knows what the mats will be? I’m not going to spend any more time in a game where literal years of work can be discarded by a single update.

I’ll change the password on my account if someone wants to run with it. Speed is 95 or something than everything else has a fair amount of progress.

Cone is like half the player base of the game at this point and it’s like this update was directed at us. Grumpy was laughing along with the rest of the other guilds when we were raising points in chat. I was seriously considering doing a chargeback on the unused snail bucks I had on my account, but I’m not going to be that petty.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

pixaal posted:

Grumpy said straight up that cone never would be this high without abusing gear and we are progressing way faster than intended and we should be thankful he let us abuse this for so long.

Doesn't make a lot of sense since other guilds had the same access to gear for the past seven years, but I'll take it as a win that we broke the game to a point that the head developer had to literally patch us out of existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

pixaal posted:

Clothing has only been in the game for 3 years apparently.

Ok, then I'm wrong. I'm still done, it's still a major game change directed squarely at us.