Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Don't worry the pubbies flip out like once a week. There'll be another opportunity soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I just want to know who this pubbie was so we can add them to the flipped their poo poo Goon Victory list.

It was Maverick (or something else that starts with an M) in ATF.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Virigoth posted:

Rainbow Snail event started for the next week! Make sure you are doing quick timer actions and not combat(bad drop rate) so you can get mass snails and buy some cool stuff hopefully.

Nice. Let's hope Cowboy tries to pull a Loz and refuses to participate (and then shows a complete inability to shut up about it.)

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I honestly don't know what's real anymore. :psyduck:

All these loving pubbies need therapy and half of them should probably be on a watchlist somewhere.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 18, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

The base timer on Northern Salad is low enough that I can get to 20 sec without buffs so I can make them all day every day pretty easily. I'm cooking up the ones we have now. According to the recipe book (holy poo poo I did not know how to use this until just recently), we're shortest on Larch Leaves, then Mountain Sorrels.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

oldskool posted:

yeah if nothing else, fish to try for purple snails with +random%, they give nice cooking/alchemy XP

They turn in to +mana regen consumables (the meat into escargot and the shells into potions of clarity) too, which is pretty sweet for everyone who can self-buff.

In other news, Altoscholto gave us 24 sets worth of snails (120 total) that I think he got from Charles. Seems like he's trying to butter us up so he can come visit our guild later on. We are finally the prettiest princesses at the ball. Even Cowboy's apologized for being mean to us and wants to be friends now (l o loving l).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Solvency posted:

When did this happen?

A little while ago, did the whole "congrats on cone working their way up the ranks", "I might have said some stuff but it wasn't meant to be an insult" non-apology, etc. He's not trying to butter us up like Alto or wants friends but is confused about it like Charles.

I don't really understand what his angle is but Charlette got kicked from ATF for taking copper from the guild shop and now she and blyth are starting a new guild or something, idk. Apparently brinewave in Slumber is super confused at how we haven't have our guild split apart yet because he thinks there's no way 50+ people can play together without a guild-destroying leadership squabble (in return, of course, we've been not-so-subtly bragging in chat about how we're all space communists and everyone has full access to the guild bank).

Maybe Cowboy thinks if he plays his cards right he can propose a merger and get a leadership position or something else that's comically stupid?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Don't forget that you can eat snake jerky or smoked salmon to get more and better drops in combat (400% random drops and 100% double drops are the limits). We have loads of both right now, so go nuts.

Also I forgot to mention all of it but your starting gear (stuff every newbie takes) should look like this:

Festive hat
Easter pendant
Blue shirt
Blue mittens
Blue skirt
Festive boots

Tools
Food

Festive gear's from a while ago so we have to buy from pubbies for more, so if we're out, bother someone to buy more I guess. Easter pendants drop gold eggs that can be traded for buffs (or more pendants) so if we're out, tell someone to trade for more. Blue clothes make you go faster (red, for some reason, increases random drop rate instead) and we should have tons/we can craft more if needed.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:eng101: actually, we just bought 7 pairs of hats and shoes for 220k total, so if you want one, now's the time.

But yeah we've demolished the market supply and from now on should stick to buying them from private trades instead of driving up the public price.

Hopefully either the Christmas event will have more festives, or grumpy will introduce more gear that's comparable to it.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 30, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Goons are why we can't have nice things.

:negative:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Wait I went out drinking with my friends and I missed a meltdown???

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Oh wait are you talking about when I asked Gomez if he was dating Lady IRL too or only e-dating her?

Because that was pretty funny actually and I'm glad I didn't miss it. B)

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

neogeo0823 posted:

Why is he visiting?

No idea but he's been really nice about it so far and seems eager to help (in exchange for access to our shitposts in guild forums and random IT/programming guild chatter i guess).

The sad reality is that we are probably the funnest guild to be in.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If anyone has access to my (Meowth) extensions and wants to turn them into herbs used by the mana project, feel free.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Fun fact: cider still doesn't work. :(

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

He'll be back after a while to start the cycle anew.

Also:

quote:

07:02:10 DELGRAD M.A.D. : No offence was taken on my part. I do not want to mix BUSINESS with pleasure. My businees is religion on youtube,. Mixing that with here could cause so big ptroblems as I do not holed conventionalviewws.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:toot:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

pixaal posted:

Please share, I missed that

Oh man, I don't even know where to begin with that guy.

He's very proud of his scientific videos about science and social engineering (PUPPETMASTER) which he puts on Youtube. We are the before in his before and after.

He's also a religion professional, because religion is his job (I thought he was super Christian at first but he might be an internet atheist instead, who knows.) I think he means this in the "I am a full-time youtube personality" sense.

HE IS DEFINITELY NOT AN ALCOHOLIC AND WHO REMEMBERS STUFF FROM GRADE SCHOOL ANYWAYS?

He's not quite Charles "Humanity is Evil and Should Be Genocided" Bukowski, mordaq "I Am Literally a Cat" the cutest kitty, or Gomez "puts hands over your eyes and puts a rose without thorns in your mouth and leads you to a table with candles and dinner" Addams, but he's... Definitely in that wheelhouse.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It's not bad if you take a screenshot, since everything's color-coded. It's the copypasting that's almost impossible to read.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Isn't that the one where uh, Alto said something like:

He had to leave to help his friend set up a new guild

Because the guild leader and everyone else was idle/inactive for a while

so sleepingbeauty whoever, the guild leader's ex-girlfriend, convinced their friend to vote her as guild leader

She promptly took control of/looted the guild

When his friend, the former guild leader, came back, she refused to give it back

So he and his friend quit that guild to start their own (and Alto was helping them get set up)

Oh poo poo right, and uh, it was Gotham before and the guild leader was ???? Maybe Joker? Was that right?

I might be conflating multiple stories in my head and I frankly have no idea what's true anymore.

It's really funny that it's easy to name change yourself and your user id doesn't seem to stick around much/be revealed (though searching for wildcard on the users page reveals users in the order they registered in, if you really wanted to).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I didn't realize we'd changed names and was really confused at who else was trolling pubs when I read that guy's post.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

They don't actually put us on ignore, aside from a few people, and even if they did, we'd still show up if they viewed the chat history (lol).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Roflex posted:

It is, and he publically admitted he has no logging whatsoever (back when the js chat injection was running rampant).

He's so far off from what actually happened, too, thinks it has something to do with the database and negative numbers.

Is it safe to assume he still has no logging?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Poultron posted:

It seems like one of the more useful things I can do. Any tips on getting that leveled up? I'm trying to work on Fishing/Gathering right now so I can supply a lot of stuff for myself, but I'd like to know the best things to cook or whatever.

lol at this nerd who thinks our problem is "make sure everyone contributes raw materials" and not "can we even build enough storages to hold this stupid pile of meat"

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:bird:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

We should throw another stupid forum chat game party in celebration of being top ten the next time he's online.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Leaderboard points is one of the reasons I want us to do a newbie drive. If we pick up some fresh blood, especially now that our stockpiles are more mature, we can speed up our progression.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I Love Topanga posted:

Possible lame exploit.

If I have zero mana, drink a bottle of lightning, then start to clear an extension, I magically have 3 mana. I can then go back to town and start making white runes immediately.

Are you sure that extra mana isn't coming from the every-five-minute ticks?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ratzap posted:

And a bunch of goons standing round it tossing in firecrackers and bags of cat poop...

Still, it was all good fun right and only one ban.

The ban was pretty deserved too, tbh (lol I got goatse'd while at work, but thankfully no one saw).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It’s pretty petty. But that just means instead of giving each newbie a set of sup blues, we should work harder to ensure they have an unlimited supply of timer food and candles.

Winning an unfair fight rigged against us is even better than winning a fair one.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

lol we should totally rush combat until he nerfs combat, that would be hilarious.

Anyways, he changed the magic timer again so now it’s +1 duration per additional magic level you are over the base level, which seems pretty decent again.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Soooo

Also if you just joined the guild and experience a suspicious quiet-ness in guild-chat, you can double-check that you have guild chat enabled by going to Settings -> Chat, and making sure the "Guild" option is enabled. It should be on by default, but who knows.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Solvency posted:

Goonunisum always seems to work out well for us, in a wide range of games. I rarely, if ever, see people take advantage of it too.

Why people feel the need to "own" things in this game is a little silly. Like, what is the point of playing then?

For goons, the tie between players is much stronger than the tie between the player and the game itself, especially when the game in question isn't particularly good and most of the fun comes from chatting with other goons and making fun of pubbies. If you get kicked for goonfucking, you'll probably end up quitting the game altogether because the alternatives are "play this bad game solo" and "play this bad game with even more terrible pubbies". This also incentivizes our high-level players to prioritize "what does the guild need" over "what makes the most xp/hr", ensuring that even the fattest goons can eat their fill and still have mountains of food left over.

If you consider guild productivity as "actions per day that contribute to guild-owned stuff", our players can get more actions/hr than the average (because timer foods for everyone) and tend to contribute more of them as a percent (because goons :effort: at the idea of owning things but pubbies hate sharing), AND we have far more players than the other guilds, so our assets climb a lot faster than that of other guilds. Stuff that would be a serious multi-month undertaking for solo players or smaller guilds would be considered a casual side project for us.

My favorite part of having pubbie pets is definitely when we just hand over storage access and go "yeah no one cares, help yourself" and we all get to see their minds blow when they realize just how much stuff we have. And then they tell us stories about how lovely and not helpful the other guilds are.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also, it costs 1 USD to change your name, so every change from “mordaq” to “mordaq the cutest kitty” or “mordaq the fattest kitty” is a dollar.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I spent some time careposting at Grumpy about how world is a cesspool and people quit over how bad it is and how we’ve complained multiple times and been ignored (which he’s confused about and doesn’t remember).

SO

If you have screenshots or chat logs or whatever about “we complained about a pubbie being a gross shithead and nothing happened”, please post them here or a link to them so I can send it to him and be like “yeah so this poo poo’s what we’re talking about”.

Also he doesn’t think world chat is homophobic, which is loving comical, so screenshots of that would be cool too.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ratzap posted:

Not so fast there son. The next step will be the fight over what constitutes a slur. As we saw yesterday, what we might be unhappy about doesn't even register on mod radar.

I’ve been careposting at Grumpy about poo poo and at least with the dude who got muted for (jokingly, but still) calling someone a pillow biter, Grumpy told me that this time when someone in egoose called for mod intervention, he googled the term to see what’s up (he thought Pancake was trolling before, because he’s dumb idk).

Also, I think he got his feelings hurt a little but still understood my point when he asked for examples and I dropped a bunch of screenshots on him from the beginning of the thread, pointed out that his community is full of unrepentant bigots, and then used Kamaki (we love you and miss you, Kamaki) as an example of “here is a good player who left because the mods suck and the player base is worse” and said that it was basically a result of his bad moderation.

So he’s trying a little harder on that front now. Try to be patient with him and try to explain things in small words, with examples, if something he does (or doesn’t do) seems unfair. Expect moderation to be stricter in the future.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Thor is Sal, we suspect.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Well, in NoobishPro's defense, he's not a racist American, he's a racist Netherlander so he doesn't actually have any context for America, really.

World chat is loving garbage and I don't regret at all having mostly quit too (though I do want us to reach #2 guild rankings).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Starting Gear Set for Newbies
Everything should be in the "Gear" storage in Aeon Bay (in Cadenberge Territory)

RD = Random Drop
DD = Double Drop
Superior: the item name is pink

Head: Headless Horseman's Hat (-5 min timer, -100% RD), Dazzling Festive Hat (+100% RD)
Neck: Scarecrow's Scarf (+1 to all item sets)
Torso: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Shirt*
Hands: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Gloves*
Legs: Superior Blue/Yellow/Red Sea Silk Pants*
Feet: Dazzling Festive Boots (+10% DD)
Left Hand: the relevant tool for the skill you're training; you can only equip the weakest tools to start with
Right Hand: Superior Basic Spellbook (+1 mana regen, requires level 5 magic**)
Left Bracelet: Gingerbread Bracelet
Right Bracelet: Nothing (you can't equip anything in this slot yet :( )
Amulet: Gingerbread Pendant (+15 max mana, really useful early on)
Ring: Gingerbread Ring (-2 timer)
Accessory: Superior Abounding Horn of Plenty (-4 timer, some DD)

*: Craftable Clothing
For general use, if you have the scarecrow's scarf, wearing 1 of each superior sea silk primary color will give you -6 timer, +90% RD, +18% DD, and +18% success. That's good enough if you're lazy and don't care.

A superior piece of clothing is worth +2 to the item set, which gives you a total of +3 if you have the scarf equipped.

For advanced use, if you want to fully maximize one stat, you will want the superior primary T3 (Sea Silk, 18%) + the normal mixed-color T3 (Sea Silk, 9%) + the superior primary T2 (Qivuit, 12%). That'll give you a total of +39% (or 195% RD) of your desired stat.

Blue = RD
Yellow = DD
Red = Success

Orange = Success
Green = DD
Purple = RD

**: MAGIC
Train your magic. Follow the magic guide in the OP. It is very important to get to 5 magic so you can equip the spellbook, which doubles your mana regen.

Starting Food for Newbies:
you will run out of carrying capacity before you manage to noticeably dent the guild's stockpile of food

There's lots of different foods that have similar effects but if you're not sure what to get, here's some sample foods for each category. You can also search by effect name in the top-right "Looking for something?" Search box and it will bring up a list of which foods have which effects and how much we have of each.

For mana, I think you won't get the regen if you're at max mana but still have the effect going, so don't eat too many at once.

Timer: cherry pie, pumpkin ale
RD: crab legs (50%), steamed shellfish (50%), lucky valentine card (200%),
DD: crab stuffed sturgeons, lobster tails, rose-scented candle
Success: glazed salmon, iris-scented candle, stuffed peppers
Mana: bottle of lightning (1/action), raw sea urchin (5/action), frog legs (5/action)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also, it's been a looong time since I last looked at the lovely cesspool that is world chat, at the time, we were the only post-scarcity fully automated luxury gay space communism guild. I doubt pubbies have gotten any better at sharing, so you can probably rile them up just by "accidentally" asking in world chat if someone can mail you a full superior sea silk set or acting like you in some other way don't understand about resource scarcity.

Even the dev for some dumbass reason didn't believe we just throw all our poo poo into a shared storage and forget about it except for the once-in-a-while reminders that the food's supposed to be eaten, not just hoarded.