Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Playing as bmoonSA and chopping trees. Can I get an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

Virigoth posted:

I'm going to resurrect MurderSpree Monday tomorrow for animal hides from combat in the Disenchanted Forest. We don't have a very big combat crew(nor do we really need it with how tailoring works) like the miners/woodcutters that are constantly supplying so we're in a bit of a shortage and it's time to call up the reserves! Help us gather some animal hides to restock and let some of our tailors get some levels (I know BigMoose has been self grinding like I have and it's a pain in the rear end)! :commissar:
code:
22:41:41 bmoonSA : Oh! We have an impromptu combat project posted on SA. Is there a beginner's guide to combat?
22:42:32 Ozzy : Combat guide: Put on armour, equip weaons, press battle... wait
22:42:49 Ozzy : Use the beta of course and eat smoked salmon
22:42:55 bmoonSA : Ranger or Warrior?
22:43:05 Ozzy : BETA, Beeeeeee TAAAAAA
22:43:36 bmoonSA : Oh, beta doesn't have that option. Thanks Haha
22:43:38 Ozzy : Go to settings, scroll down, enable beta
22:43:50 bmoonSA : Got it!
edit: Start eating smoked salmon when you can one-hit with only a dagger.

bmoon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 18, 2016

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.1

Save your own copy and play around with the numbers

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers
  • Added level chart and updated cell W6 in the skill tabs (no more entering exp!)
  • Highlighted a few actions to denote skill progression for optimal exp

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Column E is missing the base timer. You have gathering 37 so the base timer would be 65.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

My salt rock timer is 20 and xp per action is 24. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean I'll get an action every 21 seconds, for 171 ish actions an hour and 4.1k xp per hour? I assume I've cocked up using the spreadsheet somewhere?

Also, gently caress this game's xp curve literally no-one needs any more salt, why is it by far the best thing to mine?

Without buffs salt is the best activity for mining. Get buffs for minimum timer and move up to the next activity (See columns L and M).

Amar goons XP v0.6.2

0.6.2 - 2016-08-25
  • Added a few gathering timers
  • Modified formulas in columns I, K, M, and O in each skill tab. Original formula: =IF(G2="",0,(C2/(G2+1)*3600*(H2/100+(1-H2/100)/2))). Thanks MooCowlian

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

That's what I said?

The issue was that the spreadsheet was reporting a little over half the XP I ought to get given I was getting 24 xp every 21 seconds. I wanted to know if I was using the spreadsheets wrong or if the calculation was busted.

The calculation was busted and is fixed in v0.6.2

Also

quote:

16:52:20 Baka added 484 Potatoes to Seaside Storage.
16:53:13 Senso removed 400 Basil Leaves from Alchemy/Gathering.
17:01:23 Xerol : woo taters
17:07:57 fvicodin : What's taters, precious?
17:08:18 * fvicodin impersonates Gollum *
17:08:47 oldskool : it's a vegeble
17:09:49 CoffeeAmin : Gollum was actually the first house elf, whose master made him immortal. So if Sam or Frodo had just given him like a sock or something that whole business would have been solved.
17:10:01 LuckyGuy : it's an edible battery
17:12:18 bmoonSA : Damnit hitler, https://www.youtube.com
17:13:47 CoffeeAmin : What, you didn't know that Middle Earth is non-fiction?
17:14:32 CoffeeAmin : Wait, no. Potter is actually a sequel to it.
17:17:43 DivineCoffeeBinge : Actually Tolkien was a wizard. His Middle-Earth books were elaborate propaganda designed to keep the Muggles from asking questions about the world's true magical history.
17:18:31 DivineCoffeeBinge : Wizards are behind every conspiracy theory on earth, you know. CRUCIATUS CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS
17:18:52 CoffeeAmin : So is Potter a way for the Magical world to announce that they exist to the Muggle world?
17:19:16 CoffeeAmin : (yes, it is)
17:20:02 DivineCoffeeBinge : Rowling is a renegade wizard who tried to rip aside the veil of secrecy and was punished for it, that's why no one reads her later books because the talent got magicked out of her
17:22:34 bmoonSA : This is bad
17:22:51 bmoonSA : I mean it could turn out to something religious
17:22:54 CoffeeAmin : I thought it was that she wrote the first of the sequel series as a loving play or musical or some dumb poo poo
17:22:57 bmoonSA : Think of it like this: The Torah is the first one, and the New Testament is the sequel. Then the Qu’ran comes out, and it acts like the last one never happened.
17:23:07 bmoonSA : There’s still Jesus, but he’s not the main character anymore, and the messiah hasn’t shown up yet.
17:23:12 bmoonSA : Jews like the first movie, but ignored the sequels.
17:23:17 bmoonSA : Christians think you need to watch the first two, but the third one doesn’t count.
17:23:21 bmoonSA : Muslims think the third one was the best.
17:23:25 bmoonSA : Mormons liked the second one so much they started writing fanfiction that doesn’t fit with ANY of the series canon.
17:23:35 bmoonSA : You lot are the Mormons
17:23:37 DivineCoffeeBinge : Yeah but in the Qu'ran Jesus has way more awesome adventures
17:23:59 DivineCoffeeBinge : Like when Timothy Zahn wrote those Star Wars novels
17:24:03 CoffeeAmin : Well the Quran is more of a rewrite of both the Torah and New Testament
17:24:54 DivineCoffeeBinge : Dude made birds out of clay and breathed life into them
17:25:03 DivineCoffeeBinge : Which is kinda like introducing Mara Jade
17:26:45 CoffeeAmin : But is this as bad as completely rewriting the plot to Dark Forces? And renaming it Rogue One?
17:27:05 CoffeeAmin : Not that I really care, because RO looks loving amazing so far
17:27:59 DivineCoffeeBinge : No see that's what the Mormons do, by ignoring the Qu'ran's Expanded Universe and going off to write their own 'official' canon
17:28:58 DivineCoffeeBinge : In this metaphor the Jews are the people who say Return of the Jedi sucked because of all the stupid Muppets and that everyone should stop watching after Empire
17:29:13 CoffeeAmin : No, the Quran is the off in the toolies canon. At least the LDS acknowledges a bunch of the NT stuff, even if they ignore most of it.
17:29:19 DivineCoffeeBinge : Or maybe the people who won't buy the DVDs because they care whether Han shot first, it's a flexible metaphor
17:29:55 CoffeeAmin : The DVD thing is funny because the special features disc had the theatrical cut.
17:33:37 CoffeeAmin : It's really too bad that more Hindu mythology hasn't made it to anywhere near Western Mainstream. They have some crazy poo poo going on.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.3

0.6.3 - 2016-08-26
  • Revised all skill tabs

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.4

0.6.4 - 2016-08-29
  • Added carpentry activities
  • Added tailoring activities
  • Added cooking activities
  • Added links to a few smithing activities
  • Added a few gathering timers
  • Updated leaderboard tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

Kluliss posted:

the chat is *exactly* the same as it was over a year ago

Yes, general chat :wtc:

So I've been away 3 years and came back 4 months ago. There are QoL improvements (no beta version; guild storage and gardens are accessible from anywhere on each island) and our guild is in such a different mode today. Gone are the days where we asked for buffs to reduce our timer (pro tip: drink pumpkin ales) and no longer do we coordinate large projects (murder spree Mondays for our meat mountain hides really)

As for what to work on, consensus is do what you want. There are a lot of opportunities to rack up xp. Did mining and smithing for a while, finished the first two islands, and recently moved to cooking