Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jeans posted:

In as Jeans, would love an invite

Invited, press butan for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bigass jncos posted:

Just jumped in, and hoping to get an invite to the guild. Username is wormtomb.

Invited, press butan.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm making a boatload of Pie Crusts as a sanity break from Bass fishing and Rune summoning.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ratzap posted:

Cherries seem to be the bottleneck more than the rest. 5 per pie and I think they come from extensions?

We're sitting on roughly 20k cherries, the bottleneck is Pie Crusts.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Even if everyone had full sets of superior Blues, that only goes so far against timers. Then there's spells which requires mana (don't get me started about lovely loving Magic and terrible terrible loving Mana) and people being around that can cast it or you being far enough along in Magic that you can cast the requisite skill. Or you can use Cherry Pies that work anywhere and for any task.

pixaal posted:

Nut crushing is always going to be poo poo XP because base timer is 20

Cone crushing is base 20 timer, nut crushing is not.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Please don't use pumpkin seeds for flour

And if you decide to use Sunflower seeds, please leave a molehill of them so someone can decide to plant some at some point.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
We've got our first visitor, Altoscholto, who will be with us for a week or 2 I think. Be nice and maybe watch the language (that's going to be hard for me, too).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

mcclay posted:

In as Mcclay

Pres Butan

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Invite sent, Pres butan.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

That Jerk Steve posted:

I enjoy playing lumberjack as well

In as ThatJerk

Invited, do the thing.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Idle busywork? Sounds exactly like my kind of game!

In as Panic.

I got you bae, invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Only terrible people sell flax

Like, terrible as compared to the average goon

And goons are loving terrible.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lithlicious posted:

This game has a pretty interesting concept, and I'm having fun with it so far. I'm in as Perthro, if someone wants to drop me an invite.

A button you must press, as an invite I have sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virtue posted:

In as virtueSA. Could I get a guild invite?

You can! Press button in game.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Grushdeva posted:

Btw I vouch for Elaret, a non goon, to be invited to the guild

I sent an invite to him. Tell them to press butan, and may the Gods have mercy on your souls.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Basically nothing happened, Gix has just been informed on furries I think .

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virigoth posted:

lol is Gix one of us?

:laffo: Not as far as I know, but they asked for info on the furry scene in the RP request thread.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Oh man, that was just the tip of the iceberg. It got loving weird after that. Sadly I have nothing but memories of it. Horrible horrible memories.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I think roughly half of the player base does that, pubbies included.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

So it looks like we're invested too heavily in gathering food for our fat asses. Not enough high level production factories.

We're [fat] goons and you're wondering why we're more concerned about getting a bunch of food?

I think a problem (I guess?) is that some people look at what tools we have, what materials we have, and then ask "what do we need?" and the answer is usually "uhhh, logs I guess?/Always need logs". And there's not really encouragement for people to train the production skills since we've started getting into the "Gotta get pinks/superiors" mindset, so we want to have the highest skill level players making everything.

As for fishing, fishing loving sucks and is terrible. Grumpy needs to overhaul fishing, or at least give it a good impartial once over and make some improvements. Its unfortunate that a lot of mana food comes out of it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

TengenNewsEditor posted:

In as Yndi. Level 5 cis-woodcutter

Invited. Press a button and all that.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Colt Cannon posted:

I am in as ReodDai

Invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Why do random 1's and 0's when you can find a binary translator online?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

artoke posted:

In as artoke. Gotta love making numbers bigger.

Invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

bring back roygbiv

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Unhappy Meal posted:

Yeah, sure I'll make poor life decisions.

Joined as Ziemniak

Invite sent. There's worse life decisions to make, honestly.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

CubicalSucrose posted:

Holiday event is up:

Grumpy
Decorative Stockings - It's that time of year again! Decorative stockings can now be found throughout the world while doing any action, killing any scary monster or cute cuddly critter. You will be able to find the stockings throughout the holiday season. There will be a followup post specifying when the event will end. Happy Holidays!

Someone else can give better advice about what we should be doing to maximize the benefit here.

Do tasks that are as close to 20/15 timer while running as close to 400%RD as possible, for the duration of the event. Pine Cones are a good low level thing. As always, you can ask in guild for guidance.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

pixaal posted:

BS is another game that is similar. Don't confuse the above for amar, an actually good game.

Let's not go telling lies now, Amar is still a pretty bad game. Though more from the pubbie crowd, than the game itself.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

pixaal posted:

Can we not bot Amar, Grumpy has actual good logs and many people already think goons are a bunch of cheaters. It also means all the XP you get is now in the guild and kind of devalues everything people playing legit have done.

If that's not what that is ignore me.

I think that's for Broken Shield, the thing that oldskool and Meowth have been trying to destroy for the last couple weeks.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Battered Shield (I'm pretty sure its Battered Shield) is a much, much, much worse Amaranthine in what amounts to Alpha that is hopelessly open. Meowth has been working on a method to crash the server with no signature, using java script or something. Oldskool figured out that he could dupe items and he and someone else crashed the server because how big they hit an integer overflow (oldskool and one other person got banned, the entire goon guild was dismantled).

Stay far, far away.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Oh god, he contacted me to see what was up.
:tinfoil:

quote:

21:58:16 From MadSanta : do you know goose Goose?
21:58:41 To MadSanta : Yes
21:59:02 From MadSanta : hes been whispering me some crazy stuff and I need to know if it's true
21:59:12 To MadSanta : As much as anyone can really know anyone else
22:00:00 To MadSanta : I might be able to help
22:00:25 From MadSanta : does your leader really have people sign contracts, force people to stay in guild from legal resons, and do some crazy scary stuff just to keep his guild?
22:02:31 From MadSanta : ?
22:02:35 To MadSanta : No, not to my knowledge. He just helps people out irl sometimes, that's all.
22:03:06 From MadSanta : well you should here the stuff goose Goose is claiming he's done
22:03:12 To MadSanta : But I'm ok financially, so I might not see stuff
22:03:43 From MadSanta : just be weary of any contracts that appear ok
22:04:42 To MadSanta : That's really not a nice thing to say about anybody, even online. What kinds of things was Goose saying?
22:05:04 From MadSanta : should I send you the whisper messages?
22:05:34 From MadSanta : ill send a message with it to you
22:05:49 To MadSanta : sure
22:07:21 MadSanta sent you a message.
22:09:12 To MadSanta : Huh, this is some pretty serious stuff. I'm gonna have to ask Xerol about this.
22:09:28 From MadSanta : uhmm that might be a bad idea
22:09:44 From MadSanta : just sayinf
22:10:32 From MadSanta : i would ask around a bit first then if nothing comes up we can confront Goose
22:11:32 To MadSanta : I just don't see where any of this is coming from. Xerol has been nothing but above board with me. This is some scary stuff, if true.
22:12:16 From MadSanta : yah that's why I wanted to make sure that it wasn't true
22:13:37 From MadSanta : the thang that scared me the most was apparently paying if grumpy
22:14:36 From MadSanta : so I'm on the part of deciding weather to turn him in or not
22:15:27 To MadSanta : Turn him in to who though?
22:16:03 From MadSanta : gms or grumpy
22:16:11 From MadSanta : but that's why I'm deciding
22:16:33 From MadSanta : because if he paid grumps of I will be banned
22:16:37 To MadSanta : If Xerol has bought off Grumpy, then you really don't want to rock the boat
22:16:46 From MadSanta : yah
22:17:06 From MadSanta : would the gems know though. They could confront grumps
22:17:15 From MadSanta : GM's
22:23:28 From MadSanta : im getting someone else's opinion
22:25:49 From MadSanta : hey just messaged me
22:26:04 To MadSanta : uh oh
22:26:08 From MadSanta : he
22:26:18 From MadSanta : i told him I would stop :rolleyes:
22:26:19 To MadSanta : He's been asking about it in Guild too
22:26:44 From MadSanta : all he could do is ignore me :lol:
22:28:00 To MadSanta : Look, we're not really sure what he does for the government, or really which one. He's implied that some of the long term offline people are never coming back, but nothing more than that
22:28:22 From MadSanta : o god
22:28:30 To MadSanta : So I would cool it and forget about it.
22:28:44 From MadSanta : ok

:tinfoil:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Can I get a an invite? crazedkid103 is the user name. No idea if I'll stick around, but this looks a nice change of pace from the various other things I play.

Invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Chunjee posted:

like I said Grumpy has a really terrible, unfun, draconian, and inaccurate definition. imo this is not automation; he can ruin the game all he wants, I don't care.

Somehow he has convinced most of the players that copy-pasting the page is fine however, I don't get it.

If you don't like it, quit. Its amazing that goons (and others on the internet, granted) don't seem to acknowledge that they can just quit a game if they don't like it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Goodchild posted:

I don't have any kind of Idler going at the moment, so my life feels hollow. I signed up as Goodchild, if invites are still flowing.

Invited, please press button under Manage.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Priapus Unbound posted:

In as Priapus. A bit surprised that name wasn't taken!

You've been invited, press butan and join the fun*!

*for variable definitions of fun.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Null1fy posted:

In as FiveFingers.

Invite Sent. Press button for the joy of your life.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Brave Squirrel posted:

Checking this out as Brave Squirrel.

Someone has invited you, so press Bhutan and join the fun.

To the person that invited, :justpost:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Driya posted:

I signed up as Drynn a day or two ago. No idea what I'm doing so far

Invited.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Invite please TaterSaladSA.
also where the F is the guild tab I see a guild button but that's just create a guild

Invite sent! It should be where you looked, but I have no clue with this new UI.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Is this game / group still active?

Yes! Quite active in fact AND there's an event that new folks can take part in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

monkay posted:

Can I get a guild invite?
User: lysaenai

I shall be benevolent and grant this request. Press Button and your wildest dreams can be fulfilled.*

*No guarantees, except that a guild invite is up for you.