Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Woohoo a thread! gently caress pine cones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

MotU posted:

This game is basically "Production Chains in a Browser" and it is great

Oh man I never thought of it that way but it is true.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The goonrush is real. I think we're like 20% of the online playerbase most of the time.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invites out!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Once we finish gathering for Operation Cooking do we have any plans on how we are going to cook this? We probably need to figure out who is where on lvls and the best way to spread XP so we get a good level distribution out of it. I'd like to hit Lvl 27 for Citrus Coolers if we can make it and then kind of take ownership of the citrus cooler supply for our main Gatherers so they don't run out. It fits well with me moving over to primary Snakes for combat and having the Gather Citrus action + I'll make some orchards on Torrid Isle.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

yeah I get that we can see levels but I meant actually dividing up who cooks what to get people to a level to cook certain things by doing this cooking. Do we want to push one person super high cooking or a few people to around lvl 30?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invites should be caught up now.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Roflex posted:

I will spreadsheet it out tonight. First order of business is to cook up the Trout Potato Salads so the rest of the cooking can go at min timer, followed by the Steak Stews so the rest of the logs can get chopped in a timely fashion. So anyone who can get to 18 cooking on their own in the next 2-3 weeks is encouraged to do so.

Guess I'll do more flour and pine cones next weekend! I might also try to get some mats to do some apple crisps on my own to speed it up some.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yeah, if you need to gather leveling you can get mushrooms in disenchanted forest for some easy low level xp. Carpentry and Smithing are both good professions that help the guild so you can definitely focus there!

Make sure if you are a new player to read the Amar forums themselves as they have tons of information on them and we have a guild forum that has some internal guides and stuff on it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

LegalPad posted:

Why not, this seems like a good thing to do while fishing in BDO.

In as Frazzle.

Good news, you can fish in Amar while you fish in BDO.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

So many idling goons, this poor game economy. I think I've got everyone invited that I didn't see on the roster.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

New people: Don't feel pressured to pick a main skill right away. Take a week and gently caress around, take some free equipment, get a feel for the game and what you like to do and then pick something. We'll always have recommendations but just do what makes the game fun for you.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yeah I played with that for awhile but the market isn't very robust. Can you share your code?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Good OP info: NEVER MAKE TWINE EVER

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

I was banned for being afk and just setting an alarm every hour, when I would just mash my finger on the screen till I saw a number. I wasn't reading chat where apparently he asked me if I was a bot (man, people not responding in an idle game).

I had just hit rank 19 woodchopping too. Oh well. Guess I don't get to be a pretty magical lumberjack princess anymore.

The devs and GMs in this game are out to get me.

I shall fight for your honor..but if you lose I'm keeping your snail bux I was trying to sell.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Grumpy has spoken, My appeal for 0x16 was denied. :rip:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I just added another 6 slots worth of extensions in Aeon Bay. Do we want to put up orchards there? I'll probably save my smokehouses for 2nd island for snake jerky.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

For the legends and record books my appeal for 0x16:

Hobo The Benevolent posted:

Hey Grumpy,

Looks like one of our guys got banned who wasn't actually botting (I think Arbitrary Number was botting like an idiot though). 0x16 was being lazy and just hitting the botcheck over and over until it worked when his timer went off. He posted on our forum we all came from letting us know:

I" was banned for being afk and just setting an alarm every hour, when I would just mash my finger on the screen till I saw a number. I wasn't reading chat where apparently he asked me if I was a bot."

I'd like to appeal his ban if possible as he was a rule abiding player who bought some snail bux and recently had to name change and was perfectly sane about it with the GM who asked him to do it.

Let me know or PM me when I'm not afk idling later tonight!

Hobo

Response:

El Grumpy posted:

They were using a bot or a macro to get their botchecks, which is a bannable offense. The ban will stick.

Thanks,
~Grumpy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nelson posted:

I hate to say it, but I'd have to side with Grumpy. "Randomly mashing a space until it works and not noticing a message to me" is a) a lame excuse and b) the noobist of all macros.

Goons gotta stick up for Goons. If 0x16 said he wasn't cheating I'm willing to take his word over the dev.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Roflex posted:

Gotcha added.

For anyone else having this problem, just hike in the forest in DF until you hit character level 2. It should take less than 15 minutes.

DF = Disenchanted Forest

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Combat just got an update(Phase 1) and right now in combat YOU CAN NOT DIE. good time to stick your feet in the waters if you want to test. You just need to make sure you have the combat UI turned on.

The combat server is getting a huge upgrade. Below is a brief description of what's new, a few gotchas and what will be coming later.

New Features:

- Feature parity with the original combat server
- Real time updates
- Faster botchecks in a modal (as opposed to in-line)
- A new stat UI
- All armor and weapons can now be used in their full capacity until classes are re-implemented in Phase 2.
- If you do not have a weapon equipped, you will still deal a small amount of damage.

Gotchas:

- If another player casts a spell on you while you are fighting, it will not update your effects until you restart your battle. A workaround is to just restart your battle when a player casts on you.
- Since combat is real time now, timing is more accurate than in the old server. This means that it may be a little bit easier to die to things you once could easily AFK.

Missing Features (which will be released in phases 2 & 3):

- No Death!: There is no death yet, so there is no risk of dying while testing! Your deaths will also NOT be recorded in the case of an accidental death.
- Classes / Abilities: These will be implemented in Phase 2

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Shortest Path posted:

What does an item with a purple name mean?

That is a superior item which is like an epic drop kind of in a traditional MMO. Superior stats, lower break rate

Superior Items

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

FarmGoons:

What is our extension setup like right now? Do we need more veggies/herbs/orchards or are we having trouble rotating what we have at least once daily?

Particularly pointing at our primary FarmGoons (if you are rising up the ranks let me know so I can add you to the list) of Ignoranus, Baka, RWSA, and Marben.

Also, if you are looking to be a FarmGoon let us know. I think I'm going to make a Google Sheet with all of the extensions and who they are shared with so we can *sort* of track who can access what. I think right now we'll need some new orchards to replace what Princess Butterfly is loaning to us but I'm not sure. If build anything new do we want it to be in Aeon Bay?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Goons:

quote:

14:42:51 Crsytaliac : Also,how do you get different chat colours?
14:43:06 rebelEpik lljk : you dont
14:43:15 Charles Bukoski Haven : manual>chat commands
14:43:20 rebelEpik lljk : everyones chat color is the default white
14:43:41 HoboLoafers lljk : yeah I just see white
14:44:15 Charles Bukoski Haven : yea well we know the guild you should avoid crystal

:goon:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gendail posted:

This looks like a good game to play when I should be working! I am sure my boss won't mind one bit!

In as Ashmet.

Done

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I forgot about the contest but that GIF needs to go in the OP.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Magres posted:

We need iron ingots badly

Please help make iron ingots, I spent like half my day making them today and we're lower than ever

You can post in the idle hands post on the in-game forums for this also Magres. It has a giant list of things we "just need more of" when people don't have a particular projecct.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

In as pisshands

We already have thebutthut, might as well add pisshands

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

AKMoose posted:

I had been rolling solo, but tonight's shenanigans have made me want to aid the good goon cause. Can I get an invite for Moose Moose?

gently caress, I think someone called it in the chat that Moose Moose was a goon kindred spirit.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Is there any reason we shouldn't migrate all of the cooking stuff from Alchemy/Cooking/Gathering into the Cooking storage?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

We're blowing through the steak stew and seafood chili pretty quickly, which was to be expected probably. If someone could pick all our cherry trees today we can do a 540 run (3 hours at 30m timer with trout) of Steak Stew, Seafood Chili, and Cherry Cobbler. That should push me to 30 cooking easily and I can buy some pineapple and do some snake skewers.

Coffee/Gilg if either of you have time today do you want to do some of the cooking on those? Maybe something like this:

CoffeeHitler: 540 Steak Stew
Gilg: 540 Seafood Chili
HoboLoafers: 540 cherry cobblers (with cherry picking if needed)

PancakeMonster is about to hit 18 fishing so our seafood chili clams and mussels should be getting a restock in the next few days.

-- Edit --
Our pineapple pipeline is really poor right now. We might want to put up an 8-9 copper buy order for them in our shop? I suggest we take some of our copper and buy out the 10 and 11 copper pineapple stores also to get some stock. Thoughts?

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 10, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gilg posted:

I've been really slacking on my cooking, so I'm only at 21 and can't make Seafood Chili yet. I'll get there in a while, but if they need to be cooked before then, someone else can cook my share.

Ah poo poo sorry Gilg I thought you were high enough. We def need more steak stews if we have stuff still if you want to cook those. I should have swapped you and Coffee.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Those drat goons! They're in our Top100! We have to figure out how to stop them!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lol. I don't think we even did anything and the populace is turning against us. We have guilds declaring sides and people muting the whole guild

:toot:

Edit: Invite out DarkSol

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

FYI as long as we don't get crazy:

23:37:17 To Grumpy : I thought Cowboy was joking at first but I think he seriously thinks we're a cult. Not trying to make your life hard
23:38:34 From Grumpy : it's possible no worries, I personally find some of the cone / cult-like antics kinda funny, as long as it doesn't go overboard
23:39:08 To Grumpy : yeah, we try to pull people back when they start getting a little crazy or poking the world chat a bit much
23:39:18 From Grumpy : much appreciated

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ocall posted:

In as ocall

Invite out. Praise be.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

First thing new goons should do is go to settings > ignore list and add One of One. This goes for old goons also.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Usenet Magic-User posted:

What should I be doing as a noob other than chopping down trees and magic

Some things we're looking for right now in the guild are Gatherers and Cooks:

Gathering
Cooking

These are actually complimentary skills where you use your stuff you have gathered to cook meals. We have a pretty good sized pool of gathering extensions we can add people to if they want to use extensions to level which are the best XP. You can also do some more traditional to this game idle tasks like gathering citrus, gathering eggs, gathering mushrooms, etc which is a bit less micro-management work than the extensions. The good news is because our extensions are getting higher level they are becoming less micro.

I <think> we also might need another alchemist but darkwing can comment on that.

Alchemy

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

As a follow-up to my above post I think we might want to make a GoogleDoc with full edit rights and let people enter in their first/second/third skills they are focusing on? That way we can see where we need to point new players towards and get a balance.

Also, Xerol said this earlier and it holds true now, please try to focus on a single skill and support it with one of the gathering skills. IE main carpentry and do woodcutting second. If you focus on skills 6 months to a year can make a big difference on how productive the guild is because of it.

Here is Xerol who did JOAT (Jack of all Trades) which is good and he really helped us get off the ground as a guild with his wide skillset.
Xerol

Here is Nouu who joined within 2 days of Xerol but decided to focus.
Nouu

We're such a large guild now we need focused levelers so we can get into some of the higher tier items quicker. This WILL present problems where we are out of resources so you will need to be self sufficient but someone is usually available to help you. We have some people who just gatherer who like to have tasks to supply people with huge orders so don't be afraid to ask for it and work together. We're quickly becoming persona non grata among the longstanding players and I'm not sure how much longer we can get high level items from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nelson posted:

Self sufficiency is the slow path. Woodcutting, mining, gathering, fishing, speed, and combat. If we had more people focusing on those, it would be easier to have other people focusing on the production skills.

I didn't say what we needed to focus on, I agree we need more producers of raw materials and probably less people trying to be crafters.