Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Everyone in Mewtwo seems pretty cool. We should be nice to them in the coming apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

GlitchThief and enemyviolent invites are out, check your Guild tab. We're CONE

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

It appears Sir Charlers Buconeski has gone sour on us and has started ignoring us One of One style after his joining of *ATF*. He is now spouting the approved rhetoric of asking for full guild ignores, asking us to stop harassing him, and in general acting like one of the popular kids.

:rip: Charles Buconeski

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

hey FightGoons, it is murder monday so stop powerleveling and get animal or snake hides por favor

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chunjee posted:

Made this a few weeks back and haven't really posted it because I am still experimenting with some basic DRM idea.

It plays an mp3 when the timer completes.

(APH is actions per hour)

ohhh nice, and my work VM is windows! woo

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Developer me is crying tears of joy at these feature requests.

What are you writing this in Chunjee?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

We should make the flax farm at mines or forge because ab is already a clusterfuck. That is if we want to do that.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Does anyone have a calculation to figure out about how many actions you can get out of an item before it breaks? I know it won't be 100% accurate but I'd like to use the formula on some armor.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chunjee posted:

This is the kind of stuff that gets me killed.

I hope the eventual combat changes make it a little more idle-able.

Put on some of the Elinvar armor I brought over and see if that helps?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Coffeehitler posted:

It really looks like he just pissed off one particular old guard. Other than that, we're going to need to redo the cooking project stuff and that's about it.

Other big stuff is that Trout and Halfmoon/Sunfish have been switched in fishing.

Trout 3, Halfmoon, etc 6 and Shellfish 12. Not sure what the higher ones looked like but those are all pretty big changes. Trout Tim just got weirder.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dear DivineCoffeeBinge,

I'm sorry.

Love,

Hobo.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I think that a repeatable quest would be good but you'd need to be marked with some sort of "newbie" status on your character in the backend so it disappears after like character level 15 or something.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm on public Wifi in an auditorium, sees like a risky click. Did she send nudes?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

So now that we've got a nice userbase going of 70 regularly active people (holy poo poo) we might want to review what we're focusing on and make sure we're covering our bases for our production chains

Things it sounds like we might need:
Dedicated flax grower (14 gathering), linen maker, and shirt, pants, skirt maker for superiors
Salt Crusher- Level 10 alchemy to crush, Level 20 to mine
Cherry Pie Cooker - Crush pine nuts, gather eggs, milk cows, use cherries from FarmGoons <-- This one is probably really important but we'll have to see what food usage is after the Change.

I'm sure I've missed something somewhere but hopefully these are a couple ideas to get a conversation started on some short term, medium term, and maybe even long term tasking we can setup for the Greater Goon and how we move forward making sure we have the supplies we need.

Here is Xerol's original role post that was outdated due to the sheer number of Goons but it can give you an idea of things we might need to focus on:
"Equipment:
-Tools: RoastBeef has been covering this nicely, although having someone dedicated to chopping logs for smelting and carving cherry handles would help with that a bit as well. Carpentry becomes very useful when you hit level 25 and can start making Obsidian tools, which give a lot more timer reduction (at the expense of a higher break rate). And woodcutting will always be useful. One fulltime woodcutter and one splitting time between chopping logs and carving handles would cover this well.
-Armor: This overlaps with tools a bit but takes a lot of metal, so having someone else to gather ores and logs for the smith would speed that up.
-Leather stuff: Spellbooks are covered, and we've got a lot of botas for now, but those will all run out eventually. A fulltime combatter/tailor would fill in this role for now. Later on a high level tailor comes in handy for making clothing and accessories. This person should also fill up their extension slots with Flax gardens (and work towards that with gathering levels - level 14 gathering is needed but that can be achieved pretty quickly).

Consumables (foods & potions):
-One person can fill in a combination fisher/cook role. It takes quite a while to get up to the levels where cooking becomes useful (cooked fish has a very limited use, the timer foods are the important part of cooking). The storage shack has a good amount of nuts for making flour, and once you hit level 10 cooking you can start extracting pine nuts from pine cones, which we should have in abundance once the woodcutters switch over to pine. Additionally, cooking all the raw meat produced by the combat players will add up to a good chunk of cooking levels. The big prize here is getting up to 16 for Steak Stews, which are like a pocket version of the Wild Growth spell.
-The chef will need a lot of raw materials other than meat to make the dishes. This can be fulfilled by a fulltime hiker/gatherer, running a number of gardens for tomatoes, garlic, and later on contributing apples, lemons, potatoes, and basil. Eggs and mushrooms are also very useful and can be gathered in the downtime while waiting for extensions to grow.
-Moving towards the alchemy side of things, a fulltime woodcutter/carpenter to make parchment (and later on, oak barrels) as well as supplying the chef with raw logs for cooking, the tailor with parchment for spellbooks, and the chef with bowls.
-A smith to make bottles and iron ingots for barrels, filling in the rest of their time with mining sandstone and iron ores.
-Another person can focus exclusively on coal (once they've reached the required mining level). Coal is needed in large quantity for bottles and steel as well as some higher level smithing and alchemy tasks.
-Alchemy, much like cooking, takes a long time to get up to making anything useful, but with a good supply (mostly of parchment and raw materials) from the other players, can move up to that level quickly. Healing potions are absolutely 100% useless, they're left over from an older era of the game and have absolutely zero use, so the focus should be on getting to level 6 to make woodland potions (which will increase the random drops from woodcutting - cherries, pinecones, etc., not the logs themselves) which is at least mildly useful. The gem finding and fish finding potions, at levels 10 and 14 respectively, are much more useful, as the miners will then find more gems, and the fisher will find more snails (and snails = mana, and mana = magic levels, and you know where this is going). Because of the intense supply demands a fulltime alchemist requires, this might not even be a full-time role. Growing herbs on the side and maybe hiking or mining (to get up to salt level) would be good downtime activities for this person."

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I think 40 tailoring will let us "be good" with tailoring for a bit but 65 will sure be nice for Copal bracelets. I"m in the same boat some as once I hit 60 combat for that equipment that I have to buy I'll be out of reasons to power level so much and start doing some mass materials gathering for botas/cooking stuff while the rest of the guild XP curve catches up in our smithing/carpentry department for armors.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

synthetik posted:

What level alch do we need to get to? I'm 20k from 35 speed, but don't mind changing over. Just let me know what you want me to do!

Since you are already on a 30+ skill it makes sense for you to stick on Speed and specializing if Speed doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out. You are within a reasonable distance of 45 and being able to get Ash and other good mats at Volcano for us.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Shortest Path posted:

My mining is about to hit 20 and I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna stick with that for literally forever since ores are always needed. Would be helpful to get buffs now and then, though.

If you need buffs you need to call for them in chat. It's not a guarantee but posting with your timer helps so people know how many casts you need. Also if you move to where a buffer is they can start casting on you and you can walk back to where you were if they are somewhere they don't/won't move away from to cast.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kluliss posted:

As of today I'm going to be working all day pretty much every day for about a month - I'll try to do botcheck when I can during the day but my job does not give me consistent times to be able to do that, probably every couple of hours at most.

As such, don't buff me unless I've just botchecked and am asking!

I'm probably going to go back to some sort of thing that doesn't require my input, possibly woodcutting.

My skills are as follows:

Alchemy 5
Carpentry 11
Cooking 9
Fishing 11
Gathering 24
Magic 10
Mining 7
Smithing 2
Speed 17
Tailoring 14
Woodcutting 20

Out of all of that, if there's something I can do which would be of most benefit to the guild, please let me know and I'll move myself to the appropriate place. I should be on a little in the evenings (GMT+1) and weekends but I have a lot to do outside of working at the moment so may not be as vocal as I normally am :D

Have fun, folks!

*going to do Cherry logs this week to stock us up, but let me know if there's anything we need a day on somewhere else.

If you aren't absolutely set on woodcutting we could use someone for cooking who is just crushing pine nuts from pine cones and other nuts. You could spend a couple days crushing and then a couple days making flour. This also goes for crushing salt at Alchemy 5 if you have time to grind it up.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ok, so, I hit 60 combat which is pretty great but the problem is that I'm so far ahead of our smiths and carpenters that it is going to be expensive to get the lvl 60 armor until the guild as a whole catches up some. I can idle merfolk which gives us seaweed, rice, and fishing spears just fine in it but I don't think we have a <huge> demand for that stuff right now. Is there a gather X amount of resources I can do to help the guild now? Set a goal to gather 20,000 or 40,000 snake hides + snake meat for turning into jerky? Same amount but with snow furs?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Death Dealer posted:

I'm in at Elmric, figured this might be good to tool around on during nights where I'm not feeling something more involved. :v:

Like at all involved.

This also works perfectly at work.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Horking Delight posted:

I'm so sad it looks like he deleted his "GUYS THEY'RE STEALING MY FRIEEEEEEENDS HELLLLLLLP" thread. It was great.

CENSORSHIP!!!!!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Level 7 orchard and he still set it to 300 slots. Woohoo!

I'm rich! I'm going to sell that extension to the old guard!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

There is a lot of nice poo poo in that dump! Hail cone err scone err :bird:!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Apparently log filtering and marking things from error down to warn is not a logical option.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Woohoo! Someone sold me 24 Alluvium Dirks on the marketplace. I just put up a buy-order for 250 on double the vendor buy price so hopefully I can get us some more.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invites out for Bondski and edgeman. Did we just miss a spy opportunity?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If you joined us to play Amaranthine and aren't going to play / haven't been around in awhile / said gently caress these guys can you login real fast and dump your stuff into guild storage so new people can use it? We've just about dried up the holiday gear market from what the pubs were selling.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Horking Delight posted:

Raiding their guild bank is a bannable offense I would assume but surely "they invited him to join and then he left to join us and leaked chat logs to us" can't be, can it? Hahahaha.

I mean if you raid it slowly over time....

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

bollig posted:

I'll bear your steel. In as chondromalasia .

Invite out.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

New Title: 00:40:22 Meowth : 00:40:05 Cowboy *ATF* : Just my opinion, but I'd say what needs your attention the most is the Gurl in your Life

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I have some notes from a copy of this sheet. I'll compare them and post some data later tonight after ye olde yard work is completed.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ok goons, we need our next big project. Anyone have any good ideas? Grow our gardens in AB and IP and create a bunch of houses and extensions? Make 100,000 bowls and empty bottles?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Eldercain posted:

I'm kind of working on getting my tailoring up high enough to produce a steady stream of sup books/clothes but it's real slow going killin snakes and then stitchin em together.

Do you have a defined number that we could set as a goal for the combat goons to gather for you? I think Decayer and SaucerCrab are trying to get speed to 30 right now and ottumon is Lord of the Disenchanted Forest but we could probably do a snake hide run for a few days to get some gathered.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

:rip: demnos (temporarily). Someone give his poo poo away to a newbie and/or ATF

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invited both of you but if the future lawyer doesn't get lawyery in World Chat I'm kicking you.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Coffeehitler posted:

We have a bunch of Iron Gorgets though. Good luck scaring up some Aurora Bracelets.

You can use the manual (you should use the poo poo out of it really) and search for Iron Gorgets. Down at the bottom it will show you Guild Storages amounts and also personal houses. Right now I see 79 in the Aeon Bay Combat storage.

Aurora Bracelets....yeah good luck with that let us know if you find some.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

To expand a little more on that:

We entered a game that had a stable community and the biggest guild was around 30 members and 100 or so people online on average. We have about 80 active people in the guild right now and 130 or so total last I checked. The economy in the game is hosed. We already bought just about everything we could off the market plus there is hostility towards us due to messing up the status quo. A lot of the trades by guild are people who have known each other for 2+ years. It's drat near impossible for us to get things by offering to buy them but we do have a few pocket people who are willing to make stuff to us if we give them materials. A week or two ago we got about 20 aurora bracelets made. They were gone within a day to various people who were lvl 15 magic and over and could wear them. We're in a big shortage right now but as we get people leveling we're starting to shore up some of our weak spots and really get our internal production chains rolling. Bracelets is a big weak spot for us around lodestone, jasper, and aurora but we'll get to where we have a steady supply. The issue before bracelets was dyed clothing. Once we got our levels we started mass producing them and now our "problem" is we don't have enough rare shirts that provide double stats to pass out to everyone. Bad problem right?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ratzap posted:

This is panning out as a great game to run on the laptop while I watch videos, read or play 'real' games. I'm going to get everything to 6 first then maybe look at building a house (they're just storage options right?).

Yeah a lot of us run this while we watch TV, play games, or work during the day. It scratches the MMO itch for a lot of us that don't have time to invest in it to be competitive but doing this we can be.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

belt posted:

Just joined as belt, would like an invite please :D

Invite sent! Good luck soldier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009