Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
In as Rootballa, I love idling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

MooCowlian posted:

Doublepost with a question, do timers just go down naturally as you level? I'm reading the mining manual page and it looks like a pick can get you -8 and other gear can get you -7. A lot of that can't be equipped until you're really deep in anyway. Mana regen doesn't seem to be anywhere near high enough to keep buffs up.

People are talking about 20s timers and here I am with 50 seconds on everything, wondering how you're supposed to get there.

It's a mix of spells (level Magic every chance you get, it's slow, grindy and tremendously important), consumables and Blue gear. Seriously, when you load in, the first thing you should do is open your Map, head to Aeon Bay, grab the Hooded Figure quest, and start using Summon White Rune until you run out of mana.

By the time you finish the quest, you should be able to self-buff yourself for reductions in Woodcutting and Mining (-2 sec timer per application base, and the effect stacks). You can use them either as mana burners or to improve your skill timers while levelling! It's just important to spend your mana as often as possible, because it's the hardest gated thing out there to a new player.

Niton fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 1, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
For the crafters it concerns:

Until further notice, i'll be leaving any Magnetite and Coal that I mine in Izanna Port's warehouse, to save the trip to AB and back. The smelting is done on the isle, anyways.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
For anyone Mining 15+ who's looking for a good money-making opportunity: There's a shop in Syrianna Jungle buying Lumps of Coal at 20 Copper each. That's ridiculously high for Coal, especially with our ability to self-source tools because it only takes Iron to mine.

I'm probably going to drain them over the next day or two if nobody else does; it'll pay itself back in a couple of weeks at the latest. Gotta get that Sparkling gear for casting shenanigans.

Niton fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 4, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Any higher-level / super active goons still need an Easter Pendant? Finally got up to 15 eggs so i'd like to hoist one off to someone else to keep the Egg train rolling.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
The most hated enemy of Goonkind, Charles Bukowski, bought nine different Global buffs last night.

The largest beneficiary of his magnanimity? Goons.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Brought this up in Guild Chat, but I think we should leverage a bunch of our capital into buying up all of the cheap pairs of Festive Boots on the market. It'd cost about 65k copper to buy up all 31 pairs, but it would ensure a long term supply of one of the most important pieces of newbie gear there is.

I'd be willing to put a decent chunk into it, if we get enough interest.

Niton fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 14, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Can we change back to a Cone-themed name? We've managed to change the course of the game enough where Pine Cones are now part of the key to ultimate efficiency.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

GlitchThief posted:

Is there a decent chance we'll be needing dedicated fishers in the future? Fishing is the most interesting of the things I can idle doing, but I also want to contribute. Mostly, though, I just don't want to hit low level trees for the rest of my life. I don't know why, but chopping pine is hella boring to me.

I'm pretty low level in all skills, but aside from Gathering I've reached the recommended levels from the knowledge document. I'm basically trying to figure out if there's anything I should be powerlevelling at this point.

Fishing has some great continual uses now.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Rice is actually pretty useful to us, because it creates the second island's mana food and we have exactly two people who could farm it (if they even wanted to). You can also put the excess Fishing Spears up for sale in Goon Mart and maybe make a little profit that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Just dropped about 2/3 of our Coal stockpile on some dude looking to buy @ 15 ea, we are now 225k richer than we were an hour ago.