Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
In this game in specific, I don't think most of the playerbase even realizes we're goons. The Amar pubbie hate stems from, I think, three main causes:

1. As pixaal mentions, the Goonrush of new players confused the gently caress out of a lot of the old-timer pubbies. The pubbies largely at this point consist of people who've trickled in over a period of years and then stuck around; the vision of dozens of us showing up in a short period of time boggled their minds. So there were, naturally, accusations of multi-boxing and hacking and all kinds of poo poo tossed around all willy-nilly, because the idea of anyone playing Amar who could actually socially coexist with more than three or four people at once the way some of these antisocial fuckers strain to do just did not compute.

2. Early on a bunch of us decided to all go cut down pine trees and started making cracks in global chat about the Cult of the Holy Cone; this irked the poo poo out of some players, because apparently global chat is reserved for pretending to be a cat and/or attention whoring. Some people genuinely still seem to believe that we're all in an honest-to-god cult, it's kind of amazing.

3. Some of these people are not just hosed up, they're smug about how hosed up they are (I haven't seen Cowboy around much, but he was the prime example for me). The fact that we didn't seem impressed enraged them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I Love Topanga posted:

This looks interesting. Can I get an invite at TLuvFromUpAbove ?

Got the invite, thanks!

One suggestion, put whatever the current guild name is in he OP. I saw a person in world chat when I joined but I wasn't sure it was goons because I didn't know the name had changed to #10.

Man, that would necessitate a lot of edits to the OP.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I cannot loving believe mordaq is still a thing