Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This looks like a good distraction for when I'm at work

I'll take a guild invite, in game name Magres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah i played that awful amazing game

invite accepted, thanks! i cant chat in gchat yet though :rip:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nah I like the new one, it's one of my favorite emotes and someone bought it for me and sent me a message saying "hey you're a great poster and should have a nicer avatar than a dumb redtext cause you're a cool person." It was really nice of them!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Horking Delight posted:

Also a portion of the XP you earn goes towards XP for the guild. The reason I keep talking about our guild xp?

Because some (okay probably just one or two) of these long-running guilds are elitist as gently caress and smug as gently caress and I and everyone else are chomping at the bit to reach 3.1 million guild exp (we're at 2.087 now) so that we can put ourselves at the bottom of the leaderboard because right now no one in-game knows how many of us there are or what level our guild is. The top guilds in the game make anywhere from 0 (if inactive) to 100k guild exp per day. Half the top-100 guilds don't have any active members. The biggest guild in the game bragged just this morning about having the most active members.

We make 60-100k xp/day and that number is only going to go up as our newbie players unlock higher-exp actions and more people join. We might even make more than that now. The 100k guild exp per day that the top guilds are doing? That's something like 1-10 high-level players. We don't have anyone who compares to that (sorry Xerol).

When that guy was smugly talking about how his 27 people represented the biggest guild in the game, we had 30 people online during North America work hours.

If you joined the guild and spent your entire time making GBS threads up the chat and only took things from storage and only did your own thing and never contributed to guild projects, you would still be contributing to our progress in this game and you would still be helping us harvest nerd tears.

Uncle Goon wants YOU to help poo poo on smug pubbies

also lol at the idea of anyone being smug about this game

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah there's honestly no better goon recruitment tool than oblivious, smug pubbies

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

To not discuss this in the chat again, specializing in one skill won't work to well with Carpentry, Smithing, Tailoring, Alchemy and Cooking.

I started Alchemy on Thursday after thinking for a while about it. I am 23 in gathering and 19 in mining. This means i can get sandstone for bottles/vials and get most of the other stuff by myself. I still took a shitload out of the guild storage to be able to make things. I don't think it would be fun for someone to do those low XP tasks all day just so i can be THE POTIONMAKER.

If i want to do alchemy, i have to supply a lot of stuff myself. And that goes for everything that needs resources. I'd even dare to say every skill i mentioned at the top is a secondary one!

the real question is can you be the potion seller

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
We need iron ingots badly

Please help make iron ingots, I spent like half my day making them today and we're lower than ever

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, didnt know that existed. Thanks!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
play this game if only so you can troll idiot neckbeards in world chat

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
you know with the guns they inexplicably keep in the freezer

(i could swear loz said he keeps on in the freezer, because he's an absolute moron)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
why do you guys keep spelling buconeski wrong

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah he also keeps being a whiny child about cone jokes, making the name buconeski extra fun

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PRAISE THE CONE!

Redeemer of even the foulest, most unwashed pubbies

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Encourage IBurnPinecones as a name heavily, just in time to change our gimmick

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Pixaal you're the best

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crell posted:

that makes way more sense

This would also make Holy Pine Night even better

Being able to coordinate to cluster up on a resource all at once to save on timers would be really cool

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
As a heads up to everyone, it is your solemn duty to screencap ATF tears when we pass them. I will be so, so unhappy if I'm not on when it happens and no one captures it for posterity.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
E: I am bad and wrong

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I also misunderstood the situation wholly and had mixed up the botcheck timer (which Grumpy is fine with) with the smilies script (which he is not) and thought people were getting banned for using a script Grumpy had OKed, which is not the case.

As stated, I am bad and wrong.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

We have a couple carpenters within a week or so of being able to make aurora bracelets if they work at it, for what that's worth. I have no idea how hard to get Agates are.

I take it this is where the infinite Bamboo sink is?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Probably. Also I like your new avatar, even if it doesn't endlessly amuse me like the redtext title you used to have.

It was a good avatar. I miss it sometimes! I actually lost it because a poster in another thread changed it to nothing with just :perfect: as my title and sent me a PM saying "hey you're a nice person and deserve better than an ugly redtext so I got you something new!" It was the most :shobon: way to lose my redtext possible, so I'm okay with it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
We need to come up with a good guild name name that mocks The South obviously enough to make pubbies mad but subtly enough that Grumpy won't make us change it

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I got literally no snail gear :(

I didn't play a ton but still I probably did like 6-10 hours at Palm trees and got nothing

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
oh lol

im dumb shutup

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I hear that if you give a goon 100k copper they'll sponsor you and help you get into the guild

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
HAIL SATAN

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For PROJECT MANA SPLURGE am I being helpful if I continue to chop bamboo and rack up frogs, or should I go hike through DF

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh god yes

Finally we need/want palm more than bamboo

MY TIME HAS COME

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

oldskool posted:

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

MEAT MOUNTAIN :perfect:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:barf:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

Good Job Charles.

Goood poo poo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I had a ton of fun railing on him after the words "I hated Obama for... no particular reason" came out of him. We basically dogpiled him with "so you hated our first black president... for absolutely no reason. MMMMHHHMMMMMMM" and ran with it

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
First one's fine, you actually have another 8 characters spare

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you're a woodcutter on the second island you should be chowing down on Steamed Shellfish - helps produce more treefrogs so we can have more frog legs for the push to stockpile mana items for newbies

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Aside from that, there's a poo poo ton of crossover between populations of various games, and our reputation precedes us. For example, when goons first got into the now gone Age Of Wushu, one of the Vietnamese guild leaders there also had played Eve Online, and got his ship blown up by goons there. Since most pubbies simply know the collective of SA users as "The Goons", he assumed that we were the same people and decided to declare holy war on us, despite the fact that only like 2 or 3 of the goons that were around at the time even knew anything about Eve at all. In the end, it worked out incredibly well for us, as we got to learn a bunch of the game through fighting with them, and then we proceeded to have an almost illegal amount of fun getting better than them, beating them in wars, literally stealing their land and raping their handmaidens, and then gloating smugly about it from their former palace grounds.

God the wars with the Wushu Vietbloc (for everyone else, it was literally an alliance of guilds that were specifically for Vietnamese players that all wanted to kill us) were fun, I loved how much that game completely encouraged dishonorable, underhanded bullshit and how much it made pubbies mad.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
what a loving piece of poo poo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Vasler posted:

Amusingly RWSA got muted for 15 minutes more than Papa Quack. And then Goose Goose got muted for 100 years.

wait did goose goose get probated for doing sarcastic roleplay in chat

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I got probated for jumping in on the "faggotism" discussion, but you can bet the first thing I'm doing when I get unmuted is roleplaying about feeding on silt from a riverbed.

jfc getting muted for longer for calling someone out for saying "faggotism" unironically than they get for saying it is some godawful modding

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

pixaal posted:

I've only been muted once. You guys need to learn to tread the line not eat the troll bait. Be polite while mocking them gently caress. It's also way more funny when you seem completely cool and rational and they are flipping their poo poo. It's okay to be angry in guild chat at the same time, and can make screen caps even more funny.

Maybe next time we goad him into saying faggotism we should all chant we're here we're queer get used to it.

bring back roygbiv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
that is legit my favorite weird tic of like half the amar community