Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I ve been on the lookout for something like this. I'm bored of gaming with graphics and I can't mud because pressing buttons is too arduous

In as Gnads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

synthetik posted:

Ok, then I'm wrong. I'm still done, it's still a major game change directed squarely at us.

Let me break this down from the new player perspective:

This is a fun little idler game where people make stuff, lvl skills and gather exp in order to help their guild amass more exp than the other guilds, in less amount of time. Getting things done faster is a large part of it. It's being developed by some dude who doesn't give a poo poo about promoting it or about seeing more people play it.

The catch:
The top guilds are sporting member counts of around 5-15 whale p2w pubbie assholes who have gathered huge amounts of exp over many many years. The fun part is that no matter how much they try, p2w whales will never be able to compete with any guild that is organized and has as many active users as we do. A player can only get so much exp over a set amount of time, two players will earn double the amount, it's science! The goonion is the only guild you'll see in the top10, with 211 players and going up (around 1/10 of those are active too, which is a lot by the game's standards)

Recently new goons joined and are active, so the developer had to implement some changes. He couldn't bear seeing a bunch of noob goons decked out in epic gear since day 1 (because the goon vets had things covered), so he rushed a huge update just to slow us down and nurfed the whole goddamn game because of us lmao. Pubs went all out against us, it was p. cool considering its an idler game

We are now #7, soon to be 5. Goonrush!

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

RabbitWizard posted:

Grumpy should have done this when we entered the top 100. Slowing goons down now is kinda stupid.

He can't *really* slow us down though can he. We'll just keep eating food!

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

GZ on 2nd place!!!

FreshFeesh posted:

At this rate, in just under 22 weeks we'll be the #1 guild and the game will implode with fuming

The time is now

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

lawwll Grumpy gave me 10snail bux to change my name because it was apparently too offensive for worldchat so now I am Mr. Pickles ingame too

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

bump to let y'all know that the few persisent goons who still play this every day (I am not one of them) will soon manage to go #1 guild in the whole game

get in there and be a part of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

there;s this other guild of goddamn pubbie bastards comming up with twice the speed we are but we'll get #1 for sure, at least for a few weeks/months before they can catch up