Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

synthetik posted:

All of the -timer gear changed. For example, you have to have a full six slots of blue gear for a -6 timer, instead of each piece having its own stats. The one update literally invalidated ever gearset I have, and it’ll be “a couple of weeks” before replacements are available. Who knows what the mats will be? I’m not going to spend any more time in a game where literal years of work can be discarded by a single update.

I’ll change the password on my account if someone wants to run with it. Speed is 95 or something than everything else has a fair amount of progress.

Cone is like half the player base of the game at this point and it’s like this update was directed at us. Grumpy was laughing along with the rest of the other guilds when we were raising points in chat. I was seriously considering doing a chargeback on the unused snail bucks I had on my account, but I’m not going to be that petty.

Grumpy said straight up that cone never would be this high without abusing gear and we are progressing way faster than intended and we should be thankful he let us abuse this for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

synthetik posted:

Doesn't make a lot of sense since other guilds had the same access to gear for the past seven years, but I'll take it as a win that we broke the game to a point that the head developer had to literally patch us out of existence.

Clothing has only been in the game for 3 years apparently.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Just a friendly reminder, when people say "new players" they are referring to goons. When goons say new players we are often referring to new pubbies, but they think we're just trying to make the game easier for ourselves.

Likely due to our constant name changing, and that they don't want to directly call for nerfs directed at a single guild.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Zoe posted:

I was thinking of getting back into this now that I have real internet again but should I bother if the game is lovely now and the dev is actively pushing us out?

The update invalidated a lot of our previous efforts without a new goal. In the weeks since he's added new items and we've been able to ramp up production and overall while it's a different way to get there, it's pretty much the same.

PS Grumpy is bad at math, and due to players mostly caring about XP the benefits of the items are seen as a bonus not the goal. A true game about making numbers getting bigger. Basically the more useful the item the worse the XP should be in Grumpy's opinion.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sell for copper, or go jack off all trade.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If you are on at strange hours he's still there and will emote in world chat every hour or so hoping for a bite.

I'm not sure if he's really lonely or a massive troll. I want to believe he's just really high huffing gas. He works at a gas station and will drone on about customers being stupid. Which is ironic and often extremely mundane.

Seriously get him to talk about his life it's a poo poo show.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All but confirmed that Sal is a mod. I've suspected him of being Thor for awhile. No way Grumpy would back this up, Grumpy gave us a mute for the phrase "tossing salad" in a conversation about the worst jobs we've had. Sal is using the term without any context.

For reference there is no item named bundle of sticks, he was just abusing the link mechanic.

After Telling Grumpy this is serious and to take it seriously.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 8, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Magres posted:

Fighting the good fight, good work. Tbh part of the reason I left was because the appeal of a MUD is (to me) mostly in the community. I love Goons but there's only so many of us and the game's boring as poo poo when guild chat is dead and all that's scrolling by in my chat window is stupid trash in World chat that makes me want to leave.

Well, that, and my work started blocking Amaranthine :mad: But I'd have more interest in playing at home while I'm on my computer (or when I'm working from home) if World weren't a dumpster fire.

There's a group a pubbies that recently joined from some other game and they're pretty fun in world chat. I think they have a few goons in there too.

eGoose, we're iMoose. At least right now. I'm, sure they'll change names like we do because it's funny and messes with pubs.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grumpy has repetitively said he doesn't accept mods from the player base. He only makes people mod that he knows IRL. He doesn't trust people he meets online.

It's like he's stuck in 1997.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roflex posted:

Easter event is up!

Consumables are always awful in these things, get 960 eggs to get 20 bunnies and upgrade them all to 5 of the modified superiors. IMO best investment is grow time, there's easy ways to get spell duration (although more is always better, so buy one if you want to), capacity is almost certainly not worth it.

If you get over 960 eggs please consider redistributing them to other goons who can't play all weekend. Event ends at reset on Monday (8pm EDT), shop stays open for another week and change. If you haven't played in a while at least check in after Monday to see if there's extra eggs we can trade in, since the limits are per-account.

where do you get 960? 36*20=720

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

gently caress this Grumpy in the ear.

He doesn't give a poo poo about anything, papacowboy was roleplaying a sexual relationship with someone he was calling "little girl" and having her call him "daddy".

Grumpy muted me for calling him a pedophile and refused to listen to reason that it was pedophilia.

This community is unredeemable as long as Grumpy runs this game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crescent Wrench posted:

SaucerCrab, some pubby posted fan art of you on the Amar forums.

Was it a known pubbie or some random?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Colin Mockery posted:

Well, in NoobishPro's defense, he's not a racist American, he's a racist Netherlander so he doesn't actually have any context for America, really.

World chat is loving garbage and I don't regret at all having mostly quit too (though I do want us to reach #2 guild rankings).

I don't think you need context to know that segregation is bad. There's also tons of movies and internet posts in general about all of this. No he's fully aware and trying to push buttons.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The botcheck is to make sure you aren't botting the 30 minute continue button. The genre evolved them when people just set up auto clickers to click "repeat last action". This turned into once every 5/10 minutes and just building the auto repeat into the game. Then they added bot checks because people just botted the 5/10 minute check.

If you are having trouble with the checks they are an image map not a grid. The idiot that coded it didn't even do a good job tracing the outline. You have to click inside the border of the image for it to register some of the sets are off by a bit. Try and click center. If you are using a touch device have fun, because it's going to register wherever your finger touches first as where you clicked, which is going to be outside the tiny rear end icon.

Is Grumpy still siding with sexist homophobic racists?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oldskool posted:

invite sent, :f5:

We're (finally) under 10 million XP away from second place guild!

Closing in on Number 1, do pubbies still care, or have they started pulling the "we never cared about ranking anyway" speel.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Yeah I hate 30m timers so I know I'd cave and just buy it because it's cheap as poo poo, and I cant give that guy money. If you can do it without giving him money he runs about 5 servers and you are costing him a lot, so please keep mashing bot checks and racking up server bills.

The game itself is pretty solid, almost every single goon that has stopped playing was because of the devs lovely opinions.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Do they still accuse the guild of being a single person running a bunch of bots?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crescent Wrench posted:

We really screwed up the math last time, but we are now within a day or two of surging into the lead!

Did I gently caress up that copy paste leader board google sheet what 2, 3 years ago? Are you guys still using it? I can't believe this journey is almost over. Praise be the the mighty cone in the sky : bird :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

did it end how it began? was there praising the cone and massive crowding picking cones?