Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

jisforjosh posted:

If Clinton wins PA you give her $100.

Oh hahahaha no thanks, I'm not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

XboxPants posted:

Oh hahahaha no thanks, I'm not crazy.

it's a pretty lopsided bet, if bernie wins you get to give him a couple bucks but if he loses you suffer from overpowering self-hate for the rest of your life

how bout this: if bernie wins PA jisforjosh donates $100 to bernie, if hillary wins then I'll look in her general direction for 4 or 5 seconds

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Get ready to support....

HILLARY

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

anyone who makes 150 calls to Wisconsin, PA or NY by this weekend will get FF VIII or Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on steam

first come first serve. must use BerniePB site.

EDIT: If you want the reward TODAY, please do PA.

PleasureKevin has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Mar 28, 2016

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Tetracube posted:

it's a pretty lopsided bet, if bernie wins you get to give him a couple bucks but if he loses you suffer from overpowering self-hate for the rest of your life

how bout this: if bernie wins PA jisforjosh donates $100 to bernie, if hillary wins then I'll look in her general direction for 4 or 5 seconds

Oh I'm still donating, I voted for Bernie in Texas and would rather he win than Clinton. He's more than likely out barring some huge shift (IE winning PA by a comfortable margin). So if he wins PA, my $100 isn't so wasted.

Edit: His supporters online have driven me away from donating to him more than his loses.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

Edit: His supporters online have driven me away from donating to him more than his loses.

something awful proved years ago that if you let the internet fandom of anything define it, there is nothing left to enjoy or support in this world

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also since it fits the theme of a political revolution, i will be giving away Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut to whoever does 250 calls first

complete list of prizes:

Top prize (first to 200 calls): Deus Ex: Political Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Runner up (first to 100 calls before New Yorkthe loving convention): Sleeping Dogs: Definitive

Alternative runner up (first to 100 calls before New Yorkthe loving convention): Final Fantasy VIII

all on steam

also to reiterate you must join and use berniepb and the goons4bernie group

PleasureKevin has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Apr 23, 2016

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

PleasureKevin posted:

also since it fits the theme of a political revolution, i will be giving away Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut to whoever does 250 calls first

complete list of prizes:

Top prize (first to 250 calls): Deus Ex: Political Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Runner up (first to 150 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Sleeping Dogs: Definitive

Alternative runner up (first to 150 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Final Fantasy VIII

all on steam

:bernpop:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

something awful proved years ago that if you let the internet fandom of anything define it, there is nothing left to enjoy or support in this world

Well when you're on the Internet so much due to work and how ingrained it is in life now, you can't escape it.

I jumped into the Sanders thread after a hiatus from SA politics and was flooded with :bernget:, delusional optimism, and floods of "humorous" image posts.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

Well when you're on the Internet so much due to work and how ingrained it is in life now, you can't escape it.

I jumped into the Sanders thread after a hiatus from SA politics and was flooded with :bernget:, delusional optimism, and floods of "humorous" image posts.

there are people donating based on how many posts are made in that thread

also that's really not the toxic sort of stuff i was expecting you to be turned off by

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah, this is how they piss me off so much too

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

there are people donating based on how many posts are made in that thread

also that's really not the toxic sort of stuff i was expecting you to be turned off by

The BernieBro and sexism poo poo is appalling too I just don't see it much on this forum.

blood simple
Apr 10, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

If Clinton wins PA you give her $100.

lol now ur dictating the terms lol

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

jisforjosh posted:

happiness. PTOOIE! who dares be anything other than morbidly depressed and resigned to suffocating to death in this black hole of misery called life.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

:bernget:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

2 new members on goons4bernie today!

quoting this as a reminder

PleasureKevin posted:

complete list of prizes:

Top prize (first to 250 calls): Deus Ex: Political Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Runner up (first to 150 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Sleeping Dogs: Definitive

Alternative runner up (first to 150 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Final Fantasy VIII

all on steam

EDIT: also to reiterate you must join and use berniepb and the goons4bernie group

also, forget about PA cause the deadline for that is over. WI or whatever state they say in the Slack is priority.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there's now also a push to call Nevada (yes, nevada)

apparently we can get some delegates if other delegates don't show up to the convention. since they're over-confident clinton supporters, it's likely.

i believe you'll be calling people who are already "strong bernie", so it's pretty chill

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/content/adv-phonebank/

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wow, a third goon sign up today

it's quite possibly happening

hope there is some competition amongst us soon

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

wow, a third goon sign up today

it's quite possibly happening

hope there is some competition amongst us soon

I did forget to tell people to use the plugin though so you should probably post that link in the thread

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

use the plugin

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just want to remind yall that sanders campaign is a scam

blood simple
Apr 10, 2010

Baloogan posted:

just want to remind yall that sanders campaign is a scam

peckerwood

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

They updated the livevox dialer and you can't hit the ready button on tablets because it has no touch target, I had 4 people at a phone bank last night who couldn't make calls and it was some serious bullshit. The fact that it is a flash based dialer doesn't help

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

They updated the livevox dialer and you can't hit the ready button on tablets because it has no touch target, I had 4 people at a phone bank last night who couldn't make calls and it was some serious bullshit. The fact that it is a flash based dialer doesn't help

wow, have you told anyone about this

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol good

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

wow, have you told anyone about this

Yes I called my contact in the campaign and they said to just use hub dialer for the weekend but it is a mess since all the phone bank events won't know what the gently caress is going on until it's fixed and in my experience most people have tablets

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
wouldn't somebody bribing people to phonebank for bernie with video games make for a really good alarmist blog article?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

zen death robot posted:

No one is doing that anymore and tbh that was a terrible donation gimmick

yeah such a terrible gimmick it helped raise $43k

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/goons4bernie

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's pretty sick to just give that much money to an already rich man.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bip Roberts posted:

It's pretty sick to just give that much money to an already rich man.

do you care about anything at all? or do you just post negative poo poo to people who do?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

wouldn't somebody bribing people to phonebank for bernie with video games make for a really good alarmist blog article?

no, they do it on the official slack too

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

zen death robot posted:

just donate money you dont need "spam emotes and images over and over and I'll send some money" bullshit

I think it's more about creating a cultish environment where any and all random behavior is reinforced, but then the high from the one or two empty quotes of a " :gethill: " post fades, and so the user donates to get the most possible attention from the collective. The "poo poo post for Bernie and I'll we'll donate x" is just a way of fueling this endorphin-producing machine

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

here's a comrade phone banking while playing hearthstone

https://www.twitch.tv/epoch_diamond

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Is that new? I've always had that issue on mobile since a month or so ago, and resorted to hubdialer on tablets for that very reason. Livevox is like 4 times as good since you're getting cellphone numbers instead of just landlines, but Hub still works in a pinch and you get to make calls at least.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

zen death robot posted:

just donate money you dont need "spam emotes and images over and over and I'll send some money" bullshit

its called "RAISING AWARENESS" gosh

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Why are you giving that much money to a man who more than likely won't win and if he does, won't be able to do anything resembling the promises he's putting forward?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

jisforjosh posted:

Why are you giving that much money to a man who more than likely won't win and if he does, won't be able to do anything resembling the promises he's putting forward?

Agreed, death is certain

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Is that new? I've always had that issue on mobile since a month or so ago, and resorted to hubdialer on tablets for that very reason. Livevox is like 4 times as good since you're getting cellphone numbers instead of just landlines, but Hub still works in a pinch and you get to make calls at least.

Worked again Monday night on iPads running Puffin so seems to work. The campaign has told me that they don't want people using hubdialer because it's poo poo

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

jisforjosh posted:

Mostly to make you mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

complete list of prizes:

Top prize (first to 200 calls): Deus Ex: Political Human Revolution: Director's Cut

Runner up (first to 100 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Sleeping Dogs: Definitive

Alternative runner up (first to 100 calls by this weekend for either PA or WI): Final Fantasy VIII

all on steam

EDIT: also to reiterate you must join and use berniepb and the goons4bernie group

i've lowered all the caps and am re-applying the last 2 prizes to this weekend. ignore the states, but preferably New York.

• Locked thread