Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

People have of course already said "it's like a videogame", but I've gotta say it really is a videogame. The mute protagonist, who gets mission objectives that are displayed on a mini-map. Jimmy explaining how to use the grenades like a tutorial. More specifically, the ghille-suit Jimmy leading Henry through the abandoned buildings was literally the Mcmillan mission from Call of Duty 4.

That aside I thought it was alright if a little dull in the end if you can believe it. When you see him shoot a few guys you've seen most of what its going to show you, with some variation to liven it up from fight to fight.

Oh, there was a dude behind me who thought that ghille-suit Jimmy was the funniest thing ever, he kept saying "A talking bush!" and laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

We are always several steps behind Henry, as he sensing things that we don't and making decisions we can't understand except retroactively. The film is very non-immersive.

Jenny Angel posted:

This is part of why the film is much more a Russian dashcam video than it is a videogame, in that we as a Western audience watch the mayhem with a sense of befuddlement, but the point of view character is already immersed in that cultural context so it's, in a sense, just another day at the office for him

I never felt this way at all. It never seemed like Henry knew something I didn't.

I agree about the non-immersive part.

Kramjacks fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 11, 2016

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I agree about it looking like a dashcam, it has a very real, almost strangely real aesthetic for the most part.

Really, HH feels like one of these to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBm_uZidDT0

• Locked thread