Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AFewBricksShy posted:

I think this looks awesome but I'm curious to see if it's going to cause motion sickness seeing it on the big screen.

For what it's worth I get motion sickness so badly that I can't even play most console FPS's and I was fine with this. It may depend on your specific theatre and where you sit, but you'd probably be fine.

This movie is a ton of fun and Sharlto Copley is fantastic in it. Haley Bennett is also pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ratedargh posted:

It's goofy and insane. But it buys into its gimmick 100%. It will have its haters but it's a ton of fun in a big crowd. It played at TIFF's Midnight Madness last fall and was a hoot in that atmosphere. It's really dumb, too, but it's not striving for much beyond being silly fun.

Yeah I think what really helps this movie succeed is that it never half-steps, in the way that the Crank movies don't. Seeing it with a MM audience was amazing because that's exactly the crowd you want for this kind of movie.

I would say it's not nearly as dumb as I was expecting. It's still an action movie so there's nothing in the way of subtext but what's there is pretty well executed given the format.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would agree that the gay jokes were something I could've done without but didn't see any problem with the ending. It definitely didn't come off like WOMEN AMIRITE? like people seem to be implying.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Megazver posted:

I legit think this might become a cult classic.

Me too. I could see it being a fun thing to throw on the background for a party or something, because you don't really need to pay attention to it to get the gist of the plot.

I 10000% echo the sentiment that if you're even a little bit interested in it, go see it in a theatre if you possibly can though.

• Locked thread