Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dug it too. I believe it's trying to say something about how dumb video games are with their often really dumb and sexist plots, but I'm not sure.

And yeah if you didn't like that music video, you won't like this one either. It's that, but longer and waaaaay more insane. But it's a nice love letter to Neveldine/Taylor. Mixing Gamer and Crank together in spirit, as well as a few homages to both films. They even put this scene in the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXqmw6iJCY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Midnight Madness.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Moms will LOVE Hardcore Henry!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The stunts get quite insane in this. The car chase is fairly nuts, as is the end. There are a few cheap bad effects but they are far in between.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The score is there. It's kinda generic action movie music. And Under My Skin, as well as Don't Stop Me Now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basically, the plot of the movie hinges around saving your wife from Blond Tommy Wiseau. Turns out, Tommy was a part of making murder cyborgs all along, which Henry is, and they basically go through a training program in which your motive is to save your wife. Turns out, the wife is with Tommy, and every single cyborg's motive is to save the wife. It's cool because it really hammers home how loving dumb that plot is.

Anyway, Henry, after loving poo poo up, finally confronts her in a helicopter, and something happens which I forgot but she stumbles out of the plane (like Vertigo), and hangs on to the edge of the helicopter, begging Henry to save her. Saying that "They did have something together" and she knows he loves her, ect.

Henry just slams the door down on her, and she falls.

The end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy poo poo, I forgot about that. That was hilarious. Also, the scene before it when he's falling and trying to land in the lake. :laffo:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Huh. I'll have to look out for that. I wonder why that was?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. It's definitely Sentient Russian Dash Cam the Motion Picture. Which is what I loved about it. However, I still think the "storyline" is taking the piss out of poo poo video game stories being mostly the same one note generic premise. That and the respawning Sharlto Coplay companion.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Plus, from what we got from the flashbacks, Henry wasn't much of a fighter.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still say it's Tommy Wiseau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All I could think about was this video here.

Hardcore Henry: The Teen Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3c67AYl0rM

• Locked thread