Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOcbKa4AAQw

Japanese streamer live already

these monsters make scary noises :cry:

E: ah it was nice while it lasted, taken down already

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
As soon as y'all get the game, just record a bit of the ambient Firelink music for me. I need to hear it.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
https://www.twitch.tv/hrk7

Is streaming right now. Just got to the new firelink.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Love how it's labelled Call of Duty 3.
Won't be long till an admin swoops down I bet.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

HGH posted:

Love how it's labelled Call of Duty 3.
Won't be long till an admin swoops down I bet.

The game is released though. Is Twitch against streaming JP games?
vv ahh I thought it was out now.

hanales fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 22, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It technically isn't until 24 hours from now, and I assume Bandai/From PR would just crack down on streaming their unreleased game.

Also this guy is a funny troll, he's stopping at ladders and forcing viewers to yell "GOOOO" before he does things. And now he's just going up and down the ladder.

EDIT: Is firebombs being effective against beasts a carryover from Bloodborne or was it always like this?

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 22, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bogart posted:

As soon as y'all get the game, just record a bit of the ambient Firelink music for me. I need to hear it.

https://youtu.be/D8Y4VkOLrG4

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This Japanese chat to voice software is hilarious.
Streamer's still up, he beat the 3rd boss we've seen in preview videos.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Blues DOA again lol

Like who is the way of blue for, people who only feel safe when they outnumber invaders 4 to 1?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 22, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

HGH posted:

This Japanese chat to voice software is hilarious.
Streamer's still up, he beat the 3rd boss we've seen in preview videos.

That guy was an idiot, I tried talking to him in Japanese and he just ignored everything. The other guy (Yuen?) hates gaijins but doesn't seem to know how to mod his own chat. This is why I can't stand PS4 streamers.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Megalixir posted:

That guy was an idiot, I tried talking to him in Japanese and he just ignored everything. The other guy (Yuen?) hates gaijins but doesn't seem to know how to mod his own chat. This is why I can't stand PS4 streamers.

what a stream

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Streaming draws such a strange mentality.

quote:

Bgotheat: Smh a casual
Elixir68k: this is about to become a disaster. he doesn't know english and he isn't in, or reading chat
Dragonfleas: this japanese dude needs to git gud

The guy just got taken offline (banned?) for sharing a game he got early with the internet, and those dudes are FRENZIED to find the next streamer to watch, but when they watch they only bitch about the guy not being a pro who will breeze through every encounter. "I'll sit here and watch this person for 3 straight hours, but drat if I won't be mad about it the entire time! He OWES us a higher level of skill before he should deign to stream this. OH NO HE GOT TAKEN OFFLINE UUUUUGH"

Where's the positivity.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Are... are you looking for sanity in twitch chat?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is there an option to have the menu and item descriptions in English in the Japanese version if I order this early? Really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Electromax posted:

Streaming draws such a strange mentality.

The guy just got taken offline (banned?) for sharing a game he got early with the internet, and those dudes are FRENZIED to find the next streamer to watch, but when they watch they only bitch about the guy not being a pro who will breeze through every encounter. "I'll sit here and watch this person for 3 straight hours, but drat if I won't be mad about it the entire time! He OWES us a higher level of skill before he should deign to stream this. OH NO HE GOT TAKEN OFFLINE UUUUUGH"

Where's the positivity.

He wasn't banned, he just quit. I tried to communicate with him but he didn't respond to anything so I guess that's that. I don't think any Japanese streamer is going to get banned for streaming the game early.

Grem posted:

Is there an option to have the menu and item descriptions in English in the Japanese version if I order this early? Really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Japanese text only, with English dubs and Japanese subs.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Megalixir posted:

Japanese text only, with English dubs and Japanese subs.
You confirmed this? Did a streamer go through every menu option?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://www.twitch.tv/narumi23

Looks like some handsome tweaks to the greataxe moveset.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't believe one of the bosses is Prowling Magus+Congregation EXTREME EDITION.
Well, more like Royal Magus Vanguard now that the fight has progressed.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
It's the celestial emissary. With curses.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why does FromSoft love these kinds of bosses?

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Wow that's a lot of angry dudes

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I enjoy the fact they appear to be so fat.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

ten_twentyfour posted:

Wow that's a lot of angry dudes

HGH posted:

I enjoy the fact they appear to be so fat.

Let's play twitch-chat or boss-encounter :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So have we figured out when the hell time this actually unlocks? That countdown timer suggests it's 8am PST tomorrow, need to know if I have to get up early to stream this mofo.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Stream spoilers: The cathedral area is pretty badass, Anor Londo exterior-esque (but more run down) outside and you have to climb to the top of it to get inside. Only one bonfire but numerous elevators that go back down to it and allow you to open doors to the interior; basically the DS2 style warp-to-all-bonfires-from-all-bonfires combined with DS1 or Bloodborne's stinginess in actually providing you with them. Surprises on the inside, but the streamer hesitated on pushing on to the boss (which he'd clearly gotten to as NPC summon signs were around) and got cut off. Enemy health is lower than I'd expect, but I'm not sure what part of the game the Cathedral is nor how upgraded the guy's weapon was.

Enemy spoiler: There are leechmen things akin to Leechmonger about. And the slimes from the Depths.

Item spoiler: A lot of DS1/DS2 shields are present, including what is unmistakably the Pursuer's shield.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Those fancy weapons drizzling with +frost damage, think a fire gem can be fit into one making a messed up multi-element beast of a weapon?

Ether Frenzy posted:

So have we figured out when the hell time this actually unlocks? That countdown timer suggests it's 8am PST tomorrow, need to know if I have to get up early to stream this mofo.

20 hours and 30 minutes from now if that's any help

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 22, 2016

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So much of DS3's design style is cribbed from Bloodborne with a more medieval tilt. Whole areas that resemble Hemwick Charnel Lane, the cathedral area takes some serious architectural cues from Yahar'gul. The Berserk influences are also about as strong as they've ever been, especially in Lothric.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MrLonghair posted:

Those fancy weapons drizzling with +frost damage, think a fire gem can be fit into one making a messed up multi-element beast of a weapon?

20 hours and 30 minutes from now if that's any help

Cool, it's that timer you posted I was going on and hoping was the legit timing.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
11AM EST/8AM PST @ March 23, 2016 is what I worked out in the other thread at some point

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So are the guys playing this really good or is the game a little easier than before? They are 1 or 2 shotting every mook they come across.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

hanales posted:

So are the guys playing this really good or is the game a little easier than before? They are 1 or 2 shotting every mook they come across.

Well, how far in are they doing that is the bigger question. In DS1 it wasn't particularly different in that regard for most of the very early stuff unless you hosed off to the Graveyard.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Just saw this, dunno how long it will last. Spoilers to say the least

https://www.twitch.tv/narumi23/v/55963642

Enemy Spoiler/Area There is a huge giant in a sewery area with movement like blighttown swamp, bigger than those in DS1 and even bigger I think than the giant king in DS2. Not a boss. Possibly the giant from the teasers that gets ready to smash the platform?

Boss Spoiler Deacon of the Depth Boss Fight at the end. Seems pretty boring. Just a group of guys that keep respawning except for one that glows red that you have to kill before the red glowing soul(?) moves on to the next enemy.

Edit: Thats what I get for not reading the last few posts since I left the browser tab open.

Medieval Medic fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 22, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So it seems bleed effects continue to climb, not unlike frenzy in Bloodborne, even if you stop getting hit or the thing that hit you is dead, and even after the bar fills and you have a BLOOD LOSS! the bar will continue to fill until the effect has run its course.

edit: actually, after watching further, this seems to be a feature of a (some?) certain monster(s).

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 22, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Awesome and not too serious, more of a :unsmith: spoiler of NPC from narumi23's stream archive that I'm watching: KIRK IS BACK AND INVADING!

Lotish posted:

So it seems bleed effects continue to climb, not unlike frenzy in Bloodborne, even if you stop getting hit or the thing that hit you is dead, and even after the bar fills and you have a BLOOD LOSS! the bar will continue to fill until the effect has run its course.

Watching the archive? Those were leeches

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
So, I've avoided souls pvp for the most part and I have no idea how it works. Are there going to be goon gank squads or something where we can invade people as a group, or is it all induhvidual

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
It was a misunderstanding, the whole pvp outrage from earlier today. If you're in ember form, much like human form in ds1, you can be invaded. With a dried finger additional red (and white) phantoms can spawn.

edit: oh, ^'re not even asking about that. Nevermind then. How ganking works I've no idea either, I think you have white (goon) phantoms in your world and then lure red phantoms in and gank them? Something like that.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 22, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'll believe it when I see it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

No misunderstanding, it was a piece of text in a faq page on the official FromSoft website about DS3, even native Japanese speakers can attest that it sounds like there will be no 1v1 unless the host uses a dried finger.

And it's individual unless we set up a gank squad that sits in waiting for invaders to come, which we should, with everybody using a ring to become a white phantom :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oenis posted:

It was a misunderstanding, the whole pvp outrage from earlier today. If you're in ember form, much like human form in ds1, you can be invaded. With a dried finger additional red (and white) phantoms can spawn.

Yeah, one thing is from From's official site but translated by others, the other is word from Namco which means nothing since they told us untrue bullshit about Dks2's multiplayer when it first released. We'll only know when we get the chance to see for ourselves.

• Locked thread