Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

dude works at namco, or so reddit says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm in on this because I have a Dark Souls problem.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So wait, I'm confused, what's official word from FROM about the invasion mechanics? People are posting contradicting info in this very thread.

And, what's the deal with this weapon level invasion limiting stuff I've been hearing about?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 22, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CuddlyZombie posted:

So wait, I'm confused, what's official word from FROM about the invasion mechanics? People are posting contradicting info in this very thread.

And, what's the deal with this weapon level invasion limiting stuff I've been hearing about?

Official word from days ago on their very site is that you need to fondle the finger, crack the knuckles as a host for a 1v1 invasion play, if not using the red soapstone. Period.

Peoples hope is that it's a fuckup. Personal hope is that you have to be in a PvP covenant to be able to do 1v1 world-zone invasions via the red eye orb.

Weapon level infusion, a player taking a weapon to +5 max will most likely not be invaded by a player with a +10 weapon, something like that. Prevents +10 weapon lowlevel twinks as a goal at least. I hope to see what this means for caster builds.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

MrLonghair posted:

Official word from days ago on their very site is that you need to fondle the finger, crack the knuckles as a host for a 1v1 invasion play, if not using the red soapstone. Period.

Peoples hope is that it's a fuckup. Personal hope is that you have to be in a PvP covenant to be able to do 1v1 world-zone invasions via the red eye orb.

Weapon level infusion, a player taking a weapon to +5 max will most likely not be invaded by a player with a +10 weapon, something like that. Prevents +10 weapon lowlevel twinks as a goal at least. I hope to see what this means for caster builds.

Well, I certainly hope that isn't the case. I don't like invading myself, but I do like the idea of being a blue sentinel, and that didn't work at ALL in DS2. I'm hoping that if solo invasions become easier, then people will be more likely to be in way of blue while playing through the game normally.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Well, I certainly hope that isn't the case. I don't like invading myself, but I do like the idea of being a blue sentinel, and that didn't work at ALL in DS2. I'm hoping that if solo invasions become easier, then people will be more likely to be in way of blue while playing through the game normally.

I will probably be way of the blue all of my first playthrough.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
way of the blue has literally never worked properly for me in any souls game, on any system, at any point during the game's lifetime, ever

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

panda clue posted:

way of the blue has literally never worked properly for me in any souls game, on any system, at any point during the game's lifetime, ever

Way of the Blue has been in one game so far.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Genocyber posted:

Way of the Blue has been in one game so far.

sorry, I was thinking of the other blue phantom covenant in Dark Souls 1. I guess they served totally different purposes, but my brain mushed them together since 'blue'. Either way, I never got either of them to work :smith:. I barely got Gravelord invasions to work, but I at least got a few of those. Every other type of PVP in both DS1 and DS2 I've done ad nauseum.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

panda clue posted:

sorry, I was thinking of the other blue phantom covenant in Dark Souls 1. I guess they served totally different purposes, but my brain mushed them together since 'blue'. Either way, I never got either of them to work :smith:. I barely got Gravelord invasions to work, but I at least got a few of those.

The Darkmoons in Dark Souls were okay is you primarily used the Blue Orb. The ring invasions were a crapshoot, and they kind have always been for some reason.

The Blue Sentinel/Way of Blue protection racket thing in Dks2 was a crapshoot as well, yeah. Mainly due to the lack of invaders. So hopefully only being able to invade people with phantoms is incorrect otherwise that will again be useless.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Meatsicle posted:

You confirmed this? Did a streamer go through every menu option?

No, but all previous Souls games have been like that. I have the Japanese version of SotFS PS4 and it's like that. X/O is also the opposite of the English versions. Fromsoft are entirely Sony, Bamco handle anything localization/Xbox/PC. Something to think about.

nifty1
Feb 9, 2010
Don't use japanese amazon to purchase digital xbox gift cards. You can't purchase them without a Japanese credit card even if you use a gift card. They are region locked and require the japanese credit card to verify.

I tried to get around this by using an amazon gift card and vpn before I realized it required the japanese credit card no matter what. Now I think I'm going to be hosed because there are no returns on amazon gift cards (I requested a return anyways).

I could not find another site selling yen gift cards in the right denominations to equal 7500. They were either sold out or only sold them in 2000 and 5000. If anyone finds one post it here.

nifty1 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 23, 2016

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Megalixir posted:

No, but all previous Souls games have been like that. I have the Japanese version of SotFS PS4 and it's like that. X/O is also the opposite of the English versions. Fromsoft are entirely Sony, Bamco handle anything localization/Xbox/PC. Something to think about.

I think the hope lies in the fact that Bloodborne JP has a "standard" language option based on your console settings. I'm sure you're right though and that was Sony's doing.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

nifty1 posted:

Don't use japanese amazon to purchase digital xbox gift cards. You can't purchase them without a Japanese credit card even if you use a gift card. They are region locked and require the japanese credit card to verify.

I tried to get around this by using an amazon gift card and vpn before I realized it required the japanese credit card no matter what. Now I think I'm going to be hosed because there are no returns on amazon gift cards (I requested a return anyways).

I could not find another site selling yen gift cards in the right denominations to equal 7500. They were either sold out or only sold them in 2000 and 5000. If anyone finds one post it here.

You won't, the cheapest way of getting a Yen card is simply by having one sent physically to someone in Japan (I did this using Sofmap, 10k yen flat), and having them email you the code.

also https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kBwC75zuQ5hfvifsmHHIlszK1CRC7dmSRdCdoI5Xwd8/edit?pli=1#gid=548366882

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

nifty1 posted:

Play-asia sells codes for 3000 and 5000 yen cards. Still a bit over but not as bad otherwise.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.twitch.tv/narumi23 is back and I'm only watching because I think there's a covenant item nearby.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Direct hit system or w/e looks to be confirmed. Dude missed (a lot) with the greataxe and did no damage, but hit close enough to stagger enemies (and make skellies blow apart for a bit).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MrLonghair posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/narumi23 is back and I'm only watching because I think there's a covenant item nearby.

Hi I upgraded your Bonewheel Skeletons :allears:

nifty1
Feb 9, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Play-asia sells codes for 3000 and 5000 yen cards. Still a bit over but not as bad otherwise.

Play-asia sells PSN codes in 3000 and 5000 but only has XBOX codes in 2000 and 5000 and the 2000's are sold out.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

MrLonghair posted:

The damage grunts for this person's duder are hilarious. HRRMMUUUGGHH

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How big/active has the playerbase remained on PC versus consoles for DS2/DS? Normally I'd stick with the PC version, but I'm assuming that sales numbers for it will be a fraction of console sales, especially because it's apparently a kind of mediocre port.

That and the fact that hacking, if it is an issue, is almost certainly going to be a bigger problem for PCs as the PS4(or comedy XONE option) hasn't been cracked.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Hi I upgraded your Bonewheel Skeletons :allears:

THERE THEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE :haw: wanna make a dual bonewheel invader lowest possible level ASAP

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
:siren:BLACK IRON TARKUS:siren:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Wielding the loving FUME ULTRA GREATSWORD. Looks to have the same blocking move, too.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
maximum hype engaged

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Hunting Knight Zorigu but looking very much like our old friend Tarkus who is Tarkus in Japanese. Hmm

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Kinda lame how much that area looks like a reused Bloodborne chalice dungeon. I'm talking aesthetically, not level design or anything.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So It Goes posted:

Kinda lame how much that area looks like a reused Bloodborne chalice dungeon. I'm talking aesthetically, not level design or anything.

Eh, it looks like a mix of that, the tomb of the giants, and the catacombs, which I think is pretty rad.

Also, (enemy spoiler) skeleton bolus.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That was an awesome boss intro

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I wonder how long I can go with fire gem uchi and spells, looking at that 32+ STR greataxe streamer

New area: I think I need to visit the washroom

e: that's the boss soul that lets him make that 18/20 weapon shown by a Japanese guy on Twitter? The Artorias as gently caress sword? and he always misses seeing a certain NPC by pixels :lol:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 23, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
That zone looks gorgeous.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yo, was that Artorias' weapon, or were my eyes deceiving me?

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Snow areas are always the best. Every souls-like game from here to the end of time should be required to have at least one.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Literally Watchdog of the Old Lords. WOW

EDIT: This link has :krad: weapon spoilers, so if you don't want to know a boss weapon, don't click, but holy poo poo it's everything I wanted.
IT WON'T LET ME JUST LINK THE WEBM, GREAT JOB LOWTAX

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 23, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gologle posted:

Literally Watchdog of the Old Lords. WOW

excuse me this puppy shoots lightning

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Heavy slowass weapon (greataxe/mace) giving trouble at many points watching that stream today and oh gently caress has the damage started rolling in beginning with the previous zone. The area past the second boss is officially considered the hubworld so direct zones in connection will feel softer and easier.

e: Things look familiar and I wanna be a voice-actor like that
e: And NPC business, Yeol is dead, likely not killed on purpose considering the streamer's reactions. No hollowing, no hollow-counter active. Streamer keeps on missing seeing the place where Yuria is always

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 23, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

holy hell these fuckers that reduce your max hp just by looking at you.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The really upped the spooky factor

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Alright, created the account, got the cards, ordered the game. I'm officially in for playing this tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

With that I've seen seven out of 18 areas in the game. Feels like there's at least Bloodborne x2 worth of PvE time in there even if I think back a year to my first playthrough of BB.

New streamer starting out fresh as Assassin: https://www.twitch.tv/mtsuzuki8 unfortunately playing with the twitch chat bar streamed visible.

• Locked thread