Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you knew what I do about him, you’d run. The man killed billions.
He was always good to Zakuul.
gently caress this ham-handed bullshit, you do not get to paint Emperor Planetkiller as a morally gray figure. Keeping the space-trains running is not a valid--

This is the point where I basically went "gently caress you, first chance I get I'm dropping you off on Ziost and leaving you there to bask in what your "Good to Zakuul" emperor has been to the rest of the galaxy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is kinda... dull. (The game, not you)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Knights of the Fallen Empire Update 19: One Tiny Spark of Creativity in a Sea of Mediocrity

Click for Video

Well, that’s a boss arena if I’ve ever seen one.

Lana? Lana, come in!
Lana, I can’t hear you over how distracting Bioware’s cape physics are!
... How is it that even after five years, that City of Heroes still had better capes than this?

gently caress it. I’m just gonna run bossfight.exe or something.

Huh. It just struck me: if I lived on a station floating in a Gas Giant’s atmosphere, the last thing I’d ever want would be a glass floor.

Three… two…

One.
What did that computer console ever do to you?

Yeah we do. You really need to brush up on your assassination skills.
Let me show you how to properly stab a guy in the ba--

PTN’s note: I’m just going to cut out the fight here, since it’s another one where the actual results don’t matter.

Problem.
What?
One: I’m hovering again.
Two: I have more friends than you.

PTN’s note: During the cutscene load-in for a brief second you can see HK-55 shoot Arcann in the face. :haw:

PTN’s note: this is the only good scene in this chapter. If you choose Dark Side you get to use the Emperor’s powerful Force Storms. If you have chosen dark side options twice prior to this fight and choose light side here, the Emperor will take over your body and force you to take the Dark Side path anyway. This will sort-of redeem Koth, and you’ll never see it if you play the light-side version of the path. He will have a mini-revelation that Holy poo poo the Emperor is bad you guys. If neither of those two conditions are met…

PTN’s note: The game sort-of forgets you had your lightsaber out prior to Valkorion pausing time. gently caress.

PTN’s note: In a better game, this would be a revelatory moment for the main character, humbling them a little. Instead, it just underscores how little the player has mattered. Or, in other words…

PTN’s note: Box falls, everyone Arcann dies.

There is no… emotion, there is peace.
There is no gaping stomach wound, there is… only pain to remind me I’m still alive.

PTN’s note: I like this version of the scene, because even though we don’t get as much development out of Koth. This is the first time a TOR character other than the Agent suffers a meaningful setback. Mort’s picked up a status affliction for the rest of the map. During combat he will occasionally be stunned by pain, making fights against the fifty or so trash spawns we’ve got to wade through “harder.” Also, check out Arcann’s stellar in-combat dialogue.

C’mon, we need to get you some medical attention!
I promise I’ll only make fun… of your shuttle piloting… a little.
I promise I’ll only get a little mad.

PTN’s note: gently caress, we’re back to this. Bioware breaks so many cinematic rules just randomly swapping who’s standing on which side in this expansion. It’s always particularly egregious whenever Samara Senya and Morinth Vaylin are on screen together.

What’s so funny?
We just upstaged the Outlander, Father, and my brother!
It’s hilarious!

See? Told you I wouldn’t crash this one!
Wait… wait for it.

There it goes.
That doesn’t count, I wasn’t flying it at the time!
You were the… last one… to touch it. It counts.

SCORPIO! Get us in the sky!

PTN’s note: Still a Volus.

Most of… them… are JPEGs.
Arcann’s been… outsourcing… to Chris Roberts…

The Omnicannon isn’t ready, we can’t shoot our way out….
I know….
Enemy ships are opening fire.
I know!
gently caress this.

Lana.
Yes?
Prior to… today. Has anyone ever… tried… just shooting… the Eternal Fleet? With actual… guns… I mean?

gently caress.
Get us out of here, Edi.

Why did that work?

This might just be the gut-wound talking, but I hate all of you.

She’s holding together nicely, Captain.
The Gravestone suffered minor hull damage. This would have been avoided had I been allowed full access to the mainframe.
Minor hull damage… or you commanding an unstoppable alien warship? Decisions, decisions.
Why can’t you spiritualists tolerate synth rights?

You have no idea how tempting the [Force Choke] option here is.
It’s not as bad as it looks.
You look like a hard-boiled flatcake dropped on a kitchen floor.
Those words… didn’t…

mean… anythi…

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Occasionally I like to imagine KOTET as a better game.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
I would count the Jedi Knight's brief fall after the failed attempt at the Emperor's life a meaningful setback but then again you never saw any of that besides Biowate telling you that you were totally evil, believe me!!!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
This is the one use of Valkorion's power I personally support so far, if only to gently caress with Prince Daddy Issues.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
There's a couple of times in KotFE where they tease you with Arcann's death, which is really annoying. He's such a bland excuse for a villain, unexpectedly killing him off early in the arc would be the most interesting thing they could have done with him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does this get any better?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Does this get any better?

It does eventually end, yes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
These scripted cutscenes fights are mildly amusing if you're a non-Force class. Instead of a drawn-out lightsaber duel, your character just pulls out a pistol and shoots the opponent a whole lot until they finally get a shot past the saber.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Cythereal posted:

These scripted cutscenes fights are mildly amusing if you're a non-Force class. Instead of a drawn-out lightsaber duel, your character just pulls out a pistol and shoots the opponent a whole lot until they finally get a shot past the saber.

Fuuuuuuuuck this really should have been a standalone game.

I'm pretty sure I raised this in the main thread during my last brief relapse on playing this game, but TOR is crying out to be remade into a single player RPG. Instead of companion characters, run it like this LP: each main character is a member of the party, and they do. cool things together. It would work so much better. That way, you'd avoid dumb poo poo like the above quote.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Coq au Nandos posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck this really should have been a standalone game.

It's already a standalone game. They call it Mass Effect 2.

Our next companion is Jack, btw. Spoilers.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Man, those grunts of pain are particularly bad.

More importantly, dark sider or not, the Sith Warrior is still a follower of the Sith philosophy, right? If you're already fueled by rage, it doesn't make sense that you'd get stronger from the anger of seeing a companion "die," as the cutscene seems to imply. On that note, was that really the end of HK-55?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Okay, so, PTN, do you actually LIKE this game or are you doing this out of masochism?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Siegkrow posted:

Okay, so, PTN, do you actually LIKE this game or are you doing this out of masochism?

Masochism, morbid curiosity, and Episode 13.

I don't hate TOR, but KotFE actually suffers from its episodic format. It's pretty clear most of Episodes 1-9 were written and released with no idea where the plot was going to end up and that the writing staff wasn't on the same page, which is why the Knights of Zakuul are occasionally treated very respectfully and occasionally get chumped en masse by Koth (sometimes in the same chapter).

It's very rough around the edges and a lot of what happens is absolutely hilarious if you're not one of the force-classes.

Mort's probably going to be choosing more Dark Side options too as the frustration of not being able to do anything starts to get to him. :haw:

Edit: I may also replay this chapter so you can see how the dark side version of the scene plays out. I haven't decided yet, but it wouldn't be a bad time investment since I have to replay Chapter 9 anyway.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 5, 2017

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Also, is nobody going to comment on Mort wearing Lana's old clothes?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Siegkrow posted:

Also, is nobody going to comment on Mort wearing Lana's old clothes?

He painted them red first.

I pick things that have a tendency to screw up in cutscenes I don't like. Bioware tends to teleport the player model around which means capes (and hair) do weird things whenever the player is forcibly moved.

Lana's cape is very "stiff" so I was not expecting that cape to gently caress-up in such a fantastically drama-ruining fashion, but I'll take it.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 5, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, phew. Here I thought Arcann might die from having stuff dumped on him. Not even the bad guy in an 80's movie goes out that way.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I may also replay this chapter so you can see how the dark side version of the scene plays out. I haven't decided yet, but it wouldn't be a bad time investment since I have to replay Chapter 9 anyway.

I'd appreciate this, as it sounds like the first time in awhile there's a significant divergence in the narrative based on your actions. You piqued my interest in that apparently Pops does something so horrible that it converts Koth in 20 seconds.
Plus, (While I think it might be impossible for Mort to get now going of the LP alone?) while you comment on the lightside result being a sobering moment for the PC loosing to Archan; having your past decisions result in you actually loosing control of your Avatar and having Pops forcibly take over, could be a sobering moment for the player too. Er, if it was handled well so... er... eh?

How long is the plot point of the previous leader of Zakul or w/e its called, being a nice guy, until suddenly he wasn't, whilst you're currently under possession by a ghost yourself going to be left a 'mystery' before they connect the dots?

I'd actually recalled hearing this expansion was were Biowear finally brought their A game in terms of storytelling? Maybe I'm just muddling that thought with where they just converted it to a single player campaign like story though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Paused posted:

I'd actually recalled hearing this expansion was were Biowear finally brought their A game in terms of storytelling? Maybe I'm just muddling that thought with where they just converted it to a single player campaign like story though.

A lot of people do like KOTFE, which personally baffled me from the word go. I think Fallen Empire has a lot of good ideas, the core elements of the Eternal Empire are interesting (Zakuulians live in a complete utopia, yet many rebel just for the sake of having a bit of pain and chaos in their lives because utopia is boring), and in theory there's some good group chemistry with conflicting viewpoints between Lana, Koth, and Senya.

Fallen Empire was to me also an intensely baffling decision from the premise of it. I don't dislike the idea of it, but inserting it as an expansion to effectively reboot the setting struck me as a weird decision that smacks of Bioware deciding it was too complicated to try to wrangle the Imperial and Republic sides and all eight player characters and all their different takes and choices and complexities moving forward. Unsurprising, perhaps, given how ambitious the core game of TOR was, but also disappointing.

Making 90% of KOTFE a linear corridor crawl filled with skytroopers and knights did not help.

Still, I maintain there are good ideas here, there's some good art design (I do love the design of the Knights of Zakuul with their lighthalberds and shields, always struck me as distinctly Classical Greek and sword-and-sandals in space isn't at all a bad hook for Star Wars), and there's good music in places.

I haven't bought the second Zakuul expansion, though, so I'll be very curious how that plays out.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
They really started to loose me when Poptarts hit the sewer stage and he had to find 'the lady of Sorrows' (Who'd I guessed was a returning character, but was hoping for Vette...) which consisted of following a breadcrumb trail of npcs who get killed by the time you meet the person they directed you too.
I'm not sure what would be worse; that clan who worshiped Snakes to be introduced to immediately be rendered irrelevant, or they'll pop back up. To say Snakes should rule.

I dunno; there seems to be some potentially good stuff in here. The possession bit is novel, and the party dynamic of 'everyone hates one another' could be ok depending on how it goes. I like the Senya going against her family bit in theory... It's just; everything feels flat?

Not sure I've figured out why; I'm no writer. I think its just Zakull itself? It feels like a Sonic the Hedgehog Fan created character thats a civilization rather than a re colour of Shadow. It's a perfect civilization, but its not, and its all conquering despite the fact its never apparently tried to conquer anything.

Maybe it's just the episodic nature of this expansion. In the first threads the LP'ers could just gently caress of to wherever to just dick around. My fave updates were just when a couple of players met up and pissed each other off. Which is impossible here.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Paused posted:

They really started to loose me when Poptarts hit the sewer stage and he had to find 'the lady of Sorrows' (Who'd I guessed was a returning character, but was hoping for Vette...) which consisted of following a breadcrumb trail of npcs who get killed by the time you meet the person they directed you too.
I'm not sure what would be worse; that clan who worshiped Snakes to be introduced to immediately be rendered irrelevant, or they'll pop back up. To say Snakes should rule.

I dunno; there seems to be some potentially good stuff in here. The possession bit is novel, and the party dynamic of 'everyone hates one another' could be ok depending on how it goes. I like the Senya going against her family bit in theory... It's just; everything feels flat?

Not sure I've figured out why; I'm no writer. I think its just Zakull itself? It feels like a Sonic the Hedgehog Fan created character thats a civilization rather than a re colour of Shadow. It's a perfect civilization, but its not, and its all conquering despite the fact its never apparently tried to conquer anything.

Maybe it's just the episodic nature of this expansion. In the first threads the LP'ers could just gently caress of to wherever to just dick around. My fave updates were just when a couple of players met up and pissed each other off. Which is impossible here.

Here's the thing: Zakuul would be awesome if it was the actual Big Bad alluded to in KOTOR 1 and 2. Unfortunately, because TOR had to emulate WoW, we got a dumb Sith Empire in conflict with the Republic, followed by a weird new Empire in the expansion.

Coming back to my fantasy single player RPG remake from last night, what if the game started with your party (Let's say Theron the Smuggler, Lana Beniko the Sith Lord, Kira Carsen the Jedi and 4X the amazing Republic Propaganda War Droid) get thrown together by Plot Device and travel to the distant and mysterious Empire of Zakuul, where they met Revan and the Exile and the Knight Plot happens pretty much beat for beat, ending with the Emperor 'dying' and bits of the KOTET plot kicking off from there.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I will say the second half is feeling a lot more promising. The next chapter is very short, I'm probably going to be cutting out the busywork recruiting (I'll still do some of it but fuuuuuck getting Bowdaar), and then (minor spoilers, breaking my own policy) the next chapter after that is one everyone hates which I am going to do my damnedest to sell you on because they actually put things together and something meaningful came of it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Having watched the story itself only, are you going to do some sort of recap on getting the old peeps back (Bowdaar among others as you said) or integrate them into Mort's narrative?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I will say the second half is feeling a lot more promising. The next chapter is very short, I'm probably going to be cutting out the busywork recruiting (I'll still do some of it but fuuuuuck getting Bowdaar), and then (minor spoilers, breaking my own policy) the next chapter after that is one everyone hates which I am going to do my damnedest to sell you on because they actually put things together and something meaningful came of it.

Maybe it's because Sorceror's are broken but getting Bowdaar was not too bad for me. Is that something you can do with multiple people or solo only?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Catsworth posted:

Maybe it's because Sorceror's are broken but getting Bowdaar was not too bad for me. Is that something you can do with multiple people or solo only?

It's more than Marauders are kinda poo poo solo without the healer companion, and several of the bosses need you to bring a tank.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's more than Marauders are kinda poo poo solo without the healer companion, and several of the bosses need you to bring a tank.

I found Bowdaar easy enough to get by doing the first five or so guys (up through the vindicator guy with the droids), leaving, and starting over again. Only took an hour or so of grinding on my agent.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm also a bad.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cythereal posted:

I found Bowdaar easy enough to get by doing the first five or so guys (up through the vindicator guy with the droids), leaving, and starting over again. Only took an hour or so of grinding on my agent.

Fortunately going in a group also counts for Bowdaar, and since the encounters don't get re-tuned at all from the single player versions the fights become hilariously easy to beat with even one extra PC + companion joining in.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I liked the tournament, it's about the only part of TOR that doesn't fall into the usual MMO trap of deciding that only group content is allowed to be even remotely complicated. Sure, it's just cloning wow's Brawler's Guild, but still as fun as fighting things gets and about the only hard thing I've done in the game since doing the final Jedi Knight story fight two weeks after release¹.

¹ Said fight gave a huge sense of satisfaction at the time as an appropriate cap to the plot, but it was goddamn brutal. The final story mission for the Jedi Knight is a very, very long assault on Dromund Kaas, culminating in a climactic fight with the emperor which I don't believe the LP ever did because R'andayn ended up burning out on Correlia. The only companion you could bring was T7, who was your ranged tank companion and so generally had no gear because ranged tanks are bad (which was unfortunate, since T7 and 4X were the best of robot sidekicks). The emperor had things like casts that you must interrupt or be instantly killed and generally very murdery on anyone pre raidgear, which at the time was everyone. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, especially for people who always ran with a healer companion.

Most people ended up cheesing him with fall damage -- you could kite him to a pit and force push him in so he died, which is honestly kind of Star Wars-appropriate for evil emperors -- but he was legit beatable in the initial gear if you knew what was coming and spent some of the Corellia commendations gearing up T7, although it would probably take a few tries. It was a great cap to the most overt Big drat Hero plotline the release game if you were prepared/good/lucky enough and won, and a miserable anticlimax if you just got repeatedly smashed into the ground so they nerfed the hell out of it a bit later. It's nice that the game has something like it again, just significantly less plot mandatory.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Xerophyte posted:

I liked the tournament, it's about the only part of TOR that doesn't fall into the usual MMO trap of deciding that only group content is allowed to be even remotely complicated. Sure, it's just cloning wow's Brawler's Guild, but still as fun as fighting things gets and about the only hard thing I've done in the game since doing the final Jedi Knight story fight two weeks after release¹.

¹ Said fight gave a huge sense of satisfaction at the time as an appropriate cap to the plot, but it was goddamn brutal. The final story mission for the Jedi Knight is a very, very long assault on Dromund Kaas, culminating in a climactic fight with the emperor which I don't believe the LP ever did because R'andayn ended up burning out on Correlia. The only companion you could bring was T7, who was your ranged tank companion and so generally had no gear because ranged tanks are bad (which was unfortunate, since T7 and 4X were the best of robot sidekicks). The emperor had things like casts that you must interrupt or be instantly killed and generally very murdery on anyone pre raidgear, which at the time was everyone. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, especially for people who always ran with a healer companion.

Most people ended up cheesing him with fall damage -- you could kite him to a pit and force push him in so he died, which is honestly kind of Star Wars-appropriate for evil emperors -- but he was legit beatable in the initial gear if you knew what was coming and spent some of the Corellia commendations gearing up T7, although it would probably take a few tries. It was a great cap to the most overt Big drat Hero plotline the release game if you were prepared/good/lucky enough and won, and a miserable anticlimax if you just got repeatedly smashed into the ground so they nerfed the hell out of it a bit later. It's nice that the game has something like it again, just significantly less plot mandatory.

They patched that fight by the time I finished my JK so that just before the Emperor, you could loot a dead droid of a full set of endgame gear. Now, of course, you can just set T7 to heal and mash your 17 attack buttons.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Is that "dead droid" before or after (IIRC) the puzzle that had T7 gear? I started playing long enough after and never finished JK to top it off.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

GuyUpNorth posted:

Is that "dead droid" before or after (IIRC) the puzzle that had T7 gear? I started playing long enough after and never finished JK to top it off.

I don't remember a puzzle, I'm fairly sure I just right clicked on a droid corpse.

Also, wait - this thread never saw the climax to the Jedi story?

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 8, 2017

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I think the last tie Rand'ayn posted was two threads ago?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Knights of the Fallen Empire Update 20: Uselessness, Pontification, & Drinking

Click for Video

Koth tried teaching me sabacc again. Still hate the game.
What happened while I was out?
The Gravestone is safe, but I lost some crew back on Asylum.
Didn’t happen on camera, didn’t happen.
If Senya hadn’t saved the day, it would’ve been a lot worse. Len can’t stop thanking her. It’s gotten embarrassing.
I still don’t trust Senya, but she was there when it mattered.

Oh, goodie. The traitor’s here.
To whom are you referring?
Both of you. Thanks for throwing me into that pole, Senya. Thanks for hitting me with that shuttle, SCORPIO.
You’re welcome.

Arcann destroyed his body. Completely. But if his personality matrix was copied to a memory core….
It wasn’t. He always said he didn’t want to live forever.
The HK unit was an inferior design. It was always destined to become scrap.

Calm down, Lana. You’re making Andromeda faces.
Lana told us this all started when Heskal summoned you.
Heskal’s dead. He’s the one who brought Arcann to Asylum. Said it was destiny.
And the other Scions?

Well?

He claimed they’re still on our side. They’ll find us when the time’s right.
With allies like them, we don’t need enemies.
I swear I’m going to execute the next person who says “fate” or “destiny” in my presence.
If we’re done depressing each other, how about sharing the good news?
The Battle of Asylum showed the galaxy Zakuul isn’t invincible. My--
How the hell did it do that?
No comment.
My contacts in the Core Worlds have thrown their support behind us. Behind you.
You’re about to become the leader of an alliance dedicated to bringing down the Eternal Throne once and for all.
That’s… a bad idea.

Here we go again….
Shut up, C3P0.

I don’t suppose anyone has a spare robe? This one has a hole in it.

I handpicked it myself. We’ll be safe.
Are we sure it’s wise to leave SCORPIO in control of the bridge?
Got the ship locked down. She can’t go anywhere without my approval.
It will take her approximately “I did it two days ago” to break your encryptions, Koth. That’s precisely why we can trust her with the bridge.
I don’t follow.
If she was going to take the Gravestone she’d have done it already.

I hope you’re right.
So why this world?
Because it sounds like ‘Odyssey’ and Bioware’s writers aren’t very creative.
Remote, unsettled… and strong in the Force. But unlike Korriban or Tython, Odessen is altogether balanced.
Something something something shades of gray. Bioware really needs to stick to binary good or evil, nuance is a bit out of their league at the moment.
How did you find it?
I’ve always had a strong affinity with the Force. It’s what set me on this path to begin with, led me to forge a certain alliance all those years ago.

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Whatever you say.
Show them what you’re made of.
I nearly did just that last chapter.
Turns out I’m fallible and made of flesh and blood.
It was a big shock for me, too.

*cough*
*cough cough*
The galaxy as we knew it is gone.
The institutions we know have fallen. But we can’t let that be a source of panic or defeat.
We have an opportunity to build something together--an alliance each of us can be vested in.

It’s less foreboding than I expected.
Theron Shan.
Hadn’t seen you in a while. Wasn’t sure you’d remember me.

Good. Wasn’t sure, based on what Lana said you went through. What you’re going through.
You have no idea.
Been a long five years. Feels like everything’s changed.

Since I left the SIS, Lana’s brought me in to manage operations. But before we get into all the more-or-less official stuff, I’ve got something for you.

Needs work! A lot of work!
When you have a moment, it’s time for that official stuff. I’ll be inside.

I’m just “company” now, am I?
Need some help?
With Arcann’s battle stations? We will--soon as we understand them.
We’re building a healthy alliance, but it’s not enough. The Core Worlds are still under threat of Arcann’s considerable reach.
I’ve assembled a team of specialists to help tackle the big questions and find potential recruits.
A group of people to give me trash jobs and help me get companions like Lt. Pierce back. Woo.

I was wondering who the first Steve Blum on the team would be.

What about--
Republic’s. Greatest. Outlaw. Hero.
Sure.

gently caress you for reminding me Voss exists. Now I want one of the Actually Sympathetic Gormak to be one of my companions.

If I may be so bold, I would ask a favor of you. I have my trained eye on a promising recruit. A Gand, of all creatures.
If you’d like to go over the details, you may find me in my splendid new laboratory.
So that’s the team. Any questions?
Where are you, Vette?
What?

A pleasure to meet in person.
Good luck out there.
Thanks for dropping in.
Oh, yeah. Sure.
No problem.

I’ll drink to the second part.

PTN’s note: And Treek was never seen again. :saddowns:
What’s she saying?
I think she says she’d rather be hunting instead of drinking.

Do you even recall the last time we relaxed?
I can. It was two-point-six million years ago, and Senya was still a jerk.
And to think I was going to sing for you all tonight.
You were what? Oh, come on, I have got to hear this.

Theron. You can’t let the weight of the galaxy rest on your shoulders all the time.
That’s why Wrath’s here!
Isn’t that why you talked me into coming here? To lighten your load?
I brought you here because you’re good.
Hey, look who it is. Don’t worry, we didn’t really start without you.

Do you really think I’m that dull?
Should I tell the truth?
Lie. Lie, lie, lie.
Ah, don’t listen to them.

So.
I think I’ll go--
Yeah. Yeah, of course. See you later.

Yep.

What I suspected when we aligned with Theron, Satele and Darth Marr has borne out.
The Empire has all-but fallen, the people I care about are scattered to the four winds—or dead—the greatest heroes of the age have vanished into Zakuulan carbon-chambers or worse.
And through it all, I find myself wondering: why am I even here?

I may have initiated events, but they would never have coalesced without you.
I should be dead inside a metal tomb right now. You were determined to break me out.
You put together a team of skilled companions and you got things done. You didn’t need me for that, and you don’t need me for this.
No, that’s not… The truth was right in front of me but I didn’t want to believe it.
I thought you were the only one to stop Arcann simply due to your capabilities, but now I see.

Yes. I’m sure I have a “buzz” to kill.

Are you kidding me?
Look at my serious face. You tell me if I’m lying.
Oh, man. Such a Lana thing to do.
I know! Isn’t it?
What are you two discussing?
Nothing. Definitely not anything about any abductions on Rishi.
Nice to see you two could bond over something.
Although I admit I’d prefer if it hadn’t been ‘how much Lana has screwed us over.’
Hey, have you seen Senya? Has anyone seen Senya?
Koth, she’s not hunting you anymore. You’re going to have to trust her eventually.
You can’t make someone forget their past just like that. Give him time.
Fair enough….
Crew needs to be back to work in an hour. That should be fun.
I need to schedule some meetings.
Reminds me of my advisor days.
Reminds me that none of you want to stick around to socialize with me.
I’ll go see about Senya.
I think she’s outside.
Oh, so you did know where she was.
Tell her I said… sorry if I made her leave for some reason.
Tora! Len! Let’s go, you miserable lightweights!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I hate this new crew

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I see they took a bit of inspiration from Inquisition to write this

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Except with the PC being a nonentity.

It's not a bad setup in theory, but yeah Lana and Venya are the ones doing 90% of the stuff that gets done in the expansion.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
If this wasn't an MMO, the carbon freezing followed by a series of close calls and miracles and the ghost dad gives this "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I like Tora and Len. They are terribly in over their heads.

• Locked thread