Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Cythereal posted:

An interesting note about this story arc: after the girl on Republic Makeb and guy on Imperial Makeb, Lana Beniko (the blonde Sith lady) and Theron Shan are TOR's first proper bisexual romance options. Knights of the Fallen Empire adds another bisexual male option, but Lana remains the one and only LGB love interest for women in the entire game unless you count that Republic-only girl from Makeb.

Lana and Theron and their respective romance arcs are also actually interesting and believably written, especially compared to that one girl and that one guy whose names we've already forgotten and can't be arsed to look up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 5:

You’re being unusually quiet today, my lord.
I’m unusually angry today, captain.

Click for Video

They’re injured--some of them seriously--but they’re able to walk, at least. Your orders?
They’re in no shape to fight. Find them someplace where they can recover.
Yes, of course. I’ll see to it personally.
Move out, cowards! Now!
That was not a euphemism meaning “murder them and dump their bodies in a ditch.”
O-oh.

Captain.
My lord?
Why is the Empire so full of idiots?

Jedi wielding Force Lightning are on Korriban and the K’lor’slugs are more capable of stopping them than our own soldiers.
Speaking of which.

Hey, big guy.
Remember me?

I’m afraid that’s a ‘yes.’

Aww, who’s a good little monstrosity?

You are!

And here I was hoping for something interesting.

Where’s the substance?

A forcefield.

Where’s the style?

Oh, right.

I’m already here.

Boo.

Oh hey.

Those are some awfully evil cybernetics for a Jedi.

I don’t envy you right now. I don’t know what I’d do if I saw the academy in the enemy’s hands.
Giggle maliciously?
Encrypted transmissions have been traced back to the Dark Council Chambers. That must be where Republic command is operating from.
We hope you don’t find any Dark Council members up there. Captured or dead: either would be a gross humiliation.

They’ve done a real number on this place.
Who has?
The Republic?
What?
No.

It always looked like this.

Well, except there’re fewer corpses, I guess.

But at the rate we’re going--

--it’ll feel home-y again in no time.

Oh, poo poo! You’re Very Obviously Steve Blum!
I knew I should’ve waited for Atronie, she could’ve brought Andronikos and we could’ve had our Steve Blum fight their Steve Blum!
Companions don’t get any dialogue in these flashpoints anyway.
Oh. poo poo. No harm done then.

So it’s happening. I didn’t think I’d have served my purpose so soon.
What are you going on about? What purpose?
We believe in a cause worth protecting--worth dying for. Let’s find out if you can say the same.
I can’t. I have a cause worth living for.

Click for Video

Tell me what you know.
No point threatening a dead man, Sith….
Threatening?
You broke Atronie’s chair. So believe me when I say:
this was mercy.

It’s a start. As long as we follow it up with “but next flashpoint, we’re killing every idiot who let this happen.”
I’ll see what I can do.

This Jedi commander--he said some odd things….
Plus, I don’t think this was the work of any Steve Blum character. No, this was the smuggler’s doing.
I’m sure Darth Arkous would like to hear about it. He’s eager to offer up his congratulations in person.
:jerkbag:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Look at her face in that last screenshot. The thirst is real.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
My personal favorite ending choice (though wildly out of character for Mort) is telling the dying Jedi boss to just shut up already and stomp on his face to kill him.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I feel a touch silly asking questions about Jensyn now as if he was going to be an actual character rather than just some nobody to pop up once each story to offer up vague forshadowy dialogue before dying.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Paused posted:

I feel a touch silly asking questions about Jensyn now as if he was going to be an actual character rather than just some nobody to pop up once each story to offer up vague forshadowy dialogue before dying.

Better questions would be about Darth Arkous and Colonel Darok, but they're likewise made up for this story arc.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"It's all happening, and you can't stop it."

Got top marks on generic platitudes, did we?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's the Reapers.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's the Reapers.

It totally is.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Smuggler Shadows of Revan Update 3: Homecoming

If this ravine is as close as they could drop us, the temple must be heavily entrenched.

Master, are you… feeling okay?

Give your teacher a little breathing room on this one.

The Imps have these woods tied down with artillery. What’s the call?

I sense… transmitters, being used by spotters. Opposite ends of the Gnarls.

Then we’ve got something to aim for. Think maybe that ravine leads around the outside?

No. We go straight through.

Whew, yeah, that… that’s pretty busted. One transmitter down.

The Empire built it through one of the old holoprojectors. They predate the Republic. This is... mindless destruction.

We did just raze Korriban.

We didn't destroy the Sith's history with it.

Not for lack of trying.

Slow down, Jolune! They’re dug in and your sidekick’s falling behind!

I’m not a sidekick!

*BOOM!*

Well, they’re not calling down any more artillery. So we won’t burn, at least.

The front-line commander must be nearby. We should not advance on the Temple without securing the rear.

Heh, securing the - nope, not the time.

So, you’re the tactical one, huh?

The Captain prefers to focus on morale and public relations.

That speeder station controls access to the temple. The commander is there.

Should you be... glowing like that?

Glowing like what?

Eh, nevermind.

You must be the ones who killed my men! I’m Major Travik.

Major Tragic? Man, that's unfortunate. You have my sympathy.

No, I... what? Shut up!

Less talking, more fighting!

Haven’t heard that in a while.

[Travik's functionally identical to Major Imos, who Mort fought back on page 1.

That's the depressing thing about these flashpoints- they're completely identical for both Republic and Empire except for the play order and enemy skins.]

Watch your back with these commandos! They’re dropping in from all over.

*whump*

Eesh. I don't think the human body should do that.

The enemy commander is dead. The outskirts are secure.

Right. Good. Good job, everyone.

This oughta clear any shields they’ve thrown up between here and the temple. The Sith’ll be off Tython in no time.

You holding up, Jo?

Take a look at this.

Just on the other side of that valley is the landing pad where I first arrived on Tython, a long time ago.

They were built into ruins that date back to the founding of the Jedi Order. Now look at them.

Yeah, the Empire's really ruined those... ruins. Um.

Hey, we took back my homeworld together, we can take back yours too.

This isn't my homeworld, but... Forget it, let’s keep moving.

Look out! Imps must’ve brought this ugly-looking guy too.

Actually, he’s local.

So that’s the Jedi temple? Funny, thought it’d be bigger.

It’s actually a lot bigger on the inside. A lot of it’s just-

I'll give you the tour afterwards. Come on!

So maybe Akavi and I should sneak up while you - woah!

No time. We’ll fight head-on.

Nyeah! You don’t have to blow up the turret! Especially while we’re standing right next to it! Just shut it down!

Yes, that… might have been overkill.

Now all we need to do is clear out these weird droids.

Wait, I recognize this...

Those droids belonged to Master Dentiri! What did you do with him?

Use your imagination, Jedi!

[Lieutenant Kreshin summons droids and stealths herself periodically, which makes this fight drag out wayyyy too long.]

...And she’s dead. Droids are all busted too.

Then let’s get this over with.

To be continued!

New Codex Entries:
(been a while since we last had these!)

Taking the Sith Academy posted:

To disrupt the path of Sith apprentices hoping to one day become Dark Lords, even if it’s for a moment, would be seen as a victory to many. But the true value of capturing the Sith Academy lies within the restricted halls and chambers of the Dark Council.

Though Sith are known to destroy sources of information in order to obfuscate the truth, the Emperor had accumulated a vast repository of arcane and taboo knowledge which is now believed to be curated by the Dark Council. This “dark library” could potentially be used to serve the Republic’s interests instead of the Empire’s–if administered with great caution.

The Empire on Tython posted:

Not long ago, a vengeful Sith Lord attempted to obliterate Tython–and nearly succeeded. Ever since, protecting the Jedi Order’s home from further incursion has been of paramount concern to the Republic. That an Imperial invasion force has slipped through Tython’s new, heightened security architecture points to some unsettling possibilities.

The Empire’s presence on Tython could be accounted for by flawed security design, which would make similar exploits throughout Republic space likely. And while reports from SIS show that Imperial Intelligence has been gutted, this breach could mean the Empire has rebuilt the agency–or that it still has loyal assets within the Republic. Whatever their advantage, the odds that it will persist are strong

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Finally, an Imperial Officer takes Mort's advice from way back and just tries hitting her problems with a stick.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Unfortunately, as you can tell from the same image, the Republic's already headhunted the Empire's best stick-hit contractor.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Unfortunately, as you can tell from the same image, the Republic's already headhunted the Empire's best stick-hit contractor.

Counterpoint!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. The rank-and-file troops on either side are just... identical? Well, I suppose there are only so many mechanically distinct variations on "dude with gun".

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The troopers and Force users being mirrors is kind of eh, but I actually like that the lieutenant who replaces the Jedi Master for that boss fight has hacked their training droids to attack the very Jedi who trained with them. It feels like they could've done more like that to twist the knife a bit to emphasize the place some of the heroes figuratively grew up in is trashed. For example, while we just saw a few Flesh Raiders we won't see anything about the Twi'lek pilgrims.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

The troopers and Force users being mirrors is kind of eh, but I actually like that the lieutenant who replaces the Jedi Master for that boss fight has hacked their training droids to attack the very Jedi who trained with them. It feels like they could've done more like that to twist the knife a bit to emphasize the place some of the heroes figuratively grew up in is trashed. For example, while we just saw a few Flesh Raiders we won't see anything about the Twi'lek pilgrims.

I'd imagine one reason they didn't address the Twi'lek pilgrims is because Imperial Agents know the matriarch is a leading member of the Star Cabal. That's a can of worms I don't think they want to touch.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Smuggler Shadows of Revan Update 4: Unspeakable

It’s worse than I thought.

Sorry you’ve got to see it this way.

They even crashed the D12. A giant polyhedron that never hurt anyone.

Just one Sith, though - maybe we already beat most of them outside?

Another lesson, Nadia - there’s always more Sith.

A lot more! Thanks for the assist.

Someone has to keep you alive.

Sensors show some kind of shielding around the Jedi Temple Library - the Imps must be up to something in there. Track the shield power back to its source and shut it down, then see what’s going on.

The library! We need to hurry!

Is there a plan?

Charge!

The emergency power generators are in here, beneath the Order's magic 8-ball.

It would be faster to destroy them.

Hey, the Jedi are looking at a steep enough repair bill as-is.

Here they come.

Whoever’s leading this attack is just on the other side of this gate. If you’ve got any last suggestions...

What do we do if it’s the Emperor’s Wrath? Are we going to fight him?

...I am a member of the Council, and the Barsen'thor of the Order. I have a duty.

Is that a yes?

Open the gate, Captain.

Huh?

It's Goh time!

:sigh:

[Goh will occasionally drop rocks on everyone, which do a ton of damage. He can also leech power from the holocrons around the room to strengthen himself, which is solved by destroying the holocron before he finishes. So much for preserving Jedi artifacts.]

Nngh!

He’s drawing power from the library’s holocrons! We have to stop him!

How?

Violence, Nadia!

Oh, right!

Ruergh!

Was he supposed to be a new Emperor’s Wrath?

Apart from his whole silent treatment shtick not fitting the job description? Not a chance. I’d have heard if that job changed hands. Uh, not that I’m keeping tabs.

So, who was he? What was the Empire after?

Who knows? Not like they left any witnesses.

...I may have one.

One what?

A witness. Someone who was present throughout, and whose judgment I mostly trust. Myself.

Oookay, you lost me.

How much do you know about holocrons, Captain?

I know a guy who moves Jedi memorabilia in bulk, but even he’d have trouble flipping this whole lib - ah, I’m guessing that’s not what you meant.

A holocron is... well, this holocron is like... a little piece of me in a box.

What, like a finger or something?

Oh, for the love of... No, Quentine, not like a finger or something. More like a... memory. An old self.

Hello me.

Ø×±»«¢!

What’s, uh, ‘she’ saying?

...Everything I needed to hear. Come on, we need to sound the all-clear.

There's a comm station in the table.

Looks deserted. Not even booby-trapped.

This isn’t how I imagined my first visit to the Jedi Council chambers was going to go.

Running a bit ahead of schedule, are we? No matter. You can have your little temple back, if you like. I’m done with it.

You have an interesting view on the situation. You realize your attack failed, don’t you?

Failed? Really? *Click*

My men have finished securing the lower levels. Even captured a few prisoners.

Keep the prisoners under guard until the SIS can round them up for questioning.

Gladly. Get those scumbags out of here!

They won’t know any more about the raid’s real goal than we did on Korriban.

Wait, what?

Guess it’s all cleanup from here. Gonna be a pretty major job, too…

What next time? Next time the Jedi Order almost gets destroyed?

Hey, the way this war's going... you never know, right?

:catstare:

Sorry, that was... er... T-the fleet shuttle's here!

One interminably awkward journey to the Republic Fleet later...

...So Jensyn and everyone else on the Korriban raid didn’t make it out either?

Convenient that the first-hand witnesses to both attacks have all been killed. Apart from ourselves.

More Jedi and Sith died in these raids than from whole campaigns, but neither side is any better off. Isn't it strange?

This could have been much worse. Thanks to you, the enemy has only bloodied our noses - and hardened our resolve.

The timing of this attack - just as we made our own assault on Korriban? It’s too much to be a coincidence.

It’s possible the enemy’s intelligence isn’t the shambles we were led to believe. I’m sure the SIS will determine how this slip-up happened.

Yes. We will.

The medal of valor. No commendation this prestigious has ever been awarded this quickly; the Chancellor was truly impressed. As am I. Congratulations.

The timing of the attacks, Colonel - and the message from that Sith lord. We have to find out what really happened here.

We will. But you’ve done more than enough for one day.

Now then: I’ve been tasked with organizing the Tython cleanup, and I want to be sure the Jedi Council knows they have our full support. If you’ll excuse me.

You're not excused. I am a member of the Jedi Council, and I am not feeling fully supported.

Sorry, but I assumed the Council would be more concerned with rebuilding right now. A full inquiry into this incident will be carried out, in time. By professionals.

”Professionals”? Listen here, buddy-

No, Quentine, let it go. We're done here.

So, are we going for drinks?

Eugh, not right now. A walk might clear our heads a little.

I know a hangar with a good view.

On the lower decks...

It doesn't take a Jedi Master to tell Darok is hiding something.

Do you think he was working for the Sith who phoned in? Darth Smug Hangup?

Even Sith would balk at the idea of sacking their own academy. Well, most Sith. Although, if someone were playing both sides...

Great, another pan-galactic conspiracy to take down. When do we start?

...Darok was right about one thing.

I can’t avoid my responsibilities as a Council member to go chase mysteries. Not now. The temple's in ruins, countless Jedi killed... I need to help rebuild.

So what, you’re going to let Darth Slick get away with it?

Oh, I'm sure I can count on the good citizens of the Republic to resolve this crisis. A particular good citizen comes to mind.

Was that an official job offer from the galaxy's most venerable Jedi under the age of thirty?

Heh...

...Be careful on this one, Quentine.

There is no need to worry about the Captain. He may conduct himself like a clumsy fool, but he offsets this with incredible dumb luck.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, horns.

And don’t worry about me, I think I’ve got a hunch on how to get started...

...Maybe with a friendly drink?

What?

That was the hunch. A friendly drink, like Theron was hinting at earlier?

You mentioned your hunch fifteen minutes ago. We crossed the whole station.

Look, just… let me handle this one.

Currently acting as emissary to the Drayvos League. Nowhere near Tython.

We aren’t exactly close; the Jedi don’t much care for family dynamics. Doesn’t mean I can’t check up on her though.

If you’re her son, why weren’t you raised as a Jedi?

I was, actually. But I don’t have their particular talent, so I found… other employment. Honestly, I’d say things have worked out just fine.

Most people don’t have “interplanetary super-spy” as their backup career. Do you enjoy it?

Sometimes, but you end up dealing with a lot of lies in this business.

But the real question is, are you going to take your shiny medal and go home like Darok’s hoping, or are you ready to start digging?

If you were to do some digging, where would you start?

I’d start by recruiting someone outside the system. Someone who’s used to working outside the lines, around the edges.

Psh, do you know who you’re talking to? I’m the underworld’s foremost outside-the-box thinker.

Captain, please. The pictures of you being thanked by the Supreme Chancellor were on every front page in the Republic and there’s a Corellian movement to draft you for Senate. Your profile’s gotten a little too high.

Those official fanclub organizers are real bloodhounds.

And then, once I’d found something, I’d contact my new friend and we’d get to the bottom of all this. But this is just speaking hypothetically, of course.

Of course.

The End... Or is it?!

New Codex Entries:

Colonel Darok posted:

When Republic Special Forces accomplish an especially hazardous mission with seemingly impossible odds, it’s often Colonel Rian Darok who is credited with their success. With a commanding presence and blustery persona, Darok asks his Special Forces troops for nothing less than their unwavering obedience, which they gladly offer time and again.

High-risk offenses requiring on-the-fly conception and execution were commonplace in warzones like Corellia and Ilum, where Colonel Darok particularly thrived. His brand of decisive thinking under pressure has earned him the respect and admiration of many, including Special Forces General Elin Garza and Republic Supreme Commander Jace Malcom.

Darth Arkous posted:

Through all the recent upheaval in the Dark Council, it is the sphere of Military Offense that has seen the most turbulence. After the brief and fiery tenure of Darth Arho, and the failed schemes of Darth Vengean before that, it was imperative that an even-tempered, long-trusted Sith take up the affairs of the Imperial military. Enter Darth Arkous, veteran of the Great Galactic War and passionate loyalist.

With deep influence and fervent support from across the Empire’s political landscape, Arkous is in a position to engage in grand offensive strategies without fear of interference–exactly the sort of bold maneuvering the Empire could use as it struggles to emerge from the brink of defeat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, Lord Goh is boring.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Sure saved money on the voice acting there.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
No, see, it's funny because he's a silent antagonist and :geno:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, see, it's funny because he's a silent antagonist and :geno:

The trouble with a dude who really believes in emptiness is that he never explains anything.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 6: A Very Visual Interlude

Click for Video

Mmhm.
Listen--I want to be sure you understand what you’ve accomplished--both on Korriban and on Tython--will be long remembered.
Everyone will look back on these days as the nascent events that framed a new foundation for the galaxy. They will see those who participated as its architects.
Why do I suspect you’re talking entirely about yourself?
What about you, Lana?
Have you taken Lord Goh’s vow of silence or whatever that was?

Lana and I are indebted to you for your exemplary actions in the Empire’s name. We thank you.
Yes, thank you. I do hope we have the chance to speak again. Preferably soon.
Glory for the Empire.

Click for Video (Recommended)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

DUN, DUN, DUUUN

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is cross-faction co-op stirring in the depths of the Force?

Or had that been a thing for a while when this content was new?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Glazius posted:

Or had that been a thing for a while when this content was new?

Cross-faction co-op with NPCs only. PCs of the different factions are still at war. But yeah, this is the start of Bioware departing from two separate faction narratives towards a model of one general storyline with bits of different dialogue for each faction.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh boy, I'm gonna have to reinstall this game I think.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

I wish. Sadly, the game won't let us have Quin, Mort, and Jolune fighting over who gets to push the light side choice button first while Atronie maniacally cackles and chooses the dark side option while everyone's distracted.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I wish. Sadly, the game won't let us have Quin, Mort, and Jolune fighting over who gets to push the light side choice button first while Atronie maniacally cackles and chooses the dark side option while everyone's distracted.

In a perfect world.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Especially in Fallen Empire, which basically reboots the entire TOR setting.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
I hear ya.

That said, it might just be a great deal trickier to implement than we're assuming. As I recall it took the team behind City of Heroes over a year or so to shake out the various interesting bugs caused by cross-faction teaming in specific co-op zones.

... I miss that game. :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
As do I, it was better than anyone gave it credit for.

City of Heroes still has good systems that modern MMOs haven't completely copied / stolen (like sidekicking, although TOR's now come very close since they lock you into an 'effective maximum level' for whatever planet you're on so you'll always earn experienced doing content.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
City of Heroes is a game I always wish I'd gotten a chance to play. Its shutdown was announced just as I was starting to explore MMOs other than WoW.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I never got to play CoX because I'm a penniless bastard who can't afford non-free games.
And WoW, thanks to the tokens.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

As do I, it was better than anyone gave it credit for.

City of Heroes still has good systems that modern MMOs haven't completely copied / stolen (like sidekicking, although TOR's now come very close since they lock you into an 'effective maximum level' for whatever planet you're on so you'll always earn experienced doing content.

* Sidekicking, followed by Exemplar, followed by "Hey, gently caress it, just set everyone to the level of the mission owner because the players are getting a bit sick of playing Mentor Tetris"
* Uncoupling aesthetics and game mechanics
* Ease of travel

... I don't play many MMOs; I think cross-faction teaming is still incredibly rare -- The Secret World and Age Of Conan more or less sidestep it by making 'faction' not actually be a thing other than some minor bits of additional story and the PVP zones; I don't think any other MMOs have managed...

* Superheroes. DCUO and Champions Online try but neither of them manages to keep me interested very long despite being supposedly free to play.

I really, really want City of Titans to succeed, but at this point hope's wearing thin.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Was it Mort or Catronie that freed the Dread maters in Belsavis?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

It was Mort who freed the silly hat gang, which probably wasn't one of his better decisions.

We're probably not going to cover the Dread War storyline in this thread, as a lot of it is done through Operations (8 man multiplayer dungeons) and we don't have the numbers for them. So I guess we'll never find out the Dread Master's dealio (spoilers: they're the Sith Lord equivalent of Scarecrow from Batman, and just as effective. Go rogue, take over a few planets, shout about fear a lot, get stomped by the player characters).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inferior posted:

It was Mort who freed the silly hat gang, which probably wasn't one of his better decisions.

We're probably not going to cover the Dread War storyline in this thread, as a lot of it is done through Operations (8 man multiplayer dungeons) and we don't have the numbers for them. So I guess we'll never find out the Dread Master's dealio (spoilers: they're the Sith Lord equivalent of Scarecrow from Batman, and just as effective. Go rogue, take over a few planets, shout about fear a lot, get stomped by the player characters).

It's a shame, as the Dread War is some decent storytelling with how it unfolds from Karagga's Palace onwards. The Dread Lords were also relatively stable and coherent until the Scum and Villainy raid which saw the first Dread Master slain. And without his mind - the Dread Masters are all telepathically linked - the group's power began to overwhelm and destabilize them.

Some of the boss fights were also really neat, especially Calyphaeus' time travel mechanic.

Y'all could probably talk the Goon Squad into covering it. I don't have the video capture software needed, or I'd offer to do it myself.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Goon squad or that's no goon, TNG tends to do raids weekly.

Or it did last time I checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Yeah, I forgot which is the Republic guild and which is Imperial.

As it is, yeah, the Dread War story involves most of TOR's raids at present. It goes: Karagga's Palace (raid) -> Explosive Conflict (raid) -> Terror From Beyond (raid) -> Scum and Villainy (raid) -> Oricon (planet) -> Dread Fortress (raid) -> Dread Palace (raid).

The other raids - Eternity Vault, The Ravagers, and Temple of Sacrifice - are self-contained stories for the first two and the cap of the Shadow storyline respectively.

Bit of a shame the raids are all now brought up to cap. Eternity Vault, Terror From Beyond, and Scum and Villainy have great atmosphere and visual design.

• Locked thread