Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Well drat if it was that easy to take over the Jedi Temple ya'll should have done it ages ago.

There's a reason it was so easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sadly this doesn't actually affect the newbie zones for people, even ones who have been through this story part. Jolune can go back to Tython and the dodecahedron will be happily floating again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

paragon1 posted:

"On behalf of every graduate of the Sith Academy I'd like to personally thank the SIS special task force that burned down the building and killed all the teachers."

-Literally Anyone Who Played Sith Warrior or Inquisitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUugQoxS8_o

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nobody's allowed to invent anything.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Paused posted:

This is essentially echoing the stuff in the Mr Plinket reviews, but would it have been too much to ask for the unstable looking design of the lightsaber in Force Awakens to be a unique thing, and be a visual representation of its user rather than 'saber configuration number 3781 that has been around for millennia in both Jedi and Sith Orders as detailed in wookipedia article https://www.starwarsfans/fuckyou.bs'

The galaxy has had millennia of stagnant technology. Everything has been invented, reinvented, lost, developed independently, discovered in a temple in the middle of nowhere, lost again, accidentially unleashed upon an unsuspecting galaxy...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Speaking of commando big guns, they get the BEST skins for them here.
E: actually linking those should wait a couple of updates to establish the planet more.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 11, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

koolkevz666 posted:

So I recently started a new character straight from level one due to the Light/Dark event Bioware is currently running[...]

Have they said when that event ends?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Now that they've vastly sped up leveling, it's pretty easy to go through other classes to see their class quests. Still takes some time, but you're no longer stuck also repeating every planet questline and side missions and such.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I think it's smuggler who's absolutely lovin' every bit of it. I'm disappointed Quinine isn't taking point on this planet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Why, a female force user with pale skin and yellow eyes, who likes green? Surely we haven't seen anyone fitting this description before.

Don't forget poorly-rendered eyelids.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Heeeey! It's our old friend... wait, which one was he?

E: oh right, council member who helped us take down Baras on Corellia.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sith Grandpa.

Well yeah, but I always get him mixed up with the one from Voss who was a jerk. All those sith look alike.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

That's space racist Bruceski.

Spacism is perfectly valid in the Star Wars universe. Evidence: Hutts, Bothans.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The ones I've played are Smuggler and Trooper, and they're the folks still around so I donno if they'll make appearances.

E: oh, and now that we know the "pretending to be a pirate" shtick of this planet, here's the Trooper's weapon you get through quests:

Sadly it still fires the chaingun blaster shots. It'd be too much :effort: to remap all the attacks to cannonballs.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 5, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Glazius posted:

So the Inquisitor gets immortality, and the Warrior gets... called on the carpet for distracting himself with this so-called "end-game content"?

Who'd have thought the one reporting directly to the Emperor would have to deal with politics while the Dark Council member just gets things done?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Hmm, you murdered all my pets and a bunch of my fellow clan members. You're free to go.

He had his lightsaber set to "stun". They're fine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Glazius posted:

Really, aren't all flashpoints just combat-fests where nothing that happens can actually matter in the plot, since they're all optional?

These flashpoints aren't. If you wanna leave Rishi Part 1, you need to fight through Torch's compound.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

kaosdrachen posted:

Eh. He saw his chance, he made his move, and he quite possibly might have gotten away with it if he hadn't immediately positioned himself as the top priority threat to both the Empire and the Republic.

He might have gotten away with it if he hadn't immediately positioned himself next to exposed shafts with no railings.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Repub side they ask you to do the same thing, so it's TOTALLY okay.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

koolkevz666 posted:

Main problem with these choices is the light side and dark side results. Is it dark side to target the ships of your main enemy just because you have a cease fire with them? Though at the time of that choice the two sides are still fully at war.

Yes. It's sacrificing progress/trust in the important goal in order to gain power and that's totally darkside. The factions may still be at war for that AA gun choice, but you're already part of an uneasy alliance with Lana and Theron.

Act to reinforce the alliance -- benevolent, light side
Act to undermine the alliance (whether you want it to break or not) -- selfish, dark side

Just ask "what would Jolune do".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Calax posted:

So, by rights, right now he should be a force ghost going "Mwahahahaha" while the PC is running around the old temple.
He is. There's an achievement.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"I was busy stopping the Omico Fist's terror attack."
"Never heard of them."
"Exactly."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you're dark side, does Revan's meat body consume the force one?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Saresh proving that there's no situation so bad she can't make it worse.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Good to go back to the classics of lightside Sith really pissing the NPCs off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SWtoR 2: this time it's personal

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah. You get the option of being a bit more defensive to Marr's comment about the Republic, but mainly this is a joint mission and he has respect for you if not all of his allies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

And that's it for KotFE! You can see why Bioware made a big deal about this expansion.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This whole thing is overblown and dramatic and totally awesome.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm a little confused by that paragraph. Did he eat a planet before Ziost?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If Spiderman 2 taught me anything, it's that the proper disposal method for those is to drop them in the Hudson river.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Inferior posted:

I am amazed they didn't go full-Thrawn and make General Rakton a Chiss.

Also, Trooper Act 3 is such crap. The war's in full swing! Everyone's been called to arms! And the galaxy's greatest spec ops team is farting around doing trivial bullshit. But everyone has to visit the same planets in the same order, so off you go to Belsavis to understudy a prison guard.

"We've got forces everywhere dealing with their own issues, go shake em loose so we can all strike at one point" is a pretty sound tactical strategy. But they don't sell it too well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The Montage Song is the only good thing from Team America.

also America! (gently caress Yeah!)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Remember the refugees you promised to take with you before the bad guys could hunt down and slaughter them?

Neither does the game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

And yes, the Trooper can also give Vik a dishonorable (blaster) discharge.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Space-racist.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dun dun DUN!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

At least the Sith made the trains run on time. Sure they were trains to the prison camps, but you know when they'd be leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

drat, carpal tunnel. The curse of the ~*~True Gamer~*~. My condolences! Your health is more important then showcasing this stupid nonsense, my guy.

I thought the curse was Gamer Claw, where your hands' resting state is curved around an invisible mouse/keyboard or controller.

• Locked thread