Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've been appreciative of these threads so I don't have to play the game myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well drat if it was that easy to take over the Jedi Temple ya'll should have done it ages ago.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"And all of them true. Even the ones that sound made up. Especially the ones that sound made up."

Heh. That's a good line.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A dramatic meeting of characters! Dundundunnnnn

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jeez, are Tython and Korriban next door neighbors or something?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's the Reapers.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, Lord Goh is boring.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That man's voice is a treasure.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So... how are you not dead?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think it's more "they're repeating themselves storytelling wise".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"It was destroyed centuries ago. We kind of are upset that we set these timelines so far apart, to be honest."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sweet.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've been reading this LP for what feels like a lifetime. I can't believe how consistently this game thinks "five or so guys" is a threat. What? What?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

They could have a bunch of enemies that are weaker, really sell the "You're basically a superhero" thing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Knights of the Old Republic 2 tried very hard, but TOR and the tie-in novels retconned virtually everything about that game and in particular established that Kreia was full of poo poo and she was just a delusional Sith all along.

Wow, that's quite rude.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Xerophyte posted:

Of course, the main problem with the trooper storyline -- assuming you pick commando, and everyone does -- is the giant gun. You might think that "no, giant guns are great!", which is true in general, but the problem is that cutscenes in TOR cannot deal with giant guns. TOR only has two cutscene animation sets: single blaster or single lightsaber. This means that if you need to shoot things in a cutscene as a Commando, you keep your giant cannon on your back and blast baddies with your dinky sidearm. It also means that you always have a giant cannon blocking the view from over your left shoulder, which in the case of one presumably-romantic kissing scene meant that stirring strings swelled as the game lovingly zoomed in for a close-up of my character's giant laser cannon (not a euphemism).

That's amazing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"Some talented soldiers need rescuing. Go do it." seems like as good a reason for a mission as anything else to me.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hm. I thought Grandpa was dead!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hmm, you murdered all my pets and a bunch of my fellow clan members. You're free to go.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

An RPG that starts off with normal combat that, once you hit a certain point, non-boss fights just stop due to your infamy, would be pretty drat awesome.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A non-player character with agency. Remarkable.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Cross purposes? Obviously this united enemy will make a lasting peace with the Republic and Empire. Yup. That's going to happen.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, making the guy who's anti slavery and anti racism the bad guy was a really stupid choice.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"You're a symbol of the Empire!

...once you take off that ridiculous space pirate off. What. What are you doing."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Traxus IV posted:

Nope, my Revan was a woman :colbert: Everything in this game where Revan shows up I've been reading him as some doofy imposter sullying her name and reputation. I'm looking forward to him getting smashed up real bad.

Same.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Giving Sith Warriors something like a Lightning Right Hook would have been neat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

'cause he's been dead for something like a thousand years.

That's never been a problem in Star Wars.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ossluk Noslee from KOTOR 2 is a cute little sidequest, too.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Cute update.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Welp.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I guess turning Republic Commando into an MMO would be too challenging.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, so advanced...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The whole point of making robots is for slavery. That's why you should never give them sentience.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ha, I like the guy's sass at the end.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Them's some trash shields on your personal vessel, Marr.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Siegkrow posted:

Bitch please, 90% EVERYTHING is really really bad. And my complaint about LOGH is mostly about, well, if you are gonna watch anime sci-fi Space opera war drama, why not watch anime sci-fi space opera war drama W/ Giant Freaking Robots?

Some people get over being 10?
i said in the let's play thread about a star wars video game

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ha! That was awesome.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Marr went down like a punk. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ah, classic killing of messengers. I Am Bad! Fear me!

• Locked thread