Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ReturnOfFable posted:

This is the part in the expansions where The Old Republic actually gets really good so I'm excited to see you guys are doing this.

From a story perspective, maybe (at least until a certain figure is revealed) but these solo flashpoints are such a slog that one is essentially robbed of any enjoyment regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I don't know, I'm getting a pretty definite feeling that they're going to be "done" (at least in regards to substantial story content) with the release of KotET. Note that they're releasing the whole thing in a single go, rather than episodically, like with KotFE.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dolash posted:

They definitely have a problem finding a good Star Wars archetype to match the Trooper to. Smuggler is Han Solo, Jedi Knight is Luke, Jedi Consular is Obi-Wan, Sith Warrior is Darth Vader, Sith Inquisitor is Palpetine, Bounty Hunter is Boba Fett and Imperial Agent is James Bond. Who's the trooper? Basically just another Storm Trooper/Clone.

Trooper is pre-Spectre Commander Shepard, but without any of the cool backstories like "unit got killed by sandworms" or "genocided Batarians"

• Locked thread