Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I originally thought it'd just be Quentine and I. Nice catch!

I'm still technically here too! If you ever want me to show up or help with anything just shoot me a PM. Goes for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Get your uncultured patooty out of my chair! :argh:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

There's random no-names either gender can flirt with during the Bounty missions, but otherwise yeah. Baby steps.

You take back Korriban! And make sure Quin didn't stink up my chair!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I wish. Sadly, the game won't let us have Quin, Mort, and Jolune fighting over who gets to push the light side choice button first while Atronie maniacally cackles and chooses the dark side option while everyone's distracted.

In a perfect world.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

C2-D4 is great, and one of the best characters of the expansion.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

You'll see next time!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

koolkevz666 posted:

Been following this since the beginning but I really wish Bioware would somehow read this

Oh don't worry, they are. Guess who's an upcoming possible companion?

Lookin' a bit red there, Atronie. :monocle:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I've only actually done Rishi on my Bounty Hunter, but was planning on showing off at least one other thing on Rishi on Atronie anyway so might as well! Didn't know the intros were different, that's neat.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

This really is where things starting getting real good. I love Rishi, and Raider's Cove is an awesome area. Places that are mostly town but also have quests and places for you to run around in always make me happy. One of the upcoming planets is also probably one of my favorites in the game.

Biggest disappointment is that you can't do the story missions multiplayer anymore. :(

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I can die happy knowing we've done good work. :allears:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Strange Aeons

Click here for Video. Covers entire update.

PREVIOUSLY, ON BELSAVIS....

PRESENTLY, SOMEWHERE IN DEEP SPACE...

Reach out with your emotions. Let them guide you.

Yes... that's it....

Ashara, tell me: what did you see?
It was... it was you. You were in a jungle. Roots and vines, they took you, bound you, and then....
You were torn apart.
You saw the future. One of many possible futures, but a probable one, at the very least.
Then I heard a voice. A woman. She reached out to me through the Force. She told me you had to go to Rishi.
Rishi. You said Rishi?
Rishi's been coming up on the navicomputer. Thought it was some kind of glitch. Nothing out there but my kind of people.
That is no glitch. It is a message.
An invitation for you and me to go off on a little pirate holiday? Heh, no. I know better than that.
Let me guess: you're thinking of walking straight into a trap.
Perhaps it is a trap. What of it?
Tell the crew there's been a change of schedule. I should very much like to visit this "Rishi"....

We arrived on Rishi without any complications. It seemed we were not the only ones drawn here, as a wrathful whirlwind had already torn its way through the cove, and I had a pretty good idea who this force of nature was. Other than that, one name was a barely detectable constant above the din: Revan. My allies and I struck him down ourselves, and yet his name permeated the ruccus as if he were performing live tonight at the local cantina. The Revanites, or the Order of Revan as they now called themselves, seemed to be making a power play of sorts, and it would do well to not let them infiltrate my own ranks. Beyond that, I was beginning to think coming to Rishi had been a wild bantha chase after all, as there were no further occurrences of note. That is, until I finally heard back from one of my own...

What do you have for me, Pyron?
Your apprentice Ashara briefed me on the Order of Revan. We are discretely sweeping for infiltrators in your ranks.
Good.
If I may, I've also prepared a briefing on current military operations. I'll endeavor to be quick.

Several dreadfully boring minutes of military operations later...

...as for the Celanon campaign, Darth Marr is coordinating the joint armada with minimal losses.
That does raise the issue, however: Our Silencer fleet-killers are underperforming as the Republic adapts tactically and technologically.
We may be able to refine the Silencer cannons further, but their radiation output will begin to kill our own gunners. Shall we proceed?
Make the refinements, but post a skeleton crew to any ships so equipped. We have only so many troops to spare.
Yes, Dark Lord.
There is also the question of Alzar. Darth Ravage still believes the natives hold no value and expands rapidly into their territory.
Your Overseers on Korriban believe the Alzarians might be trained as Sith, but to recruit them now could make an enemy of Ravage.
Let Ravage whine at the next council meeting. The Empire needs allies, not resentful colonies.
As you wish.
One last order of business. I understand you're on Rishi; normally I wouldn't bother you with trivialities, but....
Speak, Pyron.
You have a servant there by the name of Lord Veijel. Like many, he's been seeking an audience since your ascension.
He won't say why, or speak to anyone but you. However, Thanaton clearly prized him--he received significant resources for his "research".
Do we know anything about what he's doing on Rishi?
Veijel was designated a "seeker into matters exotic and arcane". Quite a few of your researchers have this designation.
Whether Veijel's work is productive or--like certain other legacy projects--mere eccentricity is not for me to judge.
Where do I find him?
I'll send coordinates. Perhaps your archaeologist might assess Veijel's work with some insight as well.
Then you are dismissed.
My life for yours, Dark Lord.
HK, return to the ship and fetch Talos for me.
Dismissal: A meatbag so physically malnourished would not provide sufficient protection, Master.
Just do it. I can take care of myself, and I need his advice.
Begrudging Confirmation: Yes, Master, I will do as you ask.

I recall Veijel's name, but we've never met. What do you suppose he's found out here?

It is my deepest honor to welcome you to Rishi. I'd begun to doubt--ah, but I was a fool.
You sought an audience, I have come. The Reclamation Service will observe.
On my life, I shall not disappoint.
I was sent here thirty years ago--not for Rishi, but to stand on the brink of the Rishi Maze, the dwarf galaxy!
Thousands of unexplored worlds, just beyond the known hyperlanes. My master tasked me to monitor those dark stars.
First he demands my presence, now he tells me he's been stargazing. Does he deserve to be punished?
Hear me out, Dark Lord, I beg you!
There have always been rumors about the Maze. I admit he has me curious.
Proceed.
I built a deep space communications array--to watch, to listen, to try to contact the Maze's inhabitants.
And I received signals! Messages! The language is ancient, contemptuous of translation... there are Sith words, Rakata, Gree!
The messages contained instructions for improving, modifying the communications array. Even I don't understand what functions the machines now possess.
Whoever or whatever sent these signals must have contacted our galaxy before. What could the origin be?
An offshoot species is possible. Or perhaps an artifical intellect--a lost Rakata drone in deep space.
When's the last time you received a signal?
The signals went silent some years ago, but I believe the array is now waiting for you.
Waiting for me?
The last messages said the array required one "twice transmuted and reborn to the Mother".
Transmuted... as I was on Balmorra, and by the corruption of the Sith spirits.
And then rejuventated by the Mother Machine of Belsavis. Fascinating.
Some distance species has been waiting for you, Dark Lord--whether by prophecy or biology. You could activate the array, learn its purpose.
What does your Reclamation Service experience tell you?
My lord, my experience... says that pursuing mysteries such as this often leads even the wisest Sith to insanity. History is clear.
But curiosity urges me forward. And you have defied the odds so many times before.
Await my return, Veijel. I will examine your machines.
As you will, Dark Lord.

Heading into the jungle, the four points of the array were not difficult to find. I was not expecting their reaction to be so potent, however.

A massive amount of energy was sent coursing through my body. For the briefest moment, my life was pain beyond comprehension, and yet... I knew its intent was not harm. I felt it. Then I heard it, a robotic voice spoke to me through the array. Was it an artifical intelligence after all? Or a droid, perhaps? Or was it just what was programmed into the array itself? It mattered not. I had to find the rest.

Genetic flux analyzed. "The tesseract is fear." Subject confirmed. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Genetic decay analyzed. "Redeem or destroy!" Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Mother's mark analyzed. "Someone must be sacrificed." Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Life-death balance recorded. "Beware his desires!" Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one cycle.

There were four arrays in total. Each time, I felt as if I would die, yet inexplicably I felt better than ever the more it happened. It was invigorating, intoxicating. The voice continued to speak to me. What did these messages mean? I had no context. I would have to hope that the answers would come to me in time. For now, with the arrays activated, we returned to Lord Veijel.

Was all to your satisfaction, my lord? Were the machines responsive?
"The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by a solar cycle." Does that mean something to you?
Then... it was real?
What was real?
Real! Arctis believed, Thanaton believed, but I doubted. I feared to offer you false hope.
The machines are made to increase life expectancy. Cellular rejuvenation! For anyone without your... exotic past, the process would surely have failed.
But for you, Dark Lord... those machines have granted you months or years. A taste of immortality!
"A taste of immortality." I've awaited this opportunity--but I desire more than a few extra dying breaths in my twilight years.
Of course, of course. Then grant me the means to fulfill your wish.
Grant me battalions to pacify this world. Grant me scientists to replicate the machines. Grant me fleets to explore the dwarf galaxy!
Now we know: the secret to your everlasting glory is here! We need only find it!
My lord? I have... concerns about this course of action.
You are here to advise. Advise me.
The long search for immortality so often leads to ruin. You saw this with your first master.
Who will count Zash among the great Sith, when she squandered her power on a fruitless quest? And now, with our Empire in such need of your resources...
I will remember your counsel. But I am not Zash.
Lord Veijel--Moff Pyron will supply you troops as soon as possible. Keep me informed of all progress.
Yes, Dark Lord. If it requires a year and a thousand men for each month of life you gain, it will be done.
Good. For now, I have an Empire to run, and crises to see to.
All glory to Darth Nox!
All glory to you!

The Journal of Darth Nox posted:

For ages, Dark Lords of the Sith have yearned to reproduce the arcane abilities of Tulak Hord; the process behind his nearly successful bid for true immortality in particular has either eluded or ultimately disappointed those who have sought to know it.

Whispered rumors persist of many varying ways to achieve eternal life, from the obviously false to the convincingly esoteric. Lord Veijel's recent discovery on Rishi appears to be the most promising candidate to date, but as with past claims that were proved too good to be true, this newfound lifespan extender may not be as it appears on the surface.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Aw, Cap'n almost got to retire. Also pretty sure that's a different VA for Beryl, listening to some cut scenes of her on Taris it definitely sounds off somehow.

Also didn't know you played WoW PTN.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Well I mean originally, Darth was just part of his new name and not a title and Lightning was just something the Emperor did because he was so evil and not a specific Sith thing, yeah?

But everything's gotta have a back story and what not.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

In case anyone has been on the fence about playing again, Double XP is active until the next Expansion is out.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Say what you will about Shae Vis-who? Her armor is probably my favorite in the entire game and I love wearing it on my own bounty hunter. And man that cinematic takes me back and is still really cool today. :black101:

Revan's line to Mort about restraint is of course based on your dark/light side choices or points, and amusingly he likes you just the way you are no matter what you've done. You're the apple of his eye! To Atronie he says:

Dark Lord. Even I look in awe at your accelerated rise to power. You did not get where you are today through kindness or moderation. It has served you well. You make a fine example.

What's that second ghost dad (SGD for short), keep on killing and shocking everyone I meet without any good reason to do so? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g0862r2qU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

The city areas of Ziost are probably some of my favorite ares in the game as far as interesting visuals or atmosphere go.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

It definitely was a bit of a shock when I first saw it too, after all you do to help Ziost. It feels kind of abrupt though and I was expecting more to do on Ziost post-cataclysm, and while there are a few daily quests and a Raid, it's pretty much over.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

You know, I never thought about it, but I've yet to go through this content as a Republic Character. Are you on a Republic Ship and meet with Satele otherwise?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

paragon1 posted:

There would already be three Ghost Dad's if Mort was an Inquisitor.

Just kidding I'm sure Original Ghost Dad never shows up again.

Yep, unless he shows up in the new Expansion content which I haven't played yet (Incredibly doubtful), Lord Kallig doesn't make any return appearances that I'm aware of.

I would totally watch the My Two Ghost Dads sitcom though.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh boy, Pierce? Quinn? Ship-droid?

Yes, but they've fused and are now one super companion. ;)

Seriously though, you'll see!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I will say the second half is feeling a lot more promising. The next chapter is very short, I'm probably going to be cutting out the busywork recruiting (I'll still do some of it but fuuuuuck getting Bowdaar), and then (minor spoilers, breaking my own policy) the next chapter after that is one everyone hates which I am going to do my damnedest to sell you on because they actually put things together and something meaningful came of it.

Maybe it's because Sorceror's are broken but getting Bowdaar was not too bad for me. Is that something you can do with multiple people or solo only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I ended up recording the end of Corellia and finale for the JK sometime last year but have been busy and never got around to putting it together and now it's all on my old computer. I say go for it unless PTN really has a hankering to do it himself.

• Locked thread