Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh poo poo, not the Jedi's secrets! What if they find the ancient tart recipes? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"On behalf of every graduate of the Sith Academy I'd like to personally thank the SIS special task force that burned down the building and killed all the teachers."

-Literally Anyone Who Played Sith Warrior or Inquisitor

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Pretty much every remaining Sith, when they hear about Korriban.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Jeez, are Tython and Korriban next door neighbors or something?

They are both infinitely close together and far apart at exactly one Plot Point apart.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm amazed to see you take on such a mighty horde single handedly!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like this scene in general, I just wish you could turn around and win over the Republic guy the same way.

"You'll never stop us!"

"Emperor's Wrath."

"Oh. Right. Here are my half of the passcodes for Revan's bunker."

To be fair, surrendering to Sith has not historically worked out super great for the vast majority of people.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

Point conceded.

If Mort just wore a jacket with "Light Side 4 Lyfe" sewn into it at strategic points, then he could probably avoid killing people he doesn't really feel like killing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

He didn't have a single wooden leg to hop on.

Which says a lot more about their writers more than anything. "I want my character to not be a complete rear end in a top hat" is something most people would say even if they're playing a purely darkside cackle and lightning everyone type.

It also doesn't help that most of the stories make playing a Light Side Imperial a lot more compelling than being a mustache-twirling idiot. People were going to side with Malgus just because he was inclusive and freeing slaves. He's also super tall and has a cybernetic neckbeard, so he's pretty much a Sith Abraham Lincoln.

Hell I played a straight up whacked out on ghot juice "i killed your son because I wanted to see the pattern his blood would make on the walls" kind of Inquisitor and I still wanted to side with Malgus.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Another nice thing about Marr, he doesn't throw a big huge stupid bitchfit and hold grudges when his peers don't follow his way of doing things 100%

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's the first one to leave when he doesn't get his way. He just went off to sulk for having his authority undermined, but it's ok, the tears just make him stronger.

Yes, exactly. Most other Sith would either attempt to kill you for your defiance immediately or stalk off to plot it later. Probably by trying waves of increasingly strong assassins.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

'cause he's been dead for something like a thousand years.

i don't think its been that long since kotor 1, and jolee bindo was alive during the war with ~Exar-kun~

[Inser joke about Jolee being real drat old here]

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whelp. :goleft:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Honestly killing someone who you a) have near constant direct access to and b) feeds information directly to the top leader of your biggest enemy seems like it would be a criminal waste in the spy game.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ahahaha it's literally the IG-88 plot, but without a Death Star.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait one ship crashing into another took out 4-5 others just hanging out nearby?

That's what happens when you build your fleet hulls out of explodanium.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
There would already be three Ghost Dad's if Mort was an Inquisitor.

Just kidding I'm sure Original Ghost Dad never shows up again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

PTN’s note: The Gravestone is a Volus. You can’t unsee it now.

Motherfucker

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

You're only upset because I'm not wrong.

That's exactly why I am upset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hahaha it's literally the Darth Malak encounter all over again.

• Locked thread