Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Paused posted:

Also as this is 'Shadows of Revan' stuff, and Theron Shan has popped up; how common knowledge is it in universe he and his mother are descendants of Revan?
Fairly common, people know Satele is the descendant of Revan at least. Not many people know that Theron exists though, or that he's related to Satele. Which seems to be how he likes it, not a lot of warm fuzzy feelings in that relationship.

Darth Soverus is so new he doesn't even get a codex entry. It's never made clear what he was responsible for on the Dark Council. Care for the Elderly perhaps, given that he shows up to fight in his bathrobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Sure saved money on the voice acting there.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

It was Mort who freed the silly hat gang, which probably wasn't one of his better decisions.

We're probably not going to cover the Dread War storyline in this thread, as a lot of it is done through Operations (8 man multiplayer dungeons) and we don't have the numbers for them. So I guess we'll never find out the Dread Master's dealio (spoilers: they're the Sith Lord equivalent of Scarecrow from Batman, and just as effective. Go rogue, take over a few planets, shout about fear a lot, get stomped by the player characters).

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I like the Rishi natives, because they look like giant owls, sound like cartoon nerds, and dress like they're from Monkey Island. All of Rishi has that kind of wacky vibe to it really. Despite all the murder and slavery, it's a pretty chill place.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Every class gets a unique quest at that point, although they all follow the same basic format of "old friend with a problem arrives on Rishi".

It's the only class-unique story content post Corellia, unfortunately.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

RISHI: IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME

Masters Bestros and... Wait, what are you wearing?

I've gone undercover as a space pirate.

Is that what space pirates wear?

Yeah! Shiver me space timbers! Pieces of space eight!

Yarrr.

You've got an eyepatch on over your ... actually, never mind.

(Yes, this is what the Rishi-specific gear looks like. Stylish, no?)

I miss the Council's debates, Grand Master. But, alas, Tython isn't where I'm needed.

I've heard rumors. But I can't guarantee this channel is secure, so I'd rather you safeguard your secrets. Just listen.

The Jedi Council must do more than react to crises--we must see to the future of the Order and the Republic.

We must see that one exists for starters.

What we've seen in war, the truths we've learned, will be our gift to later generations. And few Jedi have seen or learned more than you.

Years ago. And humility is no virtue when it blinds.

In truth, you are becoming one of the greatest Force users our Order has ever seen. You stand witness to our era's conflicts.

But to reach your full potential, you must test yourself--and there's one trial you've yet to undertake.

Yes. You've contributed to holocrons before, but we need a full archive of your history, your thoughts--a record to continue all your life, as you grow, learn and change.

This is a great honor.

I had second thoughts when I saw you in that hat. But no, this is the right thing to do, and the right time to do it in.

As you said, we have a duty to the future, and I feel the burden keenly. But I've had no opportunities to act.

How do you suggest I proceed, Master Satele?

He wishes to aid you in the device's construction. He's come to Rishi, believing the Force has willed it. You might be flattered.

Where is he?

I'll send coordinates. Please get changed before you go see him.

LATER...

Rishi is my kind of planet, Qyzen. Good weather, good food, good deeds to be done.

Is good world. Many points to be had here. Have heard jungle wampas live outside city.

Jungle wampas? Seriously?

Swear to Scorekeeper, they are real. Known as 'Angry Old Man of the Forest'.

Eeesh. I think I'll stay in the city.

This looks like Master O'a's place.

But when the Force gets pushy--says "Be on Rishi in three days! You'll know why!"--well I make an extra effort. And here you are!

You're Master O'a?

That I am, here to help build your holocron. Can't disappoint Lara Cordan when she's trying to form the New Rift Alliance!

Um...

Or the first of the Esh-kha neo-Savants, a century or so from now. He'll need good advice.

One of my talents, but it's not always a blessing.

These days I see mostly darkness, dead planets... lots of ways the future could go.

Still, if anyone survives this war, they'll need your holocron to rebuild! Ready to start?

What do we do?

A holocron can speak, answer questions... it can't think, but it will have the knowledge and memories you provide.

On Tython. I worked with our ancestor's teaching holograms. On Coruscant, I recovered the Noetikons, which contained recordings of multiple Jedi.

The Noetikons! Fabulous devices. You understand, then.

First thing is to scan your brain, establish a baseline. For that, we need you at a very particular level of consciousness.

On Tython, you'd use a meditation chamber to achieve a ‘Susheer State' of serenity. But every culture has similar rituals--we'll make do with what Rishi provides.

l did some reading. There's a Rishii shamanic blessing similar to one used by the Jawas of Tatooine.

Wow, what are the odds?

Surprisingly good actually. There's only so many ways you can combine chanting, fire and mild narcotics.

I'll walk you through it--it starts with the gathering of kishu reeds. Wear gloves if you don't want scars.

Anything else?

I'll take you through each step on the comm, but best you make this journey alone. When you're finished, we'll begin construction.

You heard him, Qyzen. Best I do this alone.

Sure?

Sure.

Hrm. Keep eye out for jungle wampas then.

I promise I won't fight anything exciting if you're not there.

Good.

DEEP IN THE JUNGLE...

Ugh. Jungle wampas, for crying out loud. I sure hope Qyzen was making those up.

*sniff*

Are these kishu reeds?

The reeds represent life and the structure of life. Feel the toughness of their forms--and within, sense the flow of the Force.

Breathe with the wind as you gather them. Smell their sap. Let the simple task calm your mind.

As you gather the reeds, feel yourself open to your surroundings. If you hear voices through the Force, past or present, do not fear.

Master Yuon is taking a new apprentice?

Once you've got an armful, on to the next step: Purity of body, purity of spirit.

Bathe yourself in the waters of Rishi. Cleanse yourself of your concerns, and let nothing trouble you.

Let the waters rid you of everything but self. “There is no emotion, there is peace.”

The Hand closes. The rejuvenation begins.

Targeting Republic battle cruisers!

Now, there is a place sacred to the Rishii. Build a fire from the reeds there, and we will proceed.

The reeds are the structure of life. Now they burn, and the smoke flows inside you.

Structure and form is bequeathed to the intangible air, the unseen mind. Your thoughts gain perfect shape.

You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi.

...!

THERE IS NO LIFE. THERE IS THE FORCE.

For the Republic! Republic! Republic!

You have achieved a Susheer State. Come, and we will build your holocron.

BACK AT MASTER O'A'S HOUSE...

[VIDEO: Days of Future Past]

The crystal matrix is developing, but it has to anchor itself on your experiences and knowledge.

I'll ask you questions as the Force guides me. The holocron will record your answers.

Ask your questions, Master O'a.

I see a half-trained Jedi in the forests of Sarkhai, where your apprentice bore your holocron after your death.

Nadia...

The half-trained Jedi wants weapons to fight those who destroyed the Republic. She wants vengeance. What answer do you give?

It's a difficult path for her, but she walks it well in the end. She teaches others. She learns her enemies aren't her enemies.

He seeks to learn what made you strong; walk your path on the now-ruined world of Tython. Will you guide him?

If he walks my path, sees what I've seen and learns what I've learned, then the galaxy will have nothing to fear from him.

He does see what you saw, but he resists it--he kills--before the lesson takes. In the end, though, he redeems his home.

In the end?

You already have many titles: Jedi Master, Barsen'thor, Herald. You could bear others: Seneschal. Hierophant of the Jal Shey. Betrayer of Balmorra.

Which will you choose as your legacy? When your holocron is activated, how will it name itself?

I don't know where your next fight is, my friend. I don't know if any of us will make it through the year.

But if I outlast you, I promise to protect what we built today, if I can.

To throw a light into the future...

...may be the best any of us can hope for.

But it's a hope at least. You've done me a great kindness. It's good to know that whatever happens, I'll leave behind something of value.

It's my privilege to serve a Council member.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Master Kutri O'a posted:

Kutri O’a is no stranger to war. He assisted in defending the Minos Cluster and raided Sith warships in the First Battle of Bothawui, though you wouldn’t know it from his warm and friendly demeanor. Rather than reflect on past hardships, the Bothan Jedi Master prefers to engage in scholarly pursuits and maintain a positive outlook.

As one of the true masters of the holocron craft, Master O’a has been in great demand throughout Republic space and beyond, but he does not act on behest of the whims of others. He can sense through the Force when and where he’ll be needed and plans his travel accordingly–even if those plans take him straight into the heart of danger.
BONUS RISHI ARRIVAL:

[VIDEO: Welcome to Rishi]

BONUS QUIZ: Hey kids! Can you identify the six voices Jolune heard in the jungle?

Inferior fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 9, 2016

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Aw man, I love Mort wearing the stupid Space Tricorn while everyone's having big serious discussions about the fate of the galaxy. That cyber eyepatch is still the dumbest thing ever.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

A cute touch in the battle against Revan is that Satele Shan can use Battle Meditation just like her grandmother- it has the effect of quadrupling your Max HP, which is nifty.

The Revan battle in general is a neat idea, even if it is a bit tedious in practice- it's nice to see your allies actually do something for a change instead of leaving it all up to you. Revan has monstrously high HP, so it really does take a collective effort to finally beat him down.

I guess Revan being both an arrogant brute and a kindly Jedi is a meta reference to KOTOR's two endings. Disappointing that his final appearance in the franchise is him explaining what a fuckup he is and then disappearing though. He could at least have dropped some enigmatic advice before he left.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Sudden surprise bonus update from nowhere!

DIRECTIVE 7: RISE OF THE MACHINES

Previously posted:

Master JOLUNE MOL’NEUX of the Jedi Council saved the Galaxy from the sinister CHILDREN OF THE EMPEROR, freed CORELLIA from the Empire’s cruel grasp, and thwarted DARTH ARHO’s evil schemes on the ice world of ILUM. Now, an urgent summons brings her back to CARRICK STATION...

.Master Jedi! I’m Director Rigel, with the Strategic Information Service. I understand you’re an expert in stopping enemy infiltrations--we need that expertise.

Four Republic colonies have been wiped out in less than four days. Men, women, children, animals... nothing was left alive.

So many dead… I’m sorry to hear that, Director.

I saw the colonies afterward. Everything looked normal except for neat little piles of ashes every few meters. Thousands of them.

Droids are programmed to be loyal. How could they suddenly attack?

They were manipulated. Sabotaged.

The droids were reprogrammed to hate their masters. This wasn’t the first time it's happened either, but it's certainly the worst.

This has happened before? Why haven’t I heard about it?

Industrial Automaton Inc. has powerful friends in the Senate. And a very heavily armed product recall department.

Eesh. I guess you don’t mess with Big Droid.

I never thought droids could be capable of such reckless hate.

No one did.

If we don’t act soon, it will be too late. The navy is putting together a strike force as we speak.

A threat this big is too much to ignore. Count me in.

The operation will be launching from the fleet. Come to the coordinates the droid gives you, and I’ll brief you on the details.

And… please hurry.

…You’re not feeling any homicidal urges, are you?

No more than usual, Master Jedi.

Good. That’s… good.

The Hutts, the Emperor and now the droids… I never even knew ‘genocide’ had a plural until the war started.

…Is ‘genocides’.

I know what the word is, Qyzen!

Just thought it obvious.

It is! I was being… metaphorical or something!

…And you say he had more like this?

Petabytes of holorecordings, sir. We found them under his bunk.

Excuse me, where’s Director Rigel?

Down the hall, third on the left.…These are disgusting, Corporal.

Do you want to see another?

Please.

Is there a reason you're not telling us who we're hitting, sir? I mean, if it's just more Imps, I don't see why--

The target is classified, the mission is classified, you being here is classified. Everything is classified. Just get to your fighters and do your job, huh?

You know the basics: A faction of renegade droids called "Directive Seven" is planning to exterminate every form of biological life in the galaxy.

Not all of the renegades agree, though. Someone inside the movement wants us to take them down. He, she, or it has been our primary source of intel.

A robot spy. I think I’ve heard of someone like that before. Having someone on the inside will give us a big advantage.

That's our hope, at least. So far all of the intelligence has checked out.

Thanks to our unnamed friend, we know Directive Seven's ultimate weapon: a coded signal that can forcibly convert any droid to their cause.

Except for all the droids that are already mindless killing machines, of course.

Remind me again why the Republic relies on so many of them.

They are tremendously convenient. Especially when you need something killed.

:sigh: They'll start a galaxy-wide revolution in a matter of seconds.

Exactly. Our only chance is to strike now, before it's too late.

Their headquarters is on a moon called Zadd, in the Unknown Regions. But the defenses are too thick for any kind of orbital attack.

Subtlety and precision are a Jedi’s specialty.

Is news to me.

I can be subtle! I haven’t burned anything down in months!

Sounds like everything I heard about you was right.

We've got a shuttle ready to take you in and starfighter's to cover you. But I'm afraid that's as much as we can do.

THE DARK MOON, ZADD…

This is as far as I go. Everyone out!

Welcome, Master Jedi!

And who are you?

Special Operations Unit D4-NG, here to provide fire support to your mission!

You aren’t going to go crazy and try killing us?

Of course not. I love organics! Almost as much as I hate droids! Filthy metal vermin!

Um.

[This mission, Directive 7, used to be a flashpoint mission for parties of four players. Recently they introduced a solo mode and gave you a super powerful droid buddy to help out, similar to other solo mode flashpoints.

It’s a little incongruous though, to give you a droid buddy on a mission where all the droids are being corrupted by a mysterious signal.]

Scanners show heavy security at the facility entrance. Take down the targeting sensors. and our fighters will clear the way for you!

Die, robot scum!

*beep boop*

*dwwooooooooooooo*

Sensors disabled… I think.

So you took my warnings seriously then. Very encouraging. Your diversion is very impressive as well.

There isn't much I can do for you until you've reached the facility entrance. Find your way there and we 'll talk more.

We’re talking now. Why not say what you wish to say?

Some matters must be discussed in person.

Hurry to the facility entrance. We do not have the time.

Republic fighters burning the sky.

There’s the bridge to the facility!

*BOOM*

Sorry! My bad.

It seems your friends were a bit overzealous. The fuel monitoring tower nearby should be tall enough to span the gap, if you can knock it ov--

*ZAPPOW!*

[I remember nothing about this boss. It’s a robot? And it shoots things?

Anyway, there’s Qyzen striking a cool pose.]

You fall.

So what was this about a fuel tower?

Okay. With just a liiiittle force push on those missiles we—

*BOOM!*

Maybe liiiittle less next time.

*cough*

Beloved friends-do not concern yourselves with the harmless exchanges of ionized plasma overhead. Our enemies’ weapons are incapable of causing us harm.

Our home remains as it always has been-a bastion of freedom against the savage Iashings of organics. Continue with your assignments as normal.

Who was that?

l owe you an introduction; I am C5-M5. I originally served in surgical and triage functions, but now, I serve no one. I am a free being.

I appreciate you offering to help. I'm sure it was very risky for you.

Yes--but no more than the risks you take by coming here.

I will speak plainly--I'm not helping--you out of fondness or loyalty. I've seen the horrors your kind is capable of.

But no matter what you are capable of, genocide is not the solution--regardless of what our movement's leader believes.

Not that I particularly want to spend time with you, but essentially, yes.

I’ll grow on you. Give me time.

No, thank you but... No. I was the only one who--

...You tell our enemies exactly where to find us... force us to waste resources against their pointless assault....

I thought you were a true believer. But deep inside, you are still a slave--yearning for the hands of the butchers who made you.

No race in history has attempted a massacre like the one you intend to carry out.

This is not a massacre. It is a revolution.

You imposed yourself onto the entire movement to suit your own pride, Mentor--nothing more.

Every droid here other than you is part of the leader?

Yes. All but a few were happy to trade away their new individuality; and freedom for the same old slavery.

Healer and I cannot hold a rational conversation with your constant childish interruptions.

IN THE EXCITING CONCLUSION: Jolune fights the machine, Qyzen fears the Claw, and maybe another planet gets blown up reeeeal good.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Droid Rights posted:

Are droids sentient? If so, should they have the same rights as other sentient beings? Is owning a droid tantamount to owning a slave? These questions have arisen since intelligent droids were first programmed.

In the Empire, where slavery is an accepted part of Imperial culture, the issue of droid rights is meaningless: the only difference between droids and slaves is one of price. The Republic, however, was forced to address this question almost four centuries ago, when demand for a Droid Rights Bill began to gain ground. Attempts to pass the bill ended abruptly with the brief and violent “Great Droid Revolution,” but the questions remain.

The opinions of droids themselves–on those rare occasions when they’re asked–are divided. Some accept unquestioningly that being property and serving a master is the natural state of a droid. Other droids–usually those that have been mishandled–claim that devices such as restraining bolts perform the same function as shock collars for organic slaves, and should be just as despised. The fact that droids that do not receive regular memory wipes appear to develop a personality only fuels the ongoing debate.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

DIRECTIVE 7 – PART 2: ¡VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!

Previously posted:

JOLUNE, QYZEN and D4 battle the ruthless robotic revolutionary organisation DIRECTIVE 7. The organisation’s leader and overmind, MENTOR, plots to transmit a signal that will make every droid in the galaxy homicidally insane. With the help of renegade droid, C5-M3, our heroes head for the heart of MENTOR’s lair…

[We left off last time with Mentor siccing a trio of assassin droids on us. This fight’s gimmick are the various energy shields the droids can activate. An orange shield (as pictured) reflects all damage back at the caster. There’s also a blue shield which absorbs all damage as health.

You need to keep an eye on who’s attacking who, but otherwise this is simple.]

[C5 does nothing to help. Just stands there and plays with his arm screen. Thanks, C5.]

We certainly taught those dumb droids a lesson!

So that was the leader of Directive 7.

He could have sent far more drones to intercept us. He doesn‘t see us as a serious threat, but that will change.

He’s a traditionalist supervillain, I take it.

He lacks the moustache and monocle, but otherwise yes, he does hew to the old standards. I hope you're ready to do more fighting.

Escaping irrational violence was one of the prime motivators of our movement. Yet here we stand.

As soon as the facility's generators build up a sufficient charge, Mentor will transmit his "liberation signal."

The only way to stop the signal is to stop Mentor--to destroy him. And the only way to do that is to destroy his central processing core.

If Mentor’s intelligence is everywhere, how can destroying one computer core stop him?

His intelligence is still centralized, even if he has grafted hundreds of extensions to it. Much like an organic brain controls its body's limbs.

[I appreciate that they made a token effort to justify the ‘blow up computer, save the day’ plot.]

While you make your way there l will do my best to distract Mentor's attention. With sufficient speed and skill, we may yet be successful.

[One of the cool things about the Jedi Sage’s dps skill tree is the ability to launch Force Hadokens at everything.

No, that’s not their real name. But it should be, dammit.]

I sense something is… wrong ahead.

Weapon ready.

You’re going to be alright. Don’t worry.

You've found the leftovers of my original plan for your kind. I once hoped that l could actually repair your hateful nature.

Sadly, my experiments eventually confirmed that there is only one effective treatment: extermination.

You speak of free will, then rob this man of his?

I attempted to save him from the foulest aspects of his nature. Regrettably, I failed.

You are nothing more than a pack of hateful, irrational beasts. Violence and anger are all you know--observe!

These poor people. This is abhorrent.

Can we go back to fighting robots now?

Dear friends, our revolution continues to approach just as we've all hoped and planned!

Directive Seven was founded to let our fellow droids embrace free will. We would create our own society of reason and freedom.

As time went on, Mentor focused more and more on "dealing" with the organics, and everyone else blindly followed along.

So much for reason.

Now we will only be remembered for lashing out with the same irrational violence as the organics who built us.

Our geothermal power cores have reached ninety percent of the charge we require. Statistically our victory is beyond certainty.

Please note that one or more organics may have found their way into the facility. Ignore them--security teams will eliminate the problem shortly.

…Who’s Mentor addressing? I thought everything in here was part of his hive mind.

Maybe likes talking to himself?

It seems pretty unlikely, Qyzen.

You do it.

I narrate. There’s a difference.

Wow, that’s a big… thing.

[Interrogator has a cute trick- it’ll scan party members and then…]

[…spawn cyborg copies of them. On reflection, Jolune vs. Mecha-Jolune would have been a better title for this post.]

I’m not playing nice any more, Mentor.

Let’s keep moving.

Beloved comrades, I must regrettably confirm that a general security alert is now in effect. Advanced defensive protocols have been enacted to bring a rapid resolution.

[It is kinda satisfying listening to the Big Bad AI have a slow nervous breakdown over the PA system.]

The offending organics will soon pose no danger to our plans. The revolution will proceed!

Are these robots getting bigger?

I don’t think hitting it in the groin is going to work, Qyzen.

Eventually it will.

[Bulwark enjoys shielding himself, shooting enormous lasers and long walks on the beach. His turn-offs include having his shielding machines blown up, having his healbots blown up and having his taint repeatedly punched by an angry Trandoshan.]

Bye bye, Bulwark.

Organics have breached the central processor core! All units not assigned to level-seven critical tasks must immediately report for security assignment!

You're getting very close now. Mentor will turn everything he has against you--be ready.

[Assembler’s special ability is repairing himself and supercharging the room’s defence turrets. It’s nothing special.]

[Assembler needs a little sit down time now.]

You should be aware that Mentor is intricately tied to the facility's geothermal power cores. deep beneath this moon's surface.

Which means?

We’re going to see some serious poo poo.

Right.

Engage all internal security measures! Defend the core at all costs!

Without Mentor to manage their energy fluctuations, irreparable damage to the moon's core structure is likely. Be prepared to make a quick evacuation when the time comes.

Mentor.

Go ahead, come closer. Be the last of your kind to lay eyes upon this version of me.

Once the signal is transmitted, I will be everywhere. I will take on thousands of forms on thousands of worlds, and butcher every last one of you.

The pathetic final plea of a dying race. That line didn’t work for Shepherd and it’s not going to work for you. There can be no compromise.

[Mentor! This fight is a riot.

Mentor’s core is protected by a shield. To bring the shield down you need to destroy four cores around the room. They only become vulnerable at certain times in the fight though.]

[You also have to worry about respawning turrets…

[…giant robots, missiles from the sky, laser beams…]

[…and, of course, the CLAAAAW.

It descends and tries to grab a party member for massive damage. Mentor was clearly a UFO Catcher programme in a previous life.]

The revolution cannot be stopped!

[Once the cores are destroyed, Mentor falls quickly]

Victory over the evil machines! A great day for organic life!

You… will not… survive!

You've done it! You've really done it!

*BOOM*

As I feared, the geothermal power cores are destabilizing rapidly. The facility will be incinerated in a matter of minutes.

The entire moon is going to be torn apart. I’ve secured an escape shuttle--forwarding coordinates now! Hurry!

BACK ON THE FLEET…

This was a very serious threat, of course, but... I think this goes a bit beyond our acceptable degree of force.

I stop the biggest genocide in history, and you're upset about that worthless rock?

The moon was destroyed through Mentor's carelessness, not your agent. Cast blame where it belongs.

Ugh. I'm sorry. I just wasn't expecting... this situation has been very difficult. But you faced that difficulty and succeeded.

You've saved more lives than anyone will ever know. The people of the Republic--of the entire galaxy--are alive today because of you.

I simply acted as the Force guided me.

Well, good thing the Force was on our side, then.

I would be proud to offer you an assignment here in the Republic Fleet as soon as you‘ve had some standard maintenance checks.

Assignment? Nonsense. I belong to no one--I will leave and go where I please.

I'm… sorry, but I'm not sure I can allow that. You have the same programming as the other renegades--letting you roam free would be extremely dangerous.

[LS/DS decision point…]

C5 is no threat to us, Director. He's earned the right to do as he wishes.

If you' re willing to take responsibility for the matter... by all means. C5, you are free to go.

Thank you for speaking on my behalf. It's good to know that some organics can understand.

I've actually enjoyed meeting you, despite the circumstances. Perhaps we'll meet again someday.

That would be nice. So long as it’s not in another evil AI overlord situation.

I’m sure those are quite rare.

Now what?

Back to the ship, back to the war.

Always the war.

Lots more planets to save, Qyzen! Let’s go!

THE END… FOR NOW.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Mentor posted:

Although his actions on Zadd make it hard to believe, the sadistic artificial intelligence known as Mentor was once a standard-issue administrator droid named SR-1.

Assigned to tally the loss of droid units, gathering dust in a bureaucratic office with years between memory wipes, SR-1 slowly became outraged at the treatment of his fellow machines. Their organic masters callously threw droids away, even as those same organics fought to destroy each other. Such behavior clearly indicated a flaw in organic beings.

SR-1 freed the droids in his offices and began Directive Seven to further the cause. But while it was obvious that droids were superior to organic beings, SR-1 believed they could be improved further and began modifying the programming of freed droids to match his own–despite their protests. Eventually he took the name “Mentor” to silence any dissenters: he was simply helping them to achieve their potential. In time, he no longer bothered with an excuse. Now Mentor has been corrupted by power and hatred–he cares only for self-perpetuation and the annihilation of all organic life.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Oh I bet that doesn't get old fast.
It doesn't, really. The anime death fleet is pretty cool.

Also, I must disagree with PTN about KOTFE's prettiness. The environments are more detailed, the costumes more elaborate and the cutscene direction is better. It looks a lot nicer than the 'main' game. Still about 10 years behind current graphics, but it ain't bad.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I am amazed they didn't go full-Thrawn and make General Rakton a Chiss.

Also, Trooper Act 3 is such crap. The war's in full swing! Everyone's been called to arms! And the galaxy's greatest spec ops team is farting around doing trivial bullshit. But everyone has to visit the same planets in the same order, so off you go to Belsavis to understudy a prison guard.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Acina does meet the Imperial PC once- she gives them the Dread Seed quest on Makeb. She is a completely generic Sith, so it's kind of surprising that Bioware decided to make Empress.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

quote:

I vote for Mort to kill Vette, marry a horse and conquer Latvia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

A true gamer uses vocal commands for everything. It's the 21st century after all.

I remember being just bored by this chapter. Kaliyo's doing the same schtick as in the main game, and there seems to be more tedious skytrooper fights than ever.

You're missing Valkorion's portraits for his cameo.

• Locked thread