Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I've been a happy follower of this LP megathread since all the way back when I didn't have an account and was foaming at the mouth at being unable to vote what class and race old Moon Slayer was gonna play.

The previous iterations of this thread have made me return to SWTOR countless times. I REGRET NOTHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Jedi covenant but the LPers are on Harbinger

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

....Wait, Shadow ball is ghost-type, not dark-type.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

So who played the latest chapter of Kotfe? Because I'm just going :stare:

I mean, let's not spoil for the ones who ain't gotten there yet but holy poo poo lets react.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 10, 2016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Look at her face in that last screenshot. The thirst is real.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

DUN, DUN, DUUUN

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I never got to play CoX because I'm a penniless bastard who can't afford non-free games.
And WoW, thanks to the tokens.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Was it Mort or Catronie that freed the Dread maters in Belsavis?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Goon squad or that's no goon, TNG tends to do raids weekly.

Or it did last time I checked.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Dolash posted:

I'm not really a raider myself, in SWTOR or any MMO. I've never really been a big participant in the social and guild-related aspects of MMOs which is part of what makes SWTOR's story focus appealing (even if it's pretty uneven). It's just tough to get motivated for the gear-grinding treadmill unless you happen to have friends to play through it with, and in that case there are other, more fun games to play. I do like the idea of "story-mode" versions of flashpoints and the like that let people play through just to check them out, though.

On the topic of new thread content, I've got something coming up but I'm waiting for PTN to get back in order to make it work a little better, so hopefully some time later this week.

Edit: I will admit that the stronghold system is almost enough to tempt me into doing a bunch of grinding and dungeon-delving, although that's just for the sake of the Let's Play. Kind of hard to justify ginning up fifty million credits for that though.

Don't you have the free mostly unlocked Nar Shadda SH they gave away when the stronghold system came out?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Well....uh...kinda?The Sith Empire bombed the gently caress out of Manaan for trying to enforce neutrality like it did back in Kotor. This merchant plaza is their first [and only] above water settlement after that.

Edit: Beaten by Cythereal and his creepy rear end Avatar :argh:

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 31, 2016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

wait what? how DO you make ship droids happy???

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

but I've tried gifting them stuff, they don't like any of it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

*insert snide comment about own nerdiness here*
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-01
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Droid_Revolution

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wait, are you implying the Revanites are the Star Cabal? because that seems implausible, the Star Cabal wanted to gently caress over all force users everywhere, and hiring force users and serving Revan seems to be....the complete opposite of that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Hm... I much prefer the first Havoc Squad cartel armor they made, fits a lot more with the pre-KOTFE design of Havoc.

Also: Post-4.0 Dorne's fightstyle is hilarious, she starts shotgunning people. Never imagined the healer would do that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

The truth is much more stupid.

While i do think that the truth is stupid, mostly because it is barely explained at all, I am firm in my belief that we should let the readers form their own opinion.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 29, 2016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

- you get the consummate professional, the greedy scoundrel, the honorable warrior, the hardcase with a soft center, and the psycho for hire.

Okay, so, the greedy scoundrel is obviously Gault. The psycho is the angry tumor. The honorable warrior is our mandalorian buddy. but Mako and Blizz don't fit as a hardcase with a soft center nor a consummate professional.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wow, that must be the most text-light update in this whole LP

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

And you get the best armor set and Assault cannon in the game :D

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The BH gets drummed up as the captain of a cannibal pirate crew.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

So does the Jedi Knight, it's pretty great.

E: That reminds me - did the JK play through ever wrap up?

/facepalm.

I've gone through rishi twice, once with the BH and once with the JK, and I mixed them up. it's the JK.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

My favorite is the feign death that pops up a colored loot marker. It's random too so sometimes you'll have people who have never seen it before run over and try to click on you because you popped a purple loot marker.

I fell for that in a dungeon Flashback FLASHPOINT. rear end in a top hat was even worse because he used it in the middle of where we killed a bunch of random mobs.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Will you archive the LP now and start KOTFE as a brand new thing or will you keep on trucking until the game shuts down?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Alert: This link contains Spoilers, enter at own risk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22W84cSUOw

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

As long as I can keep on causing testicular carnage, I'm happy.

Edit: Fact is, my scouondrel tends to wear spiked boots :D

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

2 days until the new expansion comes out! Excitedness!

Well, technically less than 24 hours. Jesus I have to start going to sleep earlier.

Point is, I wonder how you're gonna do it when you get to current content? Gonna call it an LP? Gonna put it in hiatus while you wait for new content? Gonna try put a spin on group content while you wait for new plotlines?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Psion posted:

I've seen some posts in the TSF about recovering bad Shadowplay recordings, if you mean lost in the sense of corrupted, as opposed to lost in the sense of "didn't bother recording when I told it to," another thing it likes to do.

every time I hear about a shadowplay update I'm glad I locked my updates folder to read-only so it'll never update from my current, perfectly functional, version until and unless I want to. which, given the stories, I don't!

wouldn't be a remake of ANH, so no, can't get rid of it. :v:

Also I'd argue the main story of TFA is torch-passing (and, y'know, trying to restart the movie franchise), so while finding Luke was the plot device that got it going, you're kidding if you don't think Rey and Finn weren't the main story characters. As a direct ANH analogue, the main story of ANH was not finding Obi-wan, it was passing the torch to Luke, Leia, and Han. It's not a perfect analogy, but starting a Star Wars trilogy with the older generation moving aside so the younger one takes the fore is, well, right out of ANH.

I dunno how Quinine is going to handle that. He's been booting people in the groin for so long, how will he ever move to the advanced tier of shooting them?

...didn't that get made fun of, way back when? "Why do you carry these guns and kick them instead?"

Quin is a scoundrel, scoundreks get to keep the nutcracker kick.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The Glorious Droid Revolution was spearheaded by the first HK unit, HK-01

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yo PN, don't know if I've asked this but you plan to do the whole of KOTFE/KOTET Solo? Or you gonna RP it as other LPers being there doing stuff?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 13, 2016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Space is an ocean. Nobody ever really uses the 3rd dimension.

Except for the yuuzhan vong that one time.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Why is everyone fellating LOGH so much? It's like Gundam but without cool giant robots.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Most anime is really really bad so people who are fans of the genre will blow the acceptable stuff way out of proportion.

Bitch please, 90% EVERYTHING is really really bad. And my complaint about LOGH is mostly about, well, if you are gonna watch anime sci-fi Space opera war drama, why not watch anime sci-fi space opera war drama W/ Giant Freaking Robots?

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 16, 2016

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I've been playing the newest expansion piecemeal, one chapter a night or so, depending on how busy I am. I quite like it, I just finished chapter VII...

Not gona spoil but just, Jesus.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

No, the space Romans were already there, the Emperor just possessed their king.

Not....quite.

i won't go into it because the LP hasn't gotten there but...no.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait one ship crashing into another took out 4-5 others just hanging out nearby?

that ship was Marr's personal warship, refitted with enough Iso-5 to burn planets. I'm amazed it didn't take out more ships.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Dolash posted:

It's a little loose. The end of your class story could have you getting a medal from the Chancellor and an official promotion to Actual Privateer, or be made pirate king and turn the Underworld fleet loose on everyone for Maximum Looting. All the endgame content settles on the Smuggler being the Republic's top freelance trouble-shooter (in the literal sense), but you're not too different than the Imperial Agent or Bounty Hunter for being effectively an independent contractor with an impressive-enough track record that people don't care you don't have a laser-sword.

Enjoyed the update, Marr's a cool cat so it's neat to have him along, also the first hint that the companion situation's going to be a little different going forward. Good to see Mort's particular character shining through, including deciding today IS a good day to die!

Also my update plans were pushed back when I got to my dad's apartment this weekend and it was immediately flooded out by an exploded water main in the middle of Canadian winter, but now that particular crisis is resolved maybe I can get back on track?

The LP Curse strikes again!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Marr went down like a punk. drat.

Marr went down like a punk, yes, to the single most powerful force user in the history of the franchise.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

It's a little more nuanced than that. The Sith Empire was just supposed to keep the galaxy divided, preoccupied, and weak until Zakuul was ready to strike.

The Emperor is a loving terrible villain and the story from here on out is a railroad of lazy plot devices and bad writing.

And yet it is miles better than anything the game has had to offer thus far.

Edit: Also, MERRY LIFE DAY THREAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

According to what we hear in the first Kotor game, Tatooine has been settled, abandoned and re-settled multiple times! Apparently the Kotor settling is the one that stuck, because they went and settled Anchorhead, a settlement that keeps appearing in both TOR and the rest of the franchise.

• Locked thread