Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

PoptartsNinja posted:

But steel-types are resistant to dark-types!
I…
honestly did not expect you to get that reference.
Since you never bring me on missions, I have had a lot of time to myself on the ship. My lord.

But they aren't anymore since gen 6!
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

kaosdrachen posted:

Ah, Tanno Vik.

Still not the *worst* companion around, but a firm data point for the theory that there was some mandatory "every class has to have at least one NPC companion that absolutely *no one* will like" rule written down somewhere...

I actually liked Tanno Vik, he's sleazy and amoral but he was a lot more level-headed in the conversations I got with him than the other dark-side companions.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

And on the flip side, a light side Inquisitor has some stunningly insightful views on the correct way to interpret the Sith Code. I was really pleasantly surprised.

Is there something similar on the Jedi side? Where a player character can say "hey maybe the jedi code just means that we can't let emotion cloud our judgment instead of forcing us to be emotionless robots"?

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

MadDogMike posted:

They changed the companion happiness stuff and conversations, so you don't actually have to bribe them up to get their companion conversations, they're now gated to where you are in story. They also set it up so "such and so disapproves" actually gives influence, just less than an approve response. Influence is just a factor in how strong companions are at this point.

I... actually didn't know this yet. Huh. Guess I've wasted a fuckton of credits on quests for companion gifts then.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Coruscant is an irritating, badly designed, empty, and surprisingly small zone designed to waste the maximum amount of player time whenever you visit. All a trip to Coruscant does is add roughly four minutes (not counting loading screens (I've timed it because it mildly irritated me just enough to make me do so out of spite) of pointless travel time running from your landing pad to Garza's office the senate and back.

I agree that this is a massive problem, and it's honestly turned Coruscant in my least favorite planet in the game. Well, this and the fact that every area is basically the exact same. The only thing I feel that changes are the names above the enemies, for the rest it's just "generic city". Nar Shaddaa has a similar problem but at least it had colours other than "grey and greyish blue".
The only areas that are memorable are the Works, which is just plain annoying, and the Jedi Temple which half of the classes don't even have an incentive to visit. There's also the part where it's the second planet in the story, which means newcoming Republic players have this as the first impression that isn't a tutorial level. And it's followed by Taris, another awful planet. It's almost like they're trying to discourage Republic players from playing.
At least Alderaan and Voss had an appealing aesthetic and Voss was fairly inoffensive if you just ignored the latter half of the planetary quest (and have no strong feelings about the Voss themselves).
Hell, I'll go further and say that I consider Taris less infuriating than Coruscant because once you're done with it you rarely have to come back to it, and if you do you generally either have to be somewhere close to the landing pod or go through the swamp, which at least has some combat if you get bored. All you do when returning to Coruscant is travel from Spaceport to cutscene, which is about 5 minutes of driving your speeder if you Quicktravel to get to the senate tower itself.

• Locked thread