Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Man, I hope all 4 topics can be put on the lp archive someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Are we going to see what Jolune was up to while this was happening?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Uh, fear of what exactly?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

That's certainly one way to start a new arc.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Wait, what was that last bit?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

The truth could have been much better, with only slight tweaks required.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I remember when everyone thought killing Revan at the Foundry was disappointing. So, how about now?

Revan having two minds could have been made to work, considering they did something similar in his first appearance. But they didn't tie in to that.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Paused posted:

And, assuming Quinnie is indisposed with that box, how different are things here on Republic? I can guess Theron is here rather than Lana, but we still on Ziost?

It's still Ziost. Vitiate actually picks it because it was one of the Empire's core worlds for a significant part of it's existence, and so has symbolic value.

Lana and Theron's roles stay the same no matter who you're playing as. Lana may be more snappish and hostile, but she also knows she needs you for this.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

koolkevz666 posted:

It's refreshing to see the Republic messing things up for once, I also quite like the Sixth Line its good to see that not all Jedi act with little to no emotion which frankly is why I prefer Sith characters to Jedi characters.

I don't know what you mean about the Sixth Line. From what I understood, the idea behind them is that they act even less on their emotion then the regular Jedi do.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

You instead force him to confess and Lana tells you to kill him. You can tell him to run away instead of doing it which pisses her off and still removes him from the story.

Or you just don't mention it at all, and he gets put on support duty somewhere you're not.

The republic player's excuse to kill him is that he's working for Saresh, rather than just Theron as he tells you the moment Lana is out of earshot. It still seems out of character for most of them, as Saresh- while troublesome - isn't your enemy.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

So, next is the finale of RotE? All of it?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

It begins.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

This chapter is great in motion. Its sole flaw is that the protagonist doesn't get to be firm enough while tearing apart the emperor's argument.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Republic players are on Coroscant. Jedi fight Satele Shan. Smugglers fight Nok Drayden. I think Bounty Hunters fight Mandalore. Never checked who Agents and Troopers fight.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Yeah. Anyone who thought Mort couldn't shut off a miniature sun he knew nothing about, is very stupid.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Finding an ancient supership would be more impressive if ship-to-ship combat wasn't relegated to minigame modes. Still cool, though.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Gnome de plume posted:

So does that scene play out much differently if you refuse to let him take control or is he just being polite asking for permission?

Speaking of STO, have you been back to it at all since your LP?

Lana gets a slash on the arm before Koth provides the covering fire needed to turn the tables on them.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Why did you need Valkorian's help to use telekinesis on 3 guys?

Isn't letting him in kind of a terrible idea as he eats souls or something? Is there something I'm missing that makes it heroic?

It is a terrible idea. But Valkorian picks the moment where you might go for it anyway - where Lana is about to take a hit, there's a huge wall of scrap dividing the battlefield so you can't do much about it, backup is a few seconds away (which he probably knows but you don't) so no better occasion is likely to come up in the near future.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Glazius posted:

A whole battalion using Zildrog's Wedge, nonetheless! (I hope that's a thing and they have more ridiculous formation names.)

For those who hadn't put 2 and 2 together, Zildrogs Wedge = using force telekinesis to quickly place a barricade in the middle of the battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Personally, I like Tanno Vik's attitude better than Tora's. Though part of that is realizing what an absurd discount Vik was selling those Detonators for already.

• Locked thread