Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
To be fair, they were (tactical) Flashpoints to begin with. Reworking them for solo play is way too much :effort: for Bioware, easier to give you the Jesus Droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You finished Vette's personal storyline right? That's some development from her reaction back then.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

KotFE then gives occasional class-specific bits, depending on context. But indeed, Corellia is where independent class stories go to die.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Sith and Darth especially are known as maniacs. I wouldn't risk slighting one of them like that lest there be lightning.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Pretty sure Jedi use those for kids, but when it's the Sith... Mort did some jailbreaking if that was stun.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Ziost is more or less the finale to Emperor's comeback, and I don't remember anything particular that ties it to upcoming storyline.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Theron is one of those five competent people, and replacements are a scarce supply.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Why would you NOT go absolute smuggest with smuggler? Just wasting great quips.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Go go Team Common Sense! That's how you can describe most of them really at this point.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Mort alone or is Quinine joining after he catches up?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It has occasional good parts to be fair.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Agent would be your best bet, probably. Then again this is Zakuul with one of their special super-duper sun reactors which are by all appearances actual stars in miniature that Zakuul uses for power so who the gently caress knows.

In the same vein, Smuggler and Trooper might have actual chance. Either from hotwiring, tuning ships etc or applied demolitions courses.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Personally, this is one of the things I enjoy most about the Bounty Hunter Smuggler. For the most part it tries to tell a different kind of story, and I appreciate it. Stories don't need to be galaxy-changing events all the time or enormous dire threats, and I find Act 1 for the Bounty Hunter to be one of my favorite story arcs in the entire game. It's a simple, personal story about you and Mako Risha, the Great Hunt treasure hunt, and Tarro Blood Skavak as the smarmy villain you love to hate who gets an extremely cathartic comeuppance. You don't affect the state of the galaxy, no, but I think the story is better for it.

I feel that the quality of writing in general in TOR declines the further into the game you get, between class story arcs, planetary stories, and especially DLC/expansions, but the Bounty Hunter has in my opinion the steepest decline.

Quote of truth, though Smuggler doesn't decline at the same rate and Act 3 captures some of the charm when it comes to personal motivations. Sadly expansions happen and Port Nowhere goes from "let's fix this up" to "what were you talking about".

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Competent back-benchers. Marr was probably best leader they had for a long while just because he didn't take [Shock them] every single time.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Those Valkorion moments are neat whenever they happen, but I concur on leaving Lana for her own devices as Sith advocate on survival.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

So WWTD (What Would Todessa Do) if she had free reign here.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Young Padawan, you underestimate the importance of mental health when facilitating communications and terminating hostilities.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

This is the one use of Valkorion's power I personally support so far, if only to gently caress with Prince Daddy Issues.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Having watched the story itself only, are you going to do some sort of recap on getting the old peeps back (Bowdaar among others as you said) or integrate them into Mort's narrative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Is that "dead droid" before or after (IIRC) the puzzle that had T7 gear? I started playing long enough after and never finished JK to top it off.

• Locked thread