Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

social vegan posted:

someone post that claymation movie w mark twain in it

the satan scenes :stare:

echoing the love for watership down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52iooE2nVI

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I grew up to be the air conditioner

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

claymation satans :hfive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uk9IcoQ0w

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

OT but I've always thought this music video has the best claymation and has yet to be beaten.

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
That movie actually is pretty fkd up

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
that flower just wanted to be loved but Toaster killed it

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I watched it all the time without issue as a kid. A young kid. I sort of forgot about it even.

dreezy posted:

OT but I've always thought this music video has the best claymation and has yet to be beaten.
The people behind it were involved with Corpse Bride, James and the Giant Peach, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I think specifically it was directed and animated by the guy who went on to direct corpse bride and lots of the animation was also done with people from the studio that animated james and the giant peach because it was around when that movie was done.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 22, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Brave Little Toaster was one of the video tapes I watched most as a kid. It's interesting that I took all the strangeness and morbid imagery in stride as a kid but as an adult is all so much more unsettling

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Khorne posted:

I watched it all the time without issue as a kid. A young kid. I sort of forgot about it even.
The people behind it were involved with Corpse Bride, James and the Giant Peach, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I think specifically it was directed and animated by the guy who went on to direct corpse bride and lots of the animation was also done with people from the studio that animated james and the giant peach because it was around when that movie was done.

I remember corpse bride being extremely disappointing at the time because I was expecting another Nightmare Before Christmas, but upon rewatching it recently it's pretty good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BLT and Land Before Time were pretty much the only movie series i watched when i was a kid, along with the Iron Giant which isn't a series but should be, and GOD DAMMIT BRAD BIRD DO SOMETHING USEFUL AND MAKE A SEQUEL :argh:

gently caress disney songs, give me the greatest animated movie song ever, "Worthless"

of which i still know all of the lyrics

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

I remember corpse bride being extremely disappointing at the time because I was expecting another Nightmare Before Christmas, but upon rewatching it recently it's pretty good.

Yes, I found it disappointing at the time but I like it quite a lot more now. I wish it didn't have any of the sidekicks, though. Any of them.

I really like the delivery (and point) of, "I was a bride. My dreams were taken from me. Well, now... Now I've stolen them from someone else. I love you, Victor. But you're not mine."

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i never watched the sequels, do they just keep getting left behind? like gd, lil toaster just let the guy upgrade his game. cant be caught slipping with your old rear end, retro-hipster style hadn't been invented yet

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i never watched the sequels, do they just keep getting left behind? like gd, lil toaster just let the guy upgrade his game. cant be caught slipping with your old rear end, retro-hipster style hadn't been invented yet
i haven't watched any of them in forever, but i believe in the second one they get replaced by superior technology? i could be wrong?

the third one they go to mars to find their owner's kid who got kidnapped or something and i don't loving know, that one was bad

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The AC unit at the start scared the poo poo out of me.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
For any that are to young to have seen this, here is Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeG499fHctw

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
this freaked me out as a kid

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x290etx_10-thunderbirds-sun-probe_shortfilms

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Although old cartoons are a good way of traumatising children it has some unintended consequences. Furries, bronies, etc.

I suggest we traumatise our children some other way. Beating, leaving the shower door open, and so on.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I think my dad intentionally didn't flush his monster logs to keep me humble and awe struck. I'm still waiting for the ramifications...

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Claims of coolness are exaggerated, you're a wet paper towel pantywaist kind of type, if anything.

Petition to change OP's user name to "Warmduscher".

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"you're worthless"

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in one of the sequels appliances learn about planned obsolescence and start a new colony on mars or something

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

in one of the sequels appliances learn about planned obsolescence and start a new colony on mars or something
that was the stupid lovely third movie where the master has a stupid lovely kid

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Thomas M. Disch wrote the story on which Brave Little Toaster was based. Thomas M. Disch killed himself. You're welcome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

that was the stupid lovely third movie where the master has a stupid lovely kid

which is the "third" movie depends, To the Rescue is second in chronological order, but was released after Goes to Mars

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Thomas M. Disch wrote the story on which Brave Little Toaster was based. Thomas M. Disch killed himself. You're welcome.

what is left of life once you've written the truest tale?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Years ago I found a forum dedicated to trying to find the model of toaster that would be a 100% match of the toaster in the movie, with people literally doing tear-downs and modifications and fabricating custom 'skins' for toasters. Threads dozens of pages long talking about brushed steel or aluminum or whatever. The type of plastic used for the feet, etc. There were hundreds of registered users and when I went back to the bookmark I made I was IP banned from reading even though I hadn't made any posts.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pick posted:

which is the "third" movie depends, To the Rescue is second in chronological order, but was released after Goes to Mars
right, i forgot about that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Capntastic posted:

Years ago I found a forum dedicated to trying to find the model of toaster that would be a 100% match of the toaster in the movie, with people literally doing tear-downs and modifications and fabricating custom 'skins' for toasters. Threads dozens of pages long talking about brushed steel or aluminum or whatever. The type of plastic used for the feet, etc. There were hundreds of registered users and when I went back to the bookmark I made I was IP banned from reading even though I hadn't made any posts.

Toaster aficionados jealously guard their secrets.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you guys for reminding me of Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars, I had blocked that poo poo out entirely.

Besides Bambi 2, was there a single sequel to a decade(s) old animated movie that didn't turn out to be weak garbage? Even when I was a kid I started to realize that the Land Before Time sequels were unenjoyable. I made it through Lady and the Tramp 2 when it came out and we rented it from a loving Blockbuster, but I don't think I could endure a rewatch.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

Besides Bambi 2, was there a single sequel to a decade(s) old animated movie that didn't turn out to be weak garbage? Even when I was a kid I started to realize that the Land Before Time sequels were unenjoyable. I made it through Lady and the Tramp 2 when it came out and we rented it from a loving Blockbuster, but I don't think I could endure a rewatch.
i liked LBT V when they went to the island with all the T. Rexes. i don't recall which other specific ones i watched though.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
They meet sputnik on Mars if I remember correctly

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ChrisHansen posted:

i know they meet a bunch of balloons who sing about how their owners carelessly released them into the atmosphere

then the balloons go off to presumably pop and die in space

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

i liked LBT V when they went to the island with all the T. Rexes. i don't recall which other specific ones i watched though.

every time you post something like this it gets even more difficult to take you seriously man

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

symbolic posted:

i know they meet a bunch of balloons who sing about how their owners carelessly released them into the atmosphere

then the balloons go off to presumably pop and die in space

would've been more accurate if they slowly deflated, drifted into the ocean then choked out a group of sea turtles doing the chorus line

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

every time you post something like this it gets even more difficult to take you seriously man
i'm surprised you still take me seriously at all

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

ChrisHansen posted:

It was Viking 1 and a doll that someone stashed inside of him before they launched him. The doll sings about how much it misses dancing and music. The doll doesn't leave Viking 1 alone even though there's a colony of rogue appliances just over a loving hill for her to hang with so she doesn't have to pester Viking 1 for eternity. Viking 1 hates the doll.

god dammit it's all coming back

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Wulfolme posted:

gently caress you guys for reminding me of Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars, I had blocked that poo poo out entirely.

The Rescuers Down Under wasn't terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Other Barry posted:

The Rescuers Down Under wasn't terrible

That gets the same exception to the rule as Toy Story 3 of being made by the same company and a lot of the same people instead of being farmed out somewhere.

By the way, everyone reading this who hasn't seen Bambi 2 should check it out and possibly come back to angrily inform me that I had bad taste in 2006.

• Locked thread