Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did watch the poo poo out of this but my parents tell me my favorite when I was real young was Lady and the Tramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Snatch Duster posted:

I did watch the poo poo out of this but my parents tell me my favorite when I was real young was Lady and the Tramp.

Re watching as an adult makes more sense. Jacques offers to marry Lady because she spent a scandalous night alone with the Tramp.:huh:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So the big question is when is the big-budget live action/CGI remake of Brave Little Toaster coming out?

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmk9lkgCV00

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

social vegan posted:

someone post that claymation movie w mark twain in it

Heh, I know that guy. My little brother gave his whole family chicken pox back in the late eighties.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Re watching as an adult makes more sense. Jacques offers to marry Lady because she spent a scandalous night alone with the Tramp.:huh:

the only cure for a damaged woman is a loveless, sexless marriage to a man past his prime

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

canyoneer posted:

That's the Edwardian period (and also the 1950s) for you

E: Also his name is Jock, not Jacques. "Jock" is the Scottish equivalent of "Jack."

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 25, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: Also his name is Jock, not Jacques. "Jock" is the Scottish equivalent of "Jack."

That makes much more sense than a black Scottish Terrier with a Scottish accent having a French name. I am learning so many new things in this thread.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

error1 posted:

or going shark fishing with live kitten bait, or whatever

This was a hoax btw

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pththya-lyi posted:

Lady and the Tramp was set in like 1890. Which would have been in living memory of a lot of grandparents at the time of its release.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

Lady and the Tramp was set in like 1890. Which would have been in living memory of a lot of grandparents at the time of its release.

only 90's kids will understand this

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

My younger brother and sister had a movie they watched where they'd wear out the reels on the VHS which had some surprisingly dark moments like Brave Little Toaster: Dumbo. You got the mom stealing part, the pink elephants part, fear of flying, etc.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a Brave Little Toaster tattoo.

http://imgur.com/Mp0u8p2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shampy posted:

I have a Brave Little Toaster tattoo.

http://imgur.com/Mp0u8p2
reverse image search turned up nothing

i'm inclined to believe

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blazed Little Toaster

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

The Sphinxster posted:

Blazed Little Toaster

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
No. I hate when people say he is high. He is tired but he is awake because he cares so much about his family. He cares so much he doesn't give he gently caress. He gets up and makes them their toast.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shampy posted:

No. I hate when people say he is high. He is tired but he is awake because he cares so much about his family. He cares so much he doesn't give he gently caress. He gets up and makes them their toast.
nah, he's high as a kite

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

nah, he's high as a kite

Do you think Rey is Luke's daughter?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

That is one toasted toaster

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shampy posted:

Do you think Rey is Luke's daughter?
i don't loving care, as long as there's more poo poo getting blown up in the next movies

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I may be straight up walking-in-the-sky-high right now but you'd think I'd remember having a daughter, especially if she was named after light-bringing too.

I wonder what her favorite BLToaster characters were. Personally, (can't believe we missed this, but)

I Love Lamp

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Wulfolme posted:

Wiki says the film starts on Christmas morning, 1909. Which actually means I was wrong the first time, because most of the movie takes place months later, in 1910! Certainly it's no earlier than 1908, since there are Ford Model Ts driving around.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ok, so you know that nice heart warming Christmas classic The Snowman

It was written by a guy called Raymond Briggs, who then to to write the Lovely film when the wind blows

A similarly heart warming tale about an elderly English couple in the country side and their slow agonizing deaths from radiation poisoning as they wait full of hope in their duck and cover-level quality shelter for the government to come save them in a cold war gone hot scenario.

:suicide:

edit: plague dogs

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 25, 2016

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Anyway, here's something for all you animus out there

https://streamable.com/xz7i

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Don't even loving bring up Plague Dogs, as soon as that song in the credits starts playing I start crying and I never stop

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Don't even loving bring up Plague Dogs, as soon as that song in the credits starts playing I start crying and I never stop

Plague Dogs can make a grown man cry just reading the synopsis. Same guy who made Watership Down. Also, this t-shirt owns:

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

i borred a suit from my dad and am pretending i have a big new computer job while i am dating an attractive nurse i borrowed a tape recorder and am about to play the sound of a telephone ringing so i can pretending i have a mobile telephone device

Posted from my iPad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ILY LSD

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

brave little toaster was awesome

the winner for scariest kids movie moment is pink elephants on parade from dumbo, for the record

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Cubey posted:

brave little toaster was awesome

the winner for scariest kids movie moment is pink elephants on parade from dumbo, for the record

Too many kids movies these days don't scar children for life. I'll give props to Toy Story 3 for having the entire cast accept inevitably death before being rescued though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

frytechnician posted:

Plague Dogs can make a grown man cry just reading the synopsis. Same guy who made Watership Down. Also, this t-shirt owns:

/Am bones.

Can confirm this shirt owns me.

• Locked thread