Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

waitwhatno posted:

Trans people should only be allowed to use the type of bathroom that corresponds to their legal sex.

good thing that is super easy to do in every state and not something that takes a long time during which period you sitll have to use the wrong bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i sit down to pee and, hell, i like it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Frosted Flake posted:

I respectfully disagree with a certain conception of gender, privately.

you do this neither privately nor respectfully when you post about how it's self-constructed on the internet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Why do are cisgender people being called "privileged" when compared to transgender people, when it's the transgender people who are the only people ever who have had the privilege of choosing their gender?

they didn't choose either, op, hope this helps. namaste.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"why are cis people considered privileged just because they aren't beaten and murdered for who they are"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i live in a right to work state where most workers can be fired for Literally No Reason At All

that's at-will not right to work, yet another thing commie nedfladners doesnt understand

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maybe, but if you're a man, how can you have any idea what it feels like to be a woman?

isn't treating a male fantasy of womanhood as equivalent to a woman's subjective experience of womanhood simply a performative type of Mansplaining?

i'm pretty sure you handwaving away the experiences of trans people as fantasies of *hood is some kind of 'splaining, and also that you're a trashfire

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hey if i'm asking questions you're heard a million times before, then i would think you probably have thought about it very thoroughly and have some well reasoned answers that can be explained without resorting to insults or disingenuous posturing

hey i think if your arguments are literally the same bigoted bullshit as a million other people it is not on the people you're being a shitheel towards to prove that no see the shape of black people's skulls does not mean they're genetically inferior to the glorious white man

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
trans women are just men indulging in fantasies of womanhood, now be respectful to me or you won't change my mind

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

can you give me some tips on how to show more respect and avoid being indecent because it seems i'm mistakingly making missteps

calling being trans a "male fantasy of womanhood" is a thing to avoid, fyi

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

if you would teach me a reasonable and concise and fair response against this argument, i would be happy to use it myself

this is how to win over people to your cause

dogg you don't get to do this when you start from "male fantasy of womanhood"

you don't get to complain about being treated with respect

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i don't exactly understand this but it seems more and more that the attitude is "if you don't already get it, we have no interest in talking to your stupid disrespectful self" which is a really short sighted way to spread awareness or grow a movement in a hostile cultural environment

sorry for fighting at your black panther party

dude you're saying straight up gross hateful poo poo and then pretending you don't understand how it's gross hateful poo poo and demanding respect

get fuckin bent, do your own fuckin research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

blowfish posted:

You are arguing on the level of an angry teenager.

turn on your monitor

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread