Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I don't ask for much but could we please make this the background of every subforum in the forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
For anyone who isn't able to watch, this tweet from Luke Thomas sums up the afternoon pretty well:

https://twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/status/712375150272876544

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Unless I'm reading the situation wrong, they probably have the votes to pass this but still have to go through the process of allowing all reps to comment and ask questions.

Yup that's my understanding. Basically the supporters of the bill are quiet because they don't need to convince any more people. They're just letting the doubters and those who object have one last moment.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

this woman is the mother who doesn't let you play any of the good video games

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWeidmanUFC/status/712382246083293184

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

gently caress yeah gay dude

I'm really sorry Mr. Titone had to deal with O'Donnell's "NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH GAY PEOPLE PUNCHING EACH OTHER!" rhetoric

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Kenneth Zebrowski sending it home

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Apparently after this guy there's supposed to be 10 more people to speak

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This guy putting over Weidman big time.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWeidmanUFC/status/712389474139938817

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Has anyone been keeping tally for those who support/those who oppose? Feels kind of even.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Like overall or just people who are talking

both. The speakers who have talked the most have been the most negative, but that's a given. usually the supporters just say a quick piece or story and sit back down. From since I've been watching:

For MMA in NY:

Gamer guy, Hands of Stone Rivera, Goldfinger, Fire Island Visitor, Black Karate fighter, Brief Hispanic Woman, OG supporter, Guy with a Moustache, Pro Wrestler

Against MMA in NY:

Rosie O'Donnell's brother, Ugly Woman, Ugly Man, Scary Mother, Child Rapists, This Woman, probably others

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I could just tell from looking at him that Marcos Crespo supports MMA

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

And this helps with what I was wondering:

https://twitter.com/LaMonicaMark/status/712396802562072576

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

holy poo poo it's finally coming to a close?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ishin posted:

Oh man after all that they get to speak about why they voted a certain way? Will it ever end?

at least these guys do seem to be keeping it <1 minute, which is fine.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I'm telling you I wake up every day thankful I did not grow up as this woman's child. holeeee poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

https://twitter.com/jim_genia/status/712407748542128128
https://twitter.com/jim_genia/status/712407487576743936

Apparently the bill has passed, the rest of this is just a formality. We did it ya'll. and by did it I mean nothing, but we get to watch a really good card in a few months!

• Locked thread