Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, I don't think Tom James as President is guaranteed at all. Veep's finales have a way of scrambling the new status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I assume that either now that Selina isn't prez Mike will keep his job or that President Tom James will keep him on or assign him to Jonah's old job or something just to torture Selina.

Yeah, she's going to be once again an irrelevant and powerless political presence so all those top level people in Mike's field she was just interviewing aren't going to want her PR rep job anymore so she might as well stick with the incompetent but harmless dude she knows

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Selina becoming President again through the incompetence of others and replacing a incredibly popular president would be fantastic. Like she just keeps getting "half" terms as President.

Last time she became president through no effort on her part. If they go this route again, I'd love it if Selina orchestrated Tom James' downfall personally.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Veep can be like a good version of House of Cards.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

i am the bird posted:

Veep can be like a good version of House of Cards.

A lot more plausible too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dazerbeams posted:

Last time she became president through no effort on her part.

The series finale will show that the FLOTUS didn't actually commit suicide.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Imagine Congressman Ryan in committee.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm kind of hoping that the writers are relying on American ignorance of the political system to pull a fast one and her staff just thinks it's over, but the Speaker gets annoyed at Tom for some reason and cake another vote and she wins it.

Still JLD killed it in that last scene Auth everyone applauding her.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There have been 10 new bonus scenes added on Catherine's film website since the last time I checked (19 bonus scenes, 7 extra interviews total): https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com/bonusscenes/

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

"A magical-realist re-imagining of 75 hours in the life of Amelia Earhart after her fateful plane crash and her spiritual awakening and metaphysical transformation on a deserted South Seas island that may be more than what it appears. Based on the unpublished short story “I, Amelia.”

I have an MFA. That is entirely too accurate a descriptor.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
People keep pitching spin-offs in here but the one I really want to see is about the two of them running Marjorine Films / their animal sanctuary. :)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
"Too bad Goebbels killed himself."

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

So where does the show go next season? Does Bob's comment about the missing votes being found amount to anything?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Clevermuldoon posted:

So where does the show go next season? Does Bob's comment about the missing votes being found amount to anything?

I think this means there's going to be a recount of some sort but honestly, this episode almost felt like a series finale. That long shot of Selina stoically listening to the parade in the background was very "this is it, boys."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Yeah, that actually felt like a Season Finale? I mean I thought there was going to be another season?

Also what was the deal with Catherine's hard drive? Did she have her film on there?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's renewed through at least next season.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

That was fuckin great.

Really excited to see where the show is headed. Selina could do a lot of new stuff!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm down for more congressman Jonah, but I don't really know where everyone else goes from here.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
It was the series finale of Selina's time in the White House. :haw: Or maybe not? Maybe they will do some recount thing but I wouldn't know.

Hollismason posted:

Also what was the deal with Catherine's hard drive? Did she have her film on there?

I got the impression that Selina wanted to either use or get rid of incriminating evidence that was in Catherine's files for the movie.

A highlight for me was when Richard found Jonah the interns that Jonah didn't realize he wanted.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Her plan at the end of the House vote was to get Jonah to vote against her so she could run in 4 years. Since it wasn't her party's candidate who is President I assume she could still do that?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, ultimately this is kind of what she wanted at the end of the previous episode? I don't see the show doing a time jump, but I could see them running with her in the private sector for two seasons, then jumping back into a big campaign mode for a final season?

Also not sure what the Nevada votes means going forward. Will it be addressed or brushed under the table because the source won't actually inform the actual Selina?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The missing ballots thing was just an extra joke, next season is going to be about being a former president.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yeah, I don't think Tom James as President is guaranteed at all. Veep's finales have a way of scrambling the new status quo.

YAAAAAS.

Then again, I'm shocked they went this far.

As a history nerd I loving love it. Being an ex-president is an untapped vein for tv or movies. Hell, Carter and Nixon were conducting secret talks and basically running shadow diplomacy missions at various points.

This is what I literally begged Scandal to do, given how they've exhausted every possible story with Fitz.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

That was kind of a weird episode. Felt more like a series finale. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Narcissus1916 posted:

YAAAAAS.

Then again, I'm shocked they went this far.

As a history nerd I loving love it. Being an ex-president is an untapped vein for tv or movies. Hell, Carter and Nixon were conducting secret talks and basically running shadow diplomacy missions at various points.

This is what I literally begged Scandal to do, given how they've exhausted every possible story with Fitz.

Scandal is just as likely to have Fitz fake his own death and join the covert assassination squad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That was probably the most depressing episode all season.

Zero One posted:

Her plan at the end of the House vote was to get Jonah to vote against her so she could run in 4 years. Since it wasn't her party's candidate who is President I assume she could still do that?

Her opponent would be a sitting president who freed Tibet within minutes of her presidency and got a Nobel piece price for it. How could she ever compete with that?
Montez ist the worst. That fake Mexican show is really awful.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Clevermuldoon posted:

So where does the show go next season?
Not to Selina eating out George Washinton's zombified wooden rear end in a top hat, sadly.

I think my favorite parts were Gary's meltdown (obviously) and Tom not even making it through the "you're gonna be a BIG part of this administration" speech without cracking up.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 27, 2016

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
It kinda seems like Selena probing about where the new president was born is gonna lead into Birther-Selena...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ultramiraculous posted:

It kinda seems like Selena probing about where the new president was born is gonna lead into Birther-Selena...

To be fair, La-oooh-ra was super sketchy about her Ohio residence.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Propaganda Machine posted:

To be fair, La-oooh-ra was super sketchy about her Ohio residence.

I think that was just because it clashed with her Latino-friendly political image, which she presumably crafted to win in New Mexico.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jeb Bush sold a 75 dollar guacamole bowl on his website because his wife is hispanic.

La-ooh-ra is totally within bounds.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Literally the entire season was setting up punchlines to a string full of jokes in episode 9. What an amazing episode. It's a bummer that it doesn't work as a standalone because it relies so heavily on watching everything up to this point pretty closely and you have to watch basically 48 episodes for it to make sense why this is one of my favorite comedy episodes ever.

Edit: I have not watched the finales for any of the HBO shows yet

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Nice shoes.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Great capper. I would watch a political drama with JLD as the lead. She's so good.

So Jonah has ball cancer.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Great, ballsy finale. They could've so easily had her become VP and still had it be satisfying, but this was better.

e: heh, balls

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Obviously not as funny as episode 9 but still fantastic. I'm looking forward to next season already because they could go so many different directions. I'm picturing a hosed up version of the classic Muppets "gotta get the gang back together!" scenario. Mike is Fozzie Bear, of course.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I just realized Jonah didn't even follow his own advice to check 'em and not neglect 'em.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ShakeZula posted:

I think that was just because it clashed with her Latino-friendly political image, which she presumably crafted to win in New Mexico.

Wasn't that a private conversation? It doesn't really affect her image.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah she's not going to go Trump on her, it was just Selina being salty as hell and calling her out for the over the top pandering to the hispanics in her state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The joke is that she is a white woman from Ohio named Laura who married a Mexican man and started playing that up for political purposes

• Locked thread