Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

TheDon01 posted:

Her sister said CVS and not CBS right?

Even if she said CBS it'll turn out to be something other than the CBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"That's clearly a vote for Meyer, it's written right there."
"It says gently caress Selena Meyer. :geno:"
"No It says, gently caress, Selena Meyer"
This is so ridiculous.

"How is Susan..:" "divorced" "-not in jail?"
I'm really impressed by this show.

Lycus posted:

Catherine, out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine, out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine... Out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine. So Out!
She's the worst mother.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 2, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
She said CVS, he heard CBS, that was the joke.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Loved the old guy Ben likes casually dropping that Sue has been workin there since the 80s.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

My favorite background plot is the CHINESE HACKERS.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

"So uh, did you catch The Godfather on TV last night?"
"No."
"There was nothing like seeing it in the theatre, when it first came out... back in '72."
"I don't care for movies."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I hope they do more stuff on Sue's age. Also I like the thought of Kent watching something like The Godfather. He'd want to be the consiglieri.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I love that Kent still tries to correct people on how to say Nevada the right way and they just ignore him.

Also Jonah's "I'm not the Man with No Name, I'm the man with mo' game" line was great.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

Loved the old guy Ben likes casually dropping that Sue has been workin there since the 80s.

I wondered if they are setting up a punchline about this old campaign operator guy having dementia and nobody bothering to check it out - with him confusing Nebraska with Nevada he might be confusing Sue for another black woman who used to work at the White House.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Someone please gif Jonah's pained walk in his snazzy new boots. I liked the foreshadowing for it in the earlier scene with the quick shot of Jonah checking out the Nevada guy's boots.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

twoot posted:

I wondered if they are setting up a punchline about this old campaign operator guy having dementia and nobody bothering to check it out - with him confusing Nebraska with Nevada he might be confusing Sue for another black woman who used to work at the White House.
Oh right, I didn't even think of that.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I'm not sure which is going to backfire more: Meyer screwing over Tom James, Meyer screwing over Catherine, Meyer screwing over Amy, or Meyer screwing that banker.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 2, 2016

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Roger Sterling finally hosed his way to the White House :c00l:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

twoot posted:

....well thats definitely going to be what it is

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MoPZiG posted:

Roger Sterling finally hosed his way to the White House :c00l:

Oh god, I knew I recognized him from somewhere. In fact he appeared in civil war. It's good hold Howard Stark.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

twoot posted:

I think he referred to her by name.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ego-bot posted:

I think he referred to her by name.

Maybe she introduced herself on the way in and his mind is so far gone that he doesn't remember if events happened today or 30 years ago.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy loving poo poo https://www.splettnet.net/ exists and is fantastic

pages upon pages of tom bombadil conjecture, yes please

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

Maybe she introduced herself on the way in and his mind is so far gone that he doesn't remember if events happened today or 30 years ago.

Sue doesn't seem like the type to introduce herself.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

twoot posted:

This was my first thought when he started saying crazy euphemisms. Two fires, one glove!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Aliquid posted:

Ahh man, I can't stop reading this

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love that HBO is going all out with these fake websites. That blog is even better than the Pied Piper site.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

Even before I asked myself the question, “Why can’t they raise boneless chickens?” I already had the answer. I don’t even know why I asked the question. Must be getting close to lunch.

But now that I think about it, they can grow square potatoes. (I think they do it in a mold. I saw one once.) So maybe boneless chickens are a possibility. But what kind of life would a boneless chicken have? Okay, sorry I suggested it.

quote:

Had the freakiest dream last night. I went to brush my teeth, and the tube was clearly marked ‘gel,’ but regular white toothpaste came out. I was like, ‘this has to be a dream.’ Luckily, it was.

I’ve heard that tooth dreams are about the fear of getting old. That isn’t something I worry about much, though, so I don’t know.

quote:

Upon watching The Avengers again last night (thank you, TBS!), struck by this realization: When the Chitauri attack New York, the police and national guard seem completely overwhelmed, even though they are armed with assault rifles. But Romanoff and Barton are able to kill dozens of them with a handgun and bow and arrow, which would presumably have a shorter range and less stopping power than military assault rifles. So, what’s up, National Guard? Are you guys just really bad shots? Panicky under pressure? Other than the big flying monsters, if these guys are vulnerable to arrows and 9mm bullets, shouldn’t you be able to stop them? Filpside, Loki — this is the best invading force you can come up with? How are you going to imprison the Earth with a few hundred dudes who can’t handle arrows? The whole movie is starting to unravel on me. Don’t get me started on Ultron.”

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What is Richard's SA username?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
'gently caress a bag of glass' is my new go to insult.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lycus posted:

What is Richard's SA username?

*insert random CD spergelord here*

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chris Addison of "The Thick of It" directed the latest episode. Thought that was pretty interesting.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Chris Addison of "The Thick of It" directed the latest episode. Thought that was pretty interesting.

He's been a part of the writing/directing team since the first season I think. He probably did similar stuff on The Thick of It and In The Loop too and Iannucci brought him along for Veep.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, he's directed 2-3 episodes every season since the 2nd. This year he even did four of the first five.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Aliquid posted:

Splettnet posted:

Even before I asked myself the question, “Why can’t they raise boneless chickens?” I already had the answer. I don’t even know why I asked the question. Must be getting close to lunch.

But now that I think about it, they can grow square potatoes. (I think they do it in a mold. I saw one once.) So maybe boneless chickens are a possibility. But what kind of life would a boneless chicken have? Okay, sorry I suggested it.

This is so magical. :allears:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fuckin ollie

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The sue-age thing just reminded me that Chris Addison himself is in his mid 40s despite looking about 19.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Found this gem in an old Veep thread:

quote:

GaussianCopula posted:
As a senator from Maryland it's pretty clear she's a Democrat.

Top candidates for office

- A black guy
- An young Asian guy
- An out of touch white guy from the private sector.
- A woman

Clearly its the democratic party. Can you imagine how the Republican party would splinter if those were their candidates.

:laugh:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
"Ma'am, no one chose to live in the matrix."

Edit: and whoever called that Bob was going to unravel, nailed it.

Edit 2: holy poo poo, Richard's voice mail message, such a goon

tomapot fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 9, 2016

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Richard is an amazing political operator.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Splett2@splettnet.net

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The last part with the lawyer was lame, but solid episode otherwise.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

At this rate, a chinese hacker will be elected president.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also Mike's reaction at the end, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Is Selina's comment about the queen gonna be what leads to Cuntgate?

• Locked thread