Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
A woman president? Maybe in the year 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Stare-Out posted:

Also Mike's reaction at the end, holy poo poo.

This. That's the first time this show punched me in the gut.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Anya posted:

Haha I know, I caught myself doing a pathetic "awww Mike...." :smith: as I realized what he was saying.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
This was the first truly good episode of the season. Lots of great moments.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mike :( I hope you get your Chinese baby in the end. You've worked so hard to get ready.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Anya posted:

Yeah, when I saw the scene I started a Nelson HA-ha laugh but realized I genuinely felt sorry for Mike. He may be inept and poo poo, but he seems like an okay guy.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Yeah I like seeing him be inept, but watching him fumble the announcement as he realized what he was reading, kinda sad.

BUTTFUCKER

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The biggest difference between TTOI and Verp is that some of the later's characters are pretty symphatic, while the first one almost exclusively featured assholes. The tone was also pretty different, TTOI was much more cynical in its approach, while Veep is more lighthearted and comedic.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TTOI is the Gervais Office and Veep is the Carell Office (the good episodes).

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I couldn't stop laughing when Mike realized he couldn't adopt

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You monster

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Splettnet has his full ringtone. This is excellent.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Mile and Furlong showdown on the restaurant was the highlight

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
Furlong is such an irredeemable sack of poo poo. I'd love to see Will gently caress him over.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Thermite posted:

Furlong is such an irredeemable sack of poo poo. I'd love to see Will gently caress him over.

Hey now, he was taking Will and his wife out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Also his insults are funny as hell.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dazerbeams posted:

Hey now, he was taking Will and his wife out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Also his insults are funny as hell.

He's a less charismatic Malcom Tucker and it is a god drat shame he doesn't have a larger role in the show. That being said I want to see him hosed over so badly.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Unlike Tucker he doesn't have any responsibility, he's just there to deliver by far the best lines in the show. I was losing it during that restaurant scene.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Furlong is ridiculous but I definitely think he could be overexposed

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked that Furlong part

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Abu Dave posted:

I really liked that Furlong part

And those sort of quick bits are perfect for the character, anything more and I feel like he would be too much of a gimmick

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
D'aww. Her parenting skills are just like her mothers. :3:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That entire episode was goddamn amazing. The funeral scene had me close to peeing my pants. Kent and Ben slay me every time they're talking.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"There are so many friendly and diverse faces here and I wish that mother were alive to see.. this on her property."

Gary slumped in the wheelchair like Hawking killed me.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This season has been knocking it out of the park. Kent's private discussion with Selina is probably my 2nd favorite Kent moment, just behind telling Catherine that America hates her.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, that episode was absolutely great. The black humor of Selina's stoic disregard toward her mother's death and funeral synchronized with the Nevada results outcome so perfectly.

:lol: Catherine wasn't there when they pulled the tube

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Cancel it like Anne Frank's bat mitzvah"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Stare-Out posted:

Gary slumped in the wheelchair like Hawking killed me.
Also the way they reveal that Catherine is also there crying her eyes out is amazing.

Such a good episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I forgot, what's gonna happen now that she's lost the re-count?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Senate votes on a president. It's in the intro!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Illinois Smith posted:

I forgot, what's gonna happen now that she's lost the re-count?

Don't be embarrassed, they had to google it, too.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Long story short she's gonna end up as Tom James's veep

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Yes. Anything else would be quite surprising at this point. But even though there isn't really any tension, I really want to see how they get to that point. I guess it's more about the journey than the destination.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This show is like a comedy version of House of Cards. I love it though, Kent is the best.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

This show is like a comedy version of House of Cards. I love it though, Kent is the best.

It's basically how House of Cards would play out for most career politicians.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Of course Kent would name his cat Fibonacci.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've started working in politics, and Jonah is SO accurate it hurts.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIbzUnhTp4

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wow big self-own here

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Fast Luck posted:

I wonder if she'd really accept though, considering she'd rather get shot in the loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lycus posted:

I wonder if she'd really accept though, considering she'd rather get shot in the loving face.

He will just tell the press how she graciously accepted, forcing her to do it. Now that I think about it, I'd be really disappointed if this wont happen. Payback is always great.

• Locked thread