Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Vegetable posted:

I'm saying the Chinese she's speaking is actually real bad. If you understand the language in any measure the whole scene looks really stupid.

Fortunately the audience neither speaks Chinese nor gives a poo poo. Every Asian actor in the room could have been speaking a different language and no one would care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The Chinese thought they were being blown off so the president could make out with her daughter while wearing a priceless piece of Chinese cultural heritage.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
President wants to deal with Jonah. President tells Finnish prime minister that she's dealing with a mid east crisis. She takes Chinese delegation for a walk. They see Marge dressed in the qipao from behind, assume it is the president, and then watch her make out with the president's daughter. The Finnish prime minister already actively hates Selina. Now all parties assume that they've not only been lied to, but lied to so that the president can openly engage in incest.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The car accident was when I lost it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm not sure of that in this fictional scenario. If the Speaker blocked the vote for two years, won reelection and remained Speaker for another two, the acting president is still only technically a vice president for that period. I think where the show gets it wrong is that there would absolutely be a primary after four years.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm kind of hoping that the writers are relying on American ignorance of the political system to pull a fast one and her staff just thinks it's over, but the Speaker gets annoyed at Tom for some reason and cake another vote and she wins it.

Still JLD killed it in that last scene Auth everyone applauding her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Nice shoes.

• Locked thread