Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This season has been knocking it out of the park. Kent's private discussion with Selina is probably my 2nd favorite Kent moment, just behind telling Catherine that America hates her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Cloud Botherer.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I never knew how much I needed Jonah to run for Congress until this moment.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is shaping up to be my favorite season of the show. Jonah's uncle might be the best new addition this season. "They make you look half-smart, you loving goon! You know what they called people like you back in my day? Retards."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

xcore posted:

What was the joke with Mike seeing O'Brien at the Korean BBQ place? Is it to do with being stood up at dinner, the fact he is making moves for the presidency with key bigwigs or something else?

It was Tom James, and last episode everyone (especially Ben) thought Dan was totally insane for thinking something was going on between Tom & Sidney Purcell because Tom kept plugging products Sidney was lobbying for in his TV appearances. Mike seeing them there together confirmed it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

waitwhatno posted:

Didn't Mike talk to Tom James about the groupon and Korean BBQ before? Tom knew he would meet Mike there, it's a false flag operation. :tinfoil:

Nope! Dan, Sue, Marjorie, Kent & I'm pretty sure Ben.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realleonwest/status/729523384120451073

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jon H. has several new ads up on his campaign website. The Sick Eagle is an absolute masterpiece :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Factor Mystic posted:

This season feels really fresh for some reason. You'd think by now it'd be tired and done, but cast additions like Richard and Joh*h running for congress really make it compelling.

Boosting the secondary & tertiary characters is what's keeping this show so great. Dropping Jonah, Dan & Amy from the Veep staff and letting them spread their wings (even if only for a bit) has really helped lift the past few seasons. Add in Catherine and everything that's been going on with her this season and you've got a ton of wells to draw from for stories.

Edit: this season added an extra layer of vulgarity & crass onto the dialogue as well, which works well with the sense of frustration from the Meyer campaign.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 7, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah's campaign site now has music :allears: Plus a few new videos, including this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvDYVWrRNDU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta have a primo spot for that Cube!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah Ryan is a loving Congressman!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ben laughing at Jonah shooting himself might be one of my favorite moments on this show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

Yeah Jonah loving up and not voting for himself and instead Jon h Ryan was loving great

"Uh, but good news is, you're only 3 points behind Jon. H. Ryan, whoever that is" killed me.

Followed up by Jonah's uncle: "Hey slick....what's blondie's situation?? Does she choke for coke?"
Dan: ":geno:...... you should ask her"
Uncle: *nods* "yeah"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mother of god, that was a great episode. Different than what I expected it to be, but perfectly Catherine at the same time. All of her spying was hilarious & brutal (Mike :( ) and her dancing naked dude thing at the start of the episode had me in tears laughing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dancing Peasant posted:

Hey!

This is an elementary school! Watch your spewing mouth you animal!

In an episode full of great moments, this was probably the greatest. Also, right before it happened Catherine managed to fit in the b-roll of the fax machine :)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
After this episode I'm pretty comfortable calling this my favorite season as well. The main plot has been entertaining, the dialogue and jokes have felt sharper, and having such strong setups & payoffs for Jonah & Catherine's side stories really push it over the top.

e: YES!
https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 20, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There have been 10 new bonus scenes added on Catherine's film website since the last time I checked (19 bonus scenes, 7 extra interviews total): https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com/bonusscenes/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah she's not going to go Trump on her, it was just Selina being salty as hell and calling her out for the over the top pandering to the hispanics in her state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

An Urgent Note From The Filmmakers
Shortly after the completion of the final cut of "Kissing Your Sister," the hard drive containing the finished film as well as all the raw footage disappeared sometime between the night of Jan. 16 -- when it was placed in the back seat of Catherine's maroon Prius parked outside the Fuzz Box nightclub on 70s karaoke night -- and around noon on Jan. 17 -- when it was noticed missing from the car then parked in front of Old Bailey's, a popular Georgetown brunch spot. The hard drive, a 4 terabyte LaCie in an orange case, is irreplaceable and contains all of our work for the past six months. PLEASE if you have it or know who does, contact us at realcatherinemeyer@gmail.com immediately!! A generous reward is offered, no questions asked. Help!!

• Locked thread