Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There is a 100% chance that Catherine's footage is going to be a big factor in the season's final episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Catherine, out.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

She said CVS, he heard CBS, that was the joke.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

What is Richard's SA username?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Long story short she's gonna end up as Tom James's veep

I wonder if she'd really accept though, considering she'd rather get shot in the loving face.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I didn't even think about that. Poetic justice. That would be hilarious, she'd be furious.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 19, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I didn't notice that at all. I imagine they won't tell him that he's climbing in the polls as an out and proud gay man, because he'd gently caress that up too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I really, really want O'Brien to win in the House, be certified, then die the next day.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I love Jon H. bonding with Dan a little bit.

And in Season 6, Jon H. is going to be a congressman, but still come by to hang around with the main cast all the time.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 7, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

New Hampshire has 2 Congressional districts. Not sure how that would work when a Presidential election gets thrown to the House, since in that case there are 50 votes - one for each state delegation and if they don't agree I don't know what happens. The show doesn't seem to know the state delegation thing.

It's the difference between a Democratic vote or an abstention and Selena needs 26 Democratic votes. Each one counts.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yes, Jonah won!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I hope something doesn't happen that gets Jonah removed, I need him to stay a congressman for the rest of the series.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Loved Gary offering to carry Marjorie's bag in order to swipe the gift.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

As fun as Selina actually being in charge has been (complete with her own Nixon moment during Cuntgate) I think I'd prefer a return to her constantly being poo poo on and scrapping for some level of influence, only with a hyper-smug Hugh Laurie instead of an anonymous POTUS just out of frame.

Either way I'm super excited to see where they take it. The whole thing probably getting decided by a combo of Jonah and Catherine is fantastic.

Right now, my favorite prediction is:

1) House elects O'Brien, Senate elects Tom. Selena's pissed.
2) O'Brien dies before inauguration. Selena thinks it's hilarious.
3) Tom publicly nominates Selena for Veep without her agreement. Selena is pissed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I think it's funny that despite all her failings she managed to broker peace in the middle east and the dual government with Tibet yet everyone still doesn't like her. She just falls into success.

Selena historically makes peace and fails. Jonah shoots himself and wins. American politics.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you take over at the end of a term can you still run for two full terms after?

If you served for less than two years of the term you took over.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Just curious, did I miss a random shot of a copier in Catherine's movie?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

After that wall punch, there's no way that Tom doesn't publicly nominate Selina for veep and say she accepted.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

waitwhatno posted:

Can someone help out a goon with bad memory? I already forgot how American politics work. Why is the Senate going to hand the presidency to Tom James?

It's not how it really works, the show is just simplifying it for comedy.

Real life: the Senate picks the Vice President-elect. The House would keep voting until someone got 26. If Inauguration Day came, Tom would become Acting President and the House would keep re-voting. When someone finally gets 26, they would be President and Tom would be Vice President.

In the show: the House vote only happens once, so if no one wins, the Vice-president-elect becomes the President-elect.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 21, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

So would the Senate just vote FOR a vice president (separate from the top of the ticket) or would they be choosing the next President? And if the Senate were deadlocked like the House, would that then lead to the current VP acting as President. Oy.

I'd say this is all pie in the sky, but there's lots of ways for a tie to happen with our current math. Lots.

In reality, the Senate just votes for Veep. They're effectively voting for president in the show due to how the show changed the rules.

A deadlock in the Senate is extremely unlikely since representatives voting evenly differently in a state delegation is what creates abstentions and senators vote individually. But if that were to happen, I guess the Speaker of the House would become Acting President on Inauguration Day.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Question: Did she get into the Oval Office with more or less than a half term to go?

Less. The primary was going on when POTUS resigned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oh, heh, Catherine did use the B-roll of the fax machine, I missed that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_muYXDXD_8

Lord Hydronium posted:

Since the Speaker is in league with Tom, they mentioned that he would only allow the one vote to be held. Now that would probably be of questionable constitutionality as well, and there are ways for the House to force a vote without the Speaker, but it was addressed.

I completely missed that. I guess in real life, Selina and O'Brien could take it to the Supreme Court and force re-votes, but this is a comedy and the Jonah stuff is funnier.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 22, 2016

• Locked thread