Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

God this show is on point! Mike's physical comedy is a national treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

twoot posted:

I wondered if they are setting up a punchline about this old campaign operator guy having dementia and nobody bothering to check it out - with him confusing Nebraska with Nevada he might be confusing Sue for another black woman who used to work at the White House.

This was my first thought when he started saying crazy euphemisms. Two fires, one glove!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mike :( I hope you get your Chinese baby in the end. You've worked so hard to get ready.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Thermite posted:

Furlong is such an irredeemable sack of poo poo. I'd love to see Will gently caress him over.

Hey now, he was taking Will and his wife out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Also his insults are funny as hell.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Of course Kent would name his cat Fibonacci.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"My boyfriend's not a billionaire!" End shot of him and Dan holding hands in front of a cheering crowd.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

Oh my god please yes. They'll be fighting like normal but everybody will think its a bickering couple.

There was a bit of understanding bromance right before Jonah's speech. I think it will turn into some kind of awkward sometimes friendship that no one else gets.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Veep will become a series of lost presidential elections where Selina somehow remains VP before taking over office through unusual circumstances. You can only be elected for two terms, but Selina will never be voted in!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"Alright! I wanted to gently caress your brains out!"

"There ya go! And now you're trying to gently caress me tonight!"

"No, I am loving you tonight."

"No, I'm gonna gently caress you!"

Have a shorter reaction gif.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Also, this might not have been intended as a joke but I find it hilarious that nobody believed Dan when he said Tom James was in bed with Purcell, but Mike of all people saying it has everyone on board.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Cliff Racer posted:

I think Kent's jokes have become really obvious and he's more a shell of himself (he was introduced as being really important and influential, remember?) But Jonah is less of a caricature as he was during the Ryantology poo poo. Still is one (the two way mirror segment was cringeworthy for this reason, for instance) but not as much as he was back then. However, I think that they've done a great job with characters like Mike, Ben and Catherine. Really, those three characters alone have elevated this season higher than show has previously been. Meyers is great too, of course, but then she's always been.

I don't need the sex poo poo though, its HBO and all but the stuff with Selena's ex-husband fell flat in season 1, the Purcell poo poo fell flat this season and the Tom James sex parts fell flat this season and last season.

I like the sex stuff. Sex scandals and politics go hand in hand. It's not gratuitous nudity like other HBO shows. Also, your opinion is wrong as the Tom James parts have been killer.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I want her to win the presidency, going back to being the Veep would just be so... expected. Her becoming president would be cool and her current stint as president has been great already.

And then she'd have to spend the next few seasons actually doing well or else she'll lose the re-election.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Drop Selina Meyer? What the hell is wrong with you?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

If Jonah managed to come back to the White House, Mike can find a way.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

His gut instinct was right about there being a secret meeting about him. :unsmith:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Selina becoming President again through the incompetence of others and replacing a incredibly popular president would be fantastic. Like she just keeps getting "half" terms as President.

Last time she became president through no effort on her part. If they go this route again, I'd love it if Selina orchestrated Tom James' downfall personally.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Totally not expecting that outcome, but I'm excited to see where the show goes from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

mastajake posted:

A line I just heard on CNN, something to the effect of, "Clinton campaign blaming the Russians for leaked email scandal," reminded me of this season's China plot, and the appropriate (if temporally backward) thread title.

Life imitates Art.

• Locked thread