Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chris Addison of "The Thick of It" directed the latest episode. Thought that was pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The last part with the lawyer was lame, but solid episode otherwise.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

So Selina and Tom's source of tension was really just that they wanted to gently caress each other? I wasn't totally sure how to read that scene.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Is it just me or this season has drastically dropped in quality? There is no subtlety anymore and every character is more of a caricature now. Everything about Jonah is absolutely transparent and unfunny.
I don't like the Jonah running for office subplot because it's so blindingly unrealistic, but I don't think the show's drastically gone downhill. It definitely leans more on caricatures than before but funny's still funny.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The best part about those campaign videos is how they linger just a split-second too long at the end and makes Jonah look like a serial killer.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

China's not giving up on Tibet, what the gently caress is this?

Also white characters pretending to be fluent in Chinese without any sense of self-awareness is insanely embarrassing. Reminds me of the time House of Cards tried to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

Do you mean Minna? Because yes, how dare the Finnish international peacemaker character, who is portrayed as super competent compared to our gang of idiots, speak another language besides English on this comedy show!
I'm saying the Chinese she's speaking is actually real bad. If you understand the language in any measure the whole scene looks really stupid.

• Locked thread