Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Illinois Smith posted:

five seasons of Selina being the world's most horrible mom.

"Does your hair have to be that?"

vvv I'm bad with exact quotes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"That's clearly a vote for Meyer, it's written right there."
"It says gently caress Selena Meyer. :geno:"
"No It says, gently caress, Selena Meyer"
This is so ridiculous.

"How is Susan..:" "divorced" "-not in jail?"
I'm really impressed by this show.

Lycus posted:

Catherine, out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine, out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine... Out.

Lycus posted:

Catherine. So Out!
She's the worst mother.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 2, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MoPZiG posted:

Roger Sterling finally hosed his way to the White House :c00l:

Oh god, I knew I recognized him from somewhere. In fact he appeared in civil war. It's good hold Howard Stark.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ego-bot posted:

I think he referred to her by name.

Maybe she introduced herself on the way in and his mind is so far gone that he doesn't remember if events happened today or 30 years ago.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
D'aww. Her parenting skills are just like her mothers. :3:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Long story short she's gonna end up as Tom James's veep

Yes. Anything else would be quite surprising at this point. But even though there isn't really any tension, I really want to see how they get to that point. I guess it's more about the journey than the destination.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lycus posted:

I wonder if she'd really accept though, considering she'd rather get shot in the loving face.

He will just tell the press how she graciously accepted, forcing her to do it. Now that I think about it, I'd be really disappointed if this wont happen. Payback is always great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Literally* everyone reasonably hates him, but for some reason he sticks around, to come up with awful ideas. He's Ted Cruz.

*Splatt doesn't count, he's incapable of hate.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 23, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

"My boyfriend's not a billionaire!" End shot of him and Dan holding hands in front of a cheering crowd.

Oh god! That flew absolutely and completely past me. This show has so many little stuff.

Also I loved it when Gary came in, confessed to have used the C word, Amy was reasonably surprised and Ben just said: "Nah, you didn't." And of course he's right with that.

How is every single one of those characters the best? I can't think of another show which has so many great cast members.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 30, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Veep will become a series of lost presidential elections where Selina somehow remains VP before taking over office through unusual circumstances. You can only be elected for two terms, but Selina will never be voted in!

In season 10 she will be Jonahs VP. She becomes president again, when all of Washington collectively murders him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Someone at HBO really likes throwing money in random directions, to confuse people. That tie looks awful.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jon H. has several new ads up on his campaign website. The Sick Eagle is an absolute masterpiece :allears:

Is that sick bald eagle... America?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Is it just me or this season has drastically dropped in quality? There is no subtlety anymore and every character is more of a caricature now. Everything about Jonah is absolutely transparent and unfunny.

Don't worry, it's just you. Jonah was never a subtile person.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jonah's campaign site now has music :allears: Plus a few new videos, including this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvDYVWrRNDU

"And I see myself in these children."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I the only one who really missed why the Chinese where so upset? When I saw that, I assumed that they just didn't like the lesbian kiss and the fact that a strange woman was wearing that robe. But from their perspective it looked like Selina was french kissing her daughter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

President wants to deal with Jonah. President tells Finnish prime minister that she's dealing with a mid east crisis. She takes Chinese delegation for a walk. They see Marge dressed in the qipao from behind, assume it is the president, and then watch her make out with the president's daughter. The Finnish prime minister already actively hates Selina. Now all parties assume that they've not only been lied to, but lied to so that the president can openly engage in incest.
I can sort of see why they might find this offensive.
But to be fair, at least she spends christmas with her daughter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Nah, sadly we haven't had any great conspiracy theories in this thread.

Throatwarbler and Air is lava just struggled with a heavily explained joke.

Hey now! All I said is that I missed it at first. I didn't mean that I didn't understand it at all, I just meant that I only noticed it a few minutes later.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was the most Jonah thing ever.
He hosed up at technically sabotaging his own party.
There were so many payoffs to set ups from during the season. For example Mikes little "paranoia".

Titan posted:

Such a great episode. Ben messing with Kents books at the end.
That was such a great gag you can fit in one second.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 20, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Okay, that was a good episode. The season redeemed.

How can you redeem something great? Personal tastes I guess, but personally I think this is the best season so far.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

After this episode I'm pretty comfortable calling this my favorite season as well. The main plot has been entertaining, the dialogue and jokes have felt sharper, and having such strong setups & payoffs for Jonah & Catherine's side stories really push it over the top.

e: YES!
https://www.kissingyoursisterfilm.com

Oh nice. She made a list of important women who influenced her life. Queen Elizabeth and Cathrines grandma is on it. Selina is not.

Also, these "Where do you see yourself in 20 years?" questions are interesting.
Ironically, Tom James chance to be president in 20 years seems quite slim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAEBPuO3ik

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 20, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Oh god! There is so much good stuff in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagWBGlIHk0
"He's a friendly guy. Is this little movie gonna be released before or after he's fired?"
"I don't... think that he has emotions, although oddly I think he dislikes me."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 20, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fedelm posted:

It's weird, even though it looked like Jonah was going to screw things up by being late, he arrived in time to fulfill his end and vote for Selina. That he received the phone call too late wasn't even his fault. Or maybe it sort of was, if everyone was so worried about him being late that they didn't think about what to do in case enough congressmen abstained. Then again, they should have planned for that earlier. Selina seemed so focused on not thinking about losing that she didn't think of a back-up plan until it was too late.

The vote was not even close. Even if all three abstainers had voted for Selina, the result would have been the same. O'Malley actually secured 25 votes. Otherwise Jonahs vote would have been useless either way.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 20, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Keep in mind that this is a theoretical scenario which never happened before.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Last time she became president through no effort on her part.

The series finale will show that the FLOTUS didn't actually commit suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was probably the most depressing episode all season.

Zero One posted:

Her plan at the end of the House vote was to get Jonah to vote against her so she could run in 4 years. Since it wasn't her party's candidate who is President I assume she could still do that?

Her opponent would be a sitting president who freed Tibet within minutes of her presidency and got a Nobel piece price for it. How could she ever compete with that?
Montez ist the worst. That fake Mexican show is really awful.

• Locked thread