Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've started working in politics, and Jonah is SO accurate it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know a few friends who have claimed that this season is lacking something.

Maybe that was true with the first few episodes, but Mother and C*ntgate are instant classics.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This seasons feels MUCH better at building arcs.

The campaign stuff last year was a lot of fun, but huge chunks of the timeline were cut out. Like, Selena is hugely unliked, and then america loves her? And then they don''t? Its all super abstract and just a bunch of funny set pieces.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm slightly misremembering things, but the show kinda botched the general election stuff. We never got a good sense of the republican candidate, for instance. The primary stuff was marginally better.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I dug the first few episodes pretty much from the word go, but a few friends voiced concerns.

The double header of Mom and Cuntgate shut everyone up.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jonah Ryan as a congressman is incredible. And we're headed for a finale where he will literally be able to dictate whatever he wants Selena to do. Amazing.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'd honestly be okay with a finale where Selena wins the presidency... but Catherine's video leaks.

So she'd be the President, but also a complete drat buffoon.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A show-within-a-show is comedy gold, though. Seeing Jonah as an impotent congressman is PERFECT

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy hell. "Silent Crimes/Keystone Pipeline".

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Ben's made several hilariously racist jokes about the Chinese this whole season.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So would the Senate just vote FOR a vice president (separate from the top of the ticket) or would they be choosing the next President? And if the Senate were deadlocked like the House, would that then lead to the current VP acting as President. Oy.

I'd say this is all pie in the sky, but there's lots of ways for a tie to happen with our current math. Lots.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Mike is clearly the most incompetent out of the major cast. I'd love to see him in the private sector too, falling forever upward.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, I don't think Tom James as President is guaranteed at all. Veep's finales have a way of scrambling the new status quo.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

"A magical-realist re-imagining of 75 hours in the life of Amelia Earhart after her fateful plane crash and her spiritual awakening and metaphysical transformation on a deserted South Seas island that may be more than what it appears. Based on the unpublished short story “I, Amelia.”

I have an MFA. That is entirely too accurate a descriptor.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

Yeah, I don't think Tom James as President is guaranteed at all. Veep's finales have a way of scrambling the new status quo.

YAAAAAS.

Then again, I'm shocked they went this far.

As a history nerd I loving love it. Being an ex-president is an untapped vein for tv or movies. Hell, Carter and Nixon were conducting secret talks and basically running shadow diplomacy missions at various points.

This is what I literally begged Scandal to do, given how they've exhausted every possible story with Fitz.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jeb Bush sold a 75 dollar guacamole bowl on his website because his wife is hispanic.

La-ooh-ra is totally within bounds.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm much more curious to know if the leaked video of Gary telling everyone to go gently caress themselves will go public.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

One of the things Mandel mentioned is how they deliberately didn't have Gary deliver a torrent of super complex detailed profanity. It was FAR funnier for him to just yell gently caress you gently caress you gently caress yooou to everyone.

I'm gonna nerd the hell out for a moment and recommend President's Club. Its an entire book dedicated to the friendships and relationships between each President. Kickass antidote after kickass antidote. And one of the things that pops up again and again is how much power an ex-president actually has even though they feel impotent.

What's hilarious is that Meyer's worst nightmare is not going down as a terrible president. Instead, right now she's a bar trivia question in twenty years time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Velisarius posted:

You mean anecdote.

I do. :(

• Locked thread