Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Throatwarbler posted:

Also Patton Oswald did this after his wife's death?

She died April 21st and the season premiered on April 24th. It was probably already filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

I think my favorite scenario is Selina barely winning the House vote, possibly due to Jonah voting the wrong way, and then immediately coming under investigation for impeachment proceedings because of the video.

Season 6 revolving around impeachment trials makes sense as a storyline, so I'm on board with this. The vitriol between Selina and congress would be magnificent.

How long will Dan stay with Jonah?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you take over at the end of a term can you still run for two full terms after?

If you serve less than two years as replacement pres, you can run for two full terms (totaling 10 years as president: two max as a replacement, eight as elected to office).

Selina's eligible to run for a second full term.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Amy said Tom could serve 12 years since he wouldn't be elected to the presidency, but that's not true; he'd still be termed out after 8 in this scenario. That's a joke that could've been cut at no loss, so it's kind of weird for them to write it.

*pushes glasses up nose* politics, you see

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Veep can be like a good version of House of Cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Obviously not as funny as episode 9 but still fantastic. I'm looking forward to next season already because they could go so many different directions. I'm picturing a hosed up version of the classic Muppets "gotta get the gang back together!" scenario. Mike is Fozzie Bear, of course.

• Locked thread