Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
i look back on my life
and it seems to me to be
just one damned kitten
after another

-- archie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have had a horrible tragedy and I am humbly requesting your finest kitties

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Do not take apart gun by yourself, it will cause the trouble and dangerous.

venus de lmao posted:

I have had a horrible tragedy and I am humbly requesting your finest kitties

Hang on, Hattie's on her way!

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Do not take apart gun by yourself, it will cause the trouble and dangerous.
No, really.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Rexie's here to help. We've been having a rough week here ourselves and this is how she likes to help: Snuggling up under a blanket and rubbing on my arm.

My ginger Tyrion won't be more than 10 feet away.

Iskierka will just stare at you wondering what's wrong.

Khan offers a soft, spotted belly (that isn't a trap).

Bishop will just be deliriously happy to receive pets.

Daenerys will just sit there looking pretty.

Bonus: Peanut Hamper and Vin also want to help.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Jinx is upset at JJ's grooming

JJ is evidently unperturbed

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It deserves one of those inflatable neck rings so it can nap and chill.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Basil, Dill & Dorian are here to help

Squinchy face

Sploot

Quality time

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:stare:

https://twitter.com/CameraTrapSue/status/1772278606640644351?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That's just raccoon language for "Cya l8r, shitlords"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's probably some weird trick to confuse wolves that looks dumb to us

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

DarklyDreaming posted:

It's probably some weird trick to confuse wolves that looks dumb to us

Don’t seem so weird to me. If I knew how to do handstands I would do it just to show off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That's just raccoon language for "Cya l8r, shitlords"

Comments mention it actually could be a way to take the strain off an injured rear leg.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://youtu.be/hkyMeEnNYY0?si=iziDUAUCYxioeBIM

I have a pair of 14 year old boys, Hans and Frans. They were foster fails, cause I’m dumb. Anyway, Frans has always been a little bit “not right”, even for a red tabby.

When Hans, Frans, and their sister, Greta were little, they would scale the baby gate that was put up to keep the dog out of their area. Their mom, Claudette, would be cool with Greta and Hans heading on out to the living room from the bedroom, but she would pretty much do what the cat in that video did whenever Frans tried to make a break for it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
https://i.imgur.com/2LF8Wd7.mp4

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Turtle goes zoom, cat... cares? :ohdear:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
That turtle's extreme!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Cowabunga!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Rappaport posted:

Turtle goes zoom, cat... cares? :ohdear:

turt want bite cat

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s6frkjGYwT1w5pr9j.mp4

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I wonder if turtles (or animals in general, see watersliding crocodiles or dogs sliding down a snowy slope) have an equivalent to us thinking "wheeeEEEeee".

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Comments mention it actually could be a way to take the strain off an injured rear leg.

That seems quite likely. Our dog actually used to do the very same thing, usually when peeing. She had a hip issue, so we always suspected it was because she couldn't easily squat down like other dogs would.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Everyone was very comfy the other night.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Perestroika posted:

That seems quite likely. Our dog actually used to do the very same thing, usually when peeing. She had a hip issue, so we always suspected it was because she couldn't easily squat down like other dogs would.

My buddy's chihuahua does this when it's cold out and is taken outside to pee. Then he* pees all down his own front.

*the dog, not the friend

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

mcbexx posted:

I wonder if turtles (or animals in general, see watersliding crocodiles or dogs sliding down a snowy slope) have an equivalent to us thinking "wheeeEEEeee".

At least with fish, seems so.
https://kedreeva.tumblr.com/post/632631528518795264/dovewithscales-slimedivine-dovewithscales

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

The puppies are starting to look like dogs and I can't handle it

They're also starting to "play" in a very wobbly fashion, which at this age mostly involves opening their mouths and kind of waving them at each other

https://i.imgur.com/El8tjg1.mp4

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I... I... wanna see one next to a similarly colored guinea pig

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I... I... wanna see one next to a similarly colored guinea pig

I haven't seen them myself since they were born but based on how old they are they're probably about the size of a guinea pig right now. The whelping pen is about 4 feet square iirc.

oh I forgot to post a very important picture. Puppies find the strangest ways to sleep:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

oooooh puppies

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

oh I forgot to post a very important picture. Puppies find the strangest ways to sleep:

closing time. you three have had enough. now get off my bar

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

MockingQuantum posted:

They're also starting to "play" in a very wobbly fashion, which at this age mostly involves opening their mouths and kind of waving them at each other

Omg such absolute sweethearts

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
omg sweet little muffins

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Puppy potatoes
puppy potaaaatoes

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

MockingQuantum posted:

How do you get literally anything constructive done when you could just spend all day sitting in the Puppy Box playing with them and giving them many kisses on their little heads?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm also pleased to report that this litter has repeated a recent trend of the smallest puppy also being the most assertive and spunky one, which is little Ziti, the red tri. Their mom was also the tiny firecracker in her litter, so she comes by it honestly

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Man I needed that. Love that turtle.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

How do you get literally anything constructive done when you could just spend all day sitting in the Puppy Box playing with them and giving them many kisses on their little heads?

Alas they are not at my place this time, I'm getting secondhand pics and reports from the breeder, who has them out at her place, and the mom's owners. We did whelp my dog Waffles's last litter at our place though, and I can confirm it's nearly impossible to get anything useful done with them around, even once they get bitey and poop-y. My partner was the one that took off work and stayed home with them too, so I had the extra challenge of convincing myself that yes, it is worthwhile for me to leave the puppies and go to the job that I don't want to lose that pays me money

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

Man I needed that. Love that turtle.

This is also not the first footage I've seen of a turtles bothering a cat. I think it's in their nature to slowly antagonize other creatures.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lovely coats on those pups. I assume they'll fade though

Plant MONSTER. posted:

This is also not the first footage I've seen of a turtles bothering a cat. I think it's in their nature to slowly antagonize other creatures.

So they're basically cats with shells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lovely coats on those pups. I assume they'll fade though

Nah the coats they have now will basically be what they look like as adults, the black spots on the merles might get a little darker, and it's hard to tell at this point how much copper any of them will have in their coats, but the merle coloration sticks around. They mostly get scruffier as they get older, the short puppy coat doesn't stick around. Here's their aunt with her very lovely merle coat:

Also we got to see one of Waffles's puppies from her last litter this weekend, he's about 10 months old and it's the first time I've seen him in person since he was about 8 weeks old. He is GIANT, he makes his mom look little and if anything she's on the bigger side for the breed. He was very sweet and friendly and found a very cold stick: